Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-13-2018, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you want to share those exact words or leave it to the reader to dig them out between the inferences made? I'm gonna roll with the DoI for the Founding Father's views.

I provided the links.  Some people probably want to not look any deeper to see if the words are true.  Why?  maybe it would disagree with their preconceived notions?  Maybe they don't like to work to learn?  hard to say.

However the "opinions" in the two links refer to the words and times of the Founding Fathers.

So either prove them wrong or ignore them...whatever makes you feel better about your own ideas.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-13-2018, 05:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I provided the links.  Some people probably want to not look any deeper to see if the words are true.  Why?  maybe it would disagree with their preconceived notions?  Maybe they don't like to work to learn?  hard to say.

However the "opinions" in the two links refer to the words and times of the Founding Fathers.

So either prove them wrong or ignore them...whatever makes you feel better about your own ideas.

So dig 'em out it is.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-13-2018, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So dig 'em out it is.

I mean Jefferson's are there in the quote...it's not that hard unless someone is being deliberately obtuse about the subject.

But hey, we have one line from the DOI so why bother do any research?  It is a clearly defined sentence with no ambiguity that everyone can read without looking too hard.
(09-13-2018, 05:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean Jefferson's are there in the quote...it's not that hard unless someone is being deliberately obtuse about the subject.

But hey, we have one line from the DOI so why bother do any research?  It is a clearly defined sentence with no ambiguity that everyone can read without looking too hard.

Pretty sure that was the purpose.

(09-13-2018, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you want to share those exact words or leave it to the reader to dig them out between the inferences made (I think I read one that said because of pulling out a beard)? I'm gonna roll with the DoI for the Founding Father's views.

One of the other inalienable rights was "liberty".  Guess you think they opposed slavery, right?

Why look at what they really believed when you can ignore everything else they said and make up your own opinion?

Sad
(09-13-2018, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the other inalienable rights was "liberty".  Guess you think they opposed slavery, right?

Why look at what they really believed when you can ignore everything else they said and make up your own opinion?

Sad

I formed no opinion; simply posted the words. It was you Dino that posted the opinion pieces.

Try to keep up.

(09-13-2018, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure that was the purpose.

Hilarious
(09-13-2018, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I formed no opinion; simply posted the words. It was you Dino that posted the opinion pieces.

Try to keep up.

Now I am confused.  You responded to a question about the founding father opinion on abortion by saying this.

(09-13-2018, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure they said life is an unalienable right given by god. So it cannot be taken away

Now you are saying you have no opinion on what the Founding fathers position on abortion?

If the founding fathers said life could not be taken away then what was their position on capital punishment?
(09-13-2018, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I formed no opinion; simply posted the words. It was you Dino that posted the opinion pieces.

Try to keep up.

I am keeping up just fine.  Since they said "all men are created equal" and "liberty" is an inalienable right then what was their opinion on slavery?
(09-13-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am confused.  You responded to a question about the founding father opinion on abortion by saying this.

Now you are saying you have no opinion on what the Founding fathers position on abortion?

If the founding fathers said life could not be taken away then what was their position on capital punishment?

Well a 2 piece puzzle could get you confused but:

I simply posted the words. You can look up the definition for inalienable to see their thoughts on whether or not it can be taken away.

(09-13-2018, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am keeping up just fine.  Since they said "all men are created equal" and "liberty" is an inalienable right then what was their opinion on slavery?

Ask someone is a slavery thread. This thread morphed in abortion because of Roe. I posted the part of the DoI that speaks to taking away life.

(09-13-2018, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask someone is a slavery thread. This thread morphed in abortion because of Roe. I posted the part of the DoI that speaks to taking away life.

What you did was take a comment that had zero to do with abortion and try to use it to prove the Founding fathers opposed abortion.  Then when someone posted what their actual opinion was you doubled down on your original false assumption instead of admitting you were wrong.

Sad.
(09-13-2018, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well a 2 piece puzzle could get you confused but:

I simply posted the words. You can look up the definition for inalienable to see their thoughts on whether or not it can be taken away.

Or since they obviously say it CAN be taken away I could look up what they actually said about abortion and capital punishment.
(09-13-2018, 05:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or since they obviously say it CAN be taken away I could look up what they actually said about abortion and capital punishment.

Do you want to share what the founding fathers wrote about abortion or do you just want to question what someone else wrote simply because you don't like the words?

The DoI clearly says everyone is entitled to life. That's not an opinion; that's what it says. If you want to opine on it feel free. But don't accuse (I know how much you love to do that) someone else of giving their biased opinion when all I did was post the exact words. 

Makes no matter; you can throw out all the capitol punishment, slavery Red Herrings you want. The question was asked about abortion and words from the DoI were presented. 

To take away a life, that "life" would have to be born first. This is when life starts at birth.
(09-13-2018, 05:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or since they obviously say it CAN be taken away I could look up what they actually said about abortion and capital punishment.

Do you want to share what the founding fathers wrote about abortion or do you just want to question what someone else wrote simply because you don't like the words?

The DoI clearly says everyone is entitled to life. That's not an opinion; that's what it says. If you want to opine on it feel free. But don't accuse (I know how much you love to do that) someone else of giving their biased opinion when all I did was post the exact words. 

Makes no matter you can throw out all the capitol punishment, slavery Red Herrings you want. The question was asked about abortion and words from the DoI were presented. 

(09-13-2018, 06:04 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: To take away a life, that "life" would have to be born first. This is when life starts at birth.

You finished last in science class didn't you?

(09-13-2018, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Makes no matter you can throw out all the capitol punishment, slavery Red Herrings you want. The question was asked about abortion and words from the DoI were presented. 

Someone does not know the meaning of "red herring".  The founding fathers position on capital punishment is DIRECT PROOF that they agreed life could be taken away.

The words you presented from the preamble are meaningless in the abortion argument because the founding fathers agreed that life could be taken away.
(09-13-2018, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Someone does not know the meaning of "red herring".  The founding fathers position on capital punishment is DIRECT PROOF that they agreed life could be taken away.

The words you presented from the preamble are meaningless in the abortion argument because the founding fathers agreed that life could be taken away.

Red Herring; Doesn't that mean making a different argument other than that proposed? As far as I know, you're the only person that has talked about slavery in this thread. 

The offer still stands to post actual words. 

Have you looked up the word inalienable

(09-13-2018, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Red Herring; Doesn't that mean making a different argument other than that proposed? As far as I know, you're the only person that has talked about slavery in this thread. 

A red herring is a distraction that has nothing to do with the issue being debated.  Since you are trying to claim that the word "inalienable" in the preamble to the DOI proves that the founding fathers opposed abortion because "life" could "never be taken away" I posted examples to prove you wrong.  I showed that even though the founding fathers said that "life" and "liberty" are "inalienable" rights they also agreed that both life and liberty could be taken away by slavery and capital punishment.

So there was no "red herring" at all.  Instead there were two examples of DIRECT PROOF that the founding fathers agreed "inalienable" rights could be taken away.

(09-13-2018, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Have you looked up the word inalienable

Yes I have.  Have you looked up the words "liberty" and "slavery"?  Have you looked up the word "life" and "capital punishment"?