Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-26-2018, 09:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know, but it is better for everyone, politically, for this to wrap up before then.

As for the second part about timing, so? When it was brought up there should've immediately been an investigation. But there was a lot of dragging of feet by the GOP on that and an eventual refusal. No one's hands are clean on this in the Senate.

The guy has been investigated something like four times by the FBI for various jobs?  Nothing.  I know they haven't been asked under oath, but no potential witnesses corroborate her story.  And you lose credibility with me when you play politics with a supposed traumatic event.

I will never say the Republican's hands are clean in something.  I believe the "civilized" chamber is largely a nest of rats.  And you probably did a lot of underhanded crap to be top rat.  Just look at our current leader and his predecessor.   
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-26-2018, 09:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I haven't seen anything that makes the story more credible. 

Maybe because there has been no investigation?

(09-26-2018, 09:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, I'm just sickened by this entire process.  This, more than any other incident in my lifetime, makes me lament the state of our nation.  The whole thing has been a joke from start to finish.  I see no middle ground anymore because neither side wants one.  I see no interest in truth from either side, only how best to achieve their aims.  I see a horrible precedent being set.  Not long ago I saw the Democratic party as occupying a morally superior high ground.  Now I see them covered in mud, with the only thing distinguishing them from the GOP is what group of extremists they cater to and quite honestly, at the moment, their extremists appear to be far more extreme.  The Dems botched this, they have themselves to blame.

"Both sides!!!....but the Democrats are worse!"

It's laughable.

Trying to play the middle of the road card while casting more blame based on YOUR political preference.  Just own what you believe: The GOP is better than the Democrats.  Period.  Doesn't matter what the cause or the case.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2018, 09:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The guy has been investigated something like four times by the FBI for various jobs?  Nothing.  I know they haven't been asked under oath, but no potential witnesses corroborate her story.  And you lose credibility with me when you play politics with a supposed traumatic event.

I will never say the Republican's hands are clean in something.  I believe the "civilized" chamber is largely a nest of rats.  And you probably did a lot of underhanded crap to be top rat.  Just look at our current leader and his predecessor.   

That's not my understanding. But it should be noted that, at best, if there is no corroboration of the stories of the accusers there are lots of contradictions of statements and testimony of Kavanaugh. In the end, that's the biggest issue, is Kavanaugh's shaky relationship with the truth.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-26-2018, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe because there has been no investigation?

"Both sides!!!....but the Democrats are worse!"

It's laughable.

Trying to play the middle of the road card while casting more blame based on YOUR political preference.  Just own what you believe: The GOP is better than the Democrats.  Period.  Doesn't matter what the cause or the case.  

But you've been here long enough to know SSF has mostly championed liberal causes.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-26-2018, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But you've been here long enough to know SSF has mostly championed liberal causes.  

Honestly, I think SSF would be a happy liberal if he was somewhere like my neck of the woods. I think California's Democratic party has turned him off from them. They are a special breed out there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-26-2018, 09:56 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I think SSF would be a happy liberal if he was somewhere like my neck of the woods. I think California's Democratic party has turned him off from them. They are a special breed out there.

Hell I'd be a happy liberal in your neck of the woods.   Hilarious

(09-26-2018, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But you've been here long enough to know SSF has mostly championed liberal causes.  

Citation?

Cool
(09-26-2018, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Citation?

Cool

Pro-choice, pro gay marriage, anti-Iraq, anti-monotheism, generally liked Obama off the top of my head.

Like responsible gun control laws?

LMAO 
(09-26-2018, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Like responsible gun control laws?

LMAO 

That's the only thing we used to agree on.  

(09-26-2018, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hell I'd be a happy liberal in your neck of the woods.   Hilarious

I am in this blue island surrounded by a sea of red. In the best chance we have had in years, long-time incumbent retiring, momentum on our side, a candidate with a populist message and championing a cause that crosses the aisles, we are still rated as a district that will stay in GOP hands and the DCCC isn't putting money into it.

It's tough being a liberal here. LOL

(09-26-2018, 10:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am in this blue island surrounded by a sea of red. In the best chance we have had in years, long-time incumbent retiring, momentum on our side, a candidate with a populist message and championing a cause that crosses the aisles, we are still rated as a district that will stay in GOP hands and the DCCC isn't putting money into it.

It's tough being a liberal here. LOL

I especially like the part where they don't pay them lazy government employees nuthin'.  'Ceptin the  police and fire.  

(09-26-2018, 10:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Pro-choice, pro gay marriage, anti-Iraq, anti-monotheism, generally liked Obama off the top of my head.

I'll take your word for it...but I haven't seen anything in the last two years to make me think he's liberal in the slightest or that he fairly considers "both sides do it".

Whether that is because of his home state or not.
(09-26-2018, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I especially like the part where they don't pay them lazy government employees nuthin'.  'Ceptin the  police and fire.  

Yeah, they don't pay them much, either. There are many localities that pay better. It's actually a very common problem in the state where they will train a Trooper, get them on the road, they get to know the local police, and then take a higher paying job with them as soon as they can. Fire/rescue is all local government, though, so that can get paid better. Really it's an issue with the state employee pay scale.

You know i'm standing right here, right?-SSF

(09-26-2018, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You know i'm standing right here, right?-SSF

Smirk

Nah, if he was here he'd have already told me I was wrong....about everything...again.   Ninja
Until Trump supporters are willing to call for an FBI investigation along with the victims, it's safe to say everything they say is political rhetoric and they know the truth.

