Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
So the takeaway. Blame the Clinton's..... Who would have thought huh?.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-27-2018, 04:56 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I would say that for a judge, it's business as usual except he's on the other side.

No in a court of law you don't have to prove your innocence.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 05:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Admitting you have a problem is half the battle.  Good job.   ThumbsUp

WTS bringing up politics sound like an excuse versus saying it doesn't matter why or who or what but that he is innocent and he will answer any and all questions about it.

Again, I tend to watch these types of things through the eyes of a guy watching the media so maybe I'm just looking at the optics of it.  His PR guy didn't give him good advice.  

In your awesome way of viewing; what political view did he bring up? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

How should he act? What is the correct response to her allegations? It’s lose lose for him and his family no matter what.
(09-27-2018, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In your awesome way of viewing; what political view did he bring up? 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-says-hes-a-target-of-a-revenge-plot-on-behalf-of-the-clintons

Quote:Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh accused Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday of leveraging anti-Trump sentiment following the bruising 2016 presidential election into a smear campaign designed to tarnish his reputation and sink his confirmation.

"This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election. Fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons, and millions of dollars in money from outside, left-wing opposition groups," Kavanaugh said during opening remarks before the panel.

So, yeah....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 04:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does any of hs statements taint his objectivity?  Given his deep disdain for those who said bad things about him, can he hear a case in which a democrat is involved or just those specific ones?

Probably best if he didn't play the victim card even if he feels he is.  Just a bad look.  

Defend your innocence...that has nothing to do with your politics.

You mean a random Democrat?  His disdain is clearly directed at specific people.  The ones he waves his arm towards.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: When the Republicans decide what is perjury, Ford should fear lying under oath, Kav shouldn't....Obviously. Given he is using right wing talking points and attacking Dems with conspiracy theories.

That's why he's avoiding the FBI. Perjury there will put both of them in jeopardy of prison. Not just one.

I do not recall that caveat in your original post.  It was oath vs message board dude. Wink

(09-27-2018, 05:17 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: How should he act? What is the correct response to her allegations? It’s lose lose for him and his family no matter what.

Again, not his tone....just his use of politics as his defense.

For example only speaking n FOX.  Just looks  bad.
(09-27-2018, 05:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You mean a random Democrat?  His disdain is clearly directed at specific people.  The ones he waves his arm towards.  

Quote:"This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election. Fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons, and millions of dollars in money from outside, left-wing opposition groups," Kavanaugh said during opening remarks before the panel.

"specific"
(09-27-2018, 05:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-says-hes-a-target-of-a-revenge-plot-on-behalf-of-the-clintons

So, yeah....

Your awesome ability to post a link aside; I Still haven't seen him question anyone's political views.

And all that "this is the objective way I look at it" has proven to be BS as your retort was what someone else said in the Washington Examiner. 

(09-27-2018, 05:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, not his tone....just his use of politics as his defense.

For example only speaking n FOX.  Just looks  bad.

He is a partisan actor. That has been my biggest issue with him from the start. I had differences of opinions with justices and nominees, but none of them have a history of being a partisan actor in the same way he does.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2018, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your awesome ability to post a link aside; I Still haven't seen him question anyone's political views.

And all that "this is the objective way I look at it" has proven to be BS as your retort was what someone else said in the Washington Examiner. 

Okay.  Seems you're a bit put off by his own words being quoted...lol.

You just go on and be your "awesome" self and objectively watch it buddy!
(09-27-2018, 05:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He is a partisan actor. That has been my biggest issue with him from the start. I had differences of opinions with justices and nominees, but none of them have a history of being a partisan actor in the same way he does.

I dunno Matt...apparently we aren't as "open minded" as others watching this.  I'm sure it's just my bias.  Sad
(09-27-2018, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Okay.  Seems you're a bit put off by his own words being quoted...lol.

I don't need the words quoted; I was there when he said them. He directly confronted those who have tried to ruin his life. Not one word on their political polices. 

But feel free to quote the next link that asserts what you objectively see. 

(09-27-2018, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Okay.  Seems you're a bit put off by his own words being quoted...lol.

(09-27-2018, 05:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: I dunno Matt...apparently we aren't as "open minded" as others watching this.  I'm sure it's just my bias.  Sad

Circle jerk aside. I suppose neither of you would confront a person and/or their motives for trying to ruin your life. He described exactly what is happening, but he's not "allowed" to do so because he's a judge. 

So I read Dr Ford's opening statement last night, but I didn't get to see her testimony. Did the Dems ask her any hard questions? How about the woman questioning for the Republicans?

The crazy thing is: Everybody nationwide and here suggested the accuser would be unfairly attacked. Yet during her testimony both in here and in the hearing folks have done nothing but attack the accused.

Look in the mirror much?

(09-27-2018, 05:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So I read Dr Ford's opening statement last night, but I didn't get to see her testimony. Did the Dems ask her any hard questions? How about the woman questioning for the Republicans?

None whatsoever
(09-27-2018, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Circle jerk aside. I suppose neither of you would confront a person and/or their motives for trying to ruin your life. He described exactly what is happening, but he's not "allowed" to do so because he's a judge. 

Weird.  I never said he couldn't defend himself.  I said he should...and strongly.  I just said bringing up Trump and Clinton was a bad look versus saying