Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie and Tobin send message to league and Bengals fans
What will take our entire fan base to recognize we have a great FO, this is not the old Bengals. Katie knows how to play the cap game too, she just proved it in a big way with a 31 million dollar 1st year bonus.

Fans were moaning, experts were trashing us early in FA for not doing a lot as we lost some of our own. Now we know the Bates money went to land Orlando Brown, a key OL to help Joe B. be Joe B. Fans clamored to do something more to protect JB this off season though they signed 3 FA's on the OL last year.

I liked Bates, but Bates nor Bell do their work in the trenches. Dominate the trenches and have a franchise QB with a few very good skilled players = a potentially dominant offense.

But, that is not all. Our DL is intact already for 2023 prior to the draft or any new additions. I have a hunch Katie and Tobin are not done yet.

I asked our fans to chill a couple of days ago, trust the process. Well, I hope everyone now is feeling great versus pissing and crapping their pants.

Enjoy the journey, we may not win a Super Bowl, but sure is fun to be in the conversation again in 2023.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The FO sent the message last year. We had a great team with a huge weakness, and they went and spent big in FA to fix it. Didn't quite work out in the end due to injury, but we couldn't have done a lot more to try and fix the OL. We're now going even further with an even bigger move to sort it out.

Definitely not the Bengals of old. It's clear they recognise Burrow is the key to take us to the promised land, and it's clear they're doing a lot to try and make it happen. Let's be honest, the biggest detractor could only be unhappy with Bell going, the rest weren't going to be matched at the money/term they got.

Couldn't really have asked for them to do a lot more to help the team win since Burrow arrived.
Reply/Quote
It's a good signing, and I am glad they aren't ignoring the OL, but it's not time to pop corks yet. The Bengals as of now are still worse than they were last year. They need to get at least back to where they were last year through FA that way the draft is just about adding guys we hope will be good to take another step forward, rather than it being about adding guys and needing them to be good just so we can reach where we were.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's a good signing, and I am glad they aren't ignoring the OL, but it's not time to pop corks yet. The Bengals as of now are still worse than they were last year. They need to get at least back to where they were last year through FA that way the draft is just about adding guys we hope will be good to take another step forward, rather than it being about adding guys and needing them to be good just so we can reach where we were.

Agreed, fantastic signing.  Now, about that defense..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, fantastic signing.  Now, about that defense..

…which would improve significantly if the Front Office landed Chauncey Gardner-Johnson!
Reply/Quote
Brown is switching positions to LT isn't he? I think I saw that on Twitter.

Great signing!

Still got a lot more work to do though, but this was the move to make.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Says the guy who was ready to jump off a cliff in tampering period of FA. Shouldn't you be in a time out so you can change your diaper?

Defense is strong in the trenches, strong at LB.

Great news is we have more money for FA and also a draft yet to come to bolster the defense. Funny, the guys lost on defense were not all pro's, yet some fans act like we lost Ronnie Lott.

Woah friend. That may have been a little harsh on Sunset.

I think the guys we lost were above average to good. Still need to address Safety. I'd say another pass rusher will help too as our pass rush was mediocre last year.

But, yes. The Brown signing was amazing!

Need a couple TE's too.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the guys we lost were above average to good. Still need to address Safety. I'd say another pass rusher will help too as our pass rush was mediocre last year.

Need a couple TE's too.

To upgrade the pass rush Jadeveon Clowney is available. Any takers?

As far as a new safety goes I like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's a good signing, and I am glad they aren't ignoring the OL, but it's not time to pop corks yet. The Bengals as of now are still worse than they were last year. They need to get at least back to where they were last year through FA that way the draft is just about adding guys we hope will be good to take another step forward, rather than it being about adding guys and needing them to be good just so we can reach where we were.

And respectfully free agency isn’t over and the draft still looms. So that’s a nothing burger comment. They are bringing the Rams safety for a visit. They aren’t going to be as good at safety. But maybe they will be better on offense with the OL. It’s not just Brown. Volson will be better. The continuity should be stronger. Maybe they pick up a solid RT in the draft.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To upgrade the pass rush Jadeveon Clowney is available.  Any takers?

Clowney is more a run stopper than a pass rusher as a Pro. He's very overrated as a pro. I can't emphasize that enough. Especially for what he wants paid.

There are a few other guys that I'd rather have as pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown is switching positions to LT isn't he? I think I saw that on Twitter.

Great signing!

Still got a lot more work to do though, but this was the move to make.

He was LT in KC last season at least.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To upgrade the pass rush Jadeveon Clowney is available.  Any takers?

Would be great and definitely think safety is a spot the Bengals will still add in FA. Maybe a cheap TE but definitely think safety still.

Although there are reports that Gardner-Johnson is talking to the Bronco's presently too. Hope it does not become a bidding war

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Calais Campbell was released as well....
Reply/Quote
Im just glad the FO knows the PRIORITY and what WINS game.

It aint a safety making 16 million a year. Its an OL or DL that can give your elite QB time or pressure the opposing QB.

That's what is most exciting. They UNDERSTAND.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
and yes the FO (Katie) has made me proud to be a Bengals fan as of late.

Katie is my hero !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Woah friend. That may have been a little harsh on Sunset.

I think the guys we lost were above average to good. Still need to address Safety. I'd say another pass rusher will help too as our pass rush was mediocre last year.

Need a couple TE's too.

I was ready to jump off a cliff and I also shit my pants multiple times the past few days.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: He was LT in KC last season at least.

He played LT last 2 years for KC and was named an all pro both years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And respectfully free agency isn’t over and the draft still looms. So that’s a nothing burger comment. They are bringing the Rams safety for a visit. They aren’t going to be as good at safety. But maybe they will be better on offense with the OL. It’s not just Brown. Volson will be better. The continuity should be stronger. Maybe they pick up a solid RT in the draft.

You say respectfully free agency isn't over, as if that's not what I said as well. It's not over yet, it's not time to pop the corks. They still have work to do, and there's still time and players out there who will fit the bill of what they need. Celebration now is preemptive.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Calais Campbell was released as well....

I'd love to add him as veteran depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to add him as veteran depth.

Yep, you take a major player like that, who is getting a little long in the tooth, and add him in as a rotational piece, and get several more quality years out of him.
Reply/Quote