Until then crying about being "sickened by this entire process. This, more than any other incident in my lifetime, makes me lament the state of our nation." after what we saw Garland go through with no accusations of misconduct would garner a laugh by the United Nations, majority of Americans, Garland and well everyone but Trump supporters.

I mean you can't make this stuff up. Why Trump supporters set themselves up to be mocked all for politics is beyond me.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-26-2018, 12:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why Trump supporters set themselves up to be mocked all for politics is beyond me.

All you have to do is convince yourself that being mocked is a good thing, and you've got self-gratification by the doleful!  It reminds me how white women continue to be shamed by being overweight while black women were like, nuts to this, let's all just agree being overweight makes you even sexier!  It's all in your perspective, folk.  Trump's supporters are the "big sexy divas" of the political world.

Personally, I've convinced myself that squabbling between US citizens is caused by me being awesome and being very good at sex.
Another named accuser who obviously just wants to be proven wrong for lying.  I'm sure.   Mellow

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/26/michael-avenatti-identifies-kavanaugh-accuser-as-julie-swetnick.html?__source=sharebar|facebook&par=sharebar

Quote:A third accuser of Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh on Wednesday publicly identified herself and alleged that 
Kavanaugh and others while in high school spiked the drinks of girls at parties to make it easier for them to be gang raped.
Julie Swetnick's stunning claims, made on the eve of a Senate committee hearing for Kavanaugh and another accuser, came in an affidavit to a Senate staffer that was released by her lawyer.

The White House had no immediate comment on Swetnick's allegations, which were signed under penalty of perjury. Her accusations against Kavanaugh could make an already imperiled nomination even less likely to succeed.

Swetnick, 55, identified herself as a resident of Washington, D.C., who has held multiple clearances for work done at the Treasury Department, U.S. Mint, IRS, State Department and Justice Department, among others.

Swetnick, in the affidavit posted on Twitter by Avenatti, claims that she saw Kavanaugh, as a high school student in Maryland in the early 1980s, "drink excessively at many" house parties in suburban Maryland.
She said he engaged in "abusive and physically agressive behavior toward girls."

During the years of 1981 and 1982 she said she learned of efforts by Kavanaugh, his friend Mark Judge and others "to spike the drinks of girls at house parties I attended with grain alcohol and/or drugs so as to cause girls to lose inhibitions and their ability to say 'No.' "

Certain girls were targeted by those boys, and "it was usually a girl that was especially vulnerable because she was alone at the party or shy."

Swetnick said these efforts by Kavanaugh and his buddy Judge were done so the girls "could then be 'gang raped' in a side room or bedroom by a 'train' of numerous boys."

"I have a firm recollection of seeing boys lined up outside rooms at many of these parties waiting for their 'turn' with a girl inside the room. These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh," Swetnick said.

She also said in her affidavit sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee that in approximately 1982 "I became the victim of one of these 'gang' or 'train' rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present."

"Shortly after the incident, I shared what had transpired with at least two other people," Swetnick said.

"During the incident, I was incapacitated without my consent and unable to fight off the boys raping me, I believe I was drugged using Quaaludes or something similar placed in what I was drinking."

She says that she shared the story of her own alleged gang rape, which she says took place around 1982, with "at least two other people" shortly after it occurred.

[/url]
[Image: DoBx1PGXsAAJUde?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: DoBx3JaWkAEip6_?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: DoBx4acXUAEl_Fm?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: DoBx6BUWkAY-JSg?format=jpg&name=360x360]

Quote:[Image: vgoi72kW_normal.jpg]
Michael Avenatti

@MichaelAvenatti

Below is my correspondence to Mr. Davis of moments ago, together with a sworn declaration from my client. We demand an immediate FBI investigation into the allegations. Under no circumstances should Brett Kavanaugh be confirmed absent a full and complete investigation.
10:42 AM - Sep 26, 2018

• [url=https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960428730843136]15.1K people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Kavanaugh has repeatedly denied committing any sexual misconduct. He also claims to have been a virgin in high school.

Judge's lawyer, Barbara Van Gelder, did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for a comment on the allegations.

A spokeswoman for Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, in response to the affidavit, said, "This morning Michael Avenatti provided a declaration to the Judiciary Committee. Committee lawyers are in the process of reviewing it now."

Ranking Judiciary Committee Democratic member Dianne Feinstein of California did not immediately respond to CNBC's requests for comment on Avenatti's client.

Avenatti had for several days said he had a client, until now unnamed, who had been aware of gang rapes connected to Kavanaugh. His release of Swetnick's affidavit to the chief counsel for the Senate Judiciary Committee comes a day before Kavanaugh and another woman accusing him of sexual assault are due to testify at that committee.

That woman, Christine Blasey Ford, said Kavanaugh held her down on a bed and grinded against while Judge watched during a get together at a house in Maryland in the early 1980s, when they were all high school students.

The New Yorker has published a second woman's account.

Deborah Ramirez, a Yale University classmate of Kavanaugh's, alleged that Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a gathering in front of their peers.

Kavanaugh has categorically denied both of those allegations, and has said that "I've never sexually assaulted anyone" in a Fox News interview that aired Monday.

He vowed not to withdraw his nomination for the high court, and said he would clear his name in public testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
(09-26-2018, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Another named accuser who obviously just wants to be proven wrong for lying.  I'm sure.   Mellow

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/26/michael-avenatti-identifies-kavanaugh-accuser-as-julie-swetnick.html?__source=sharebar|facebook&par=sharebar

Is she going to name all the other rapists?  Sad that she didn't report all of these other girls being raped before she was.  Could have saved a lot of trauma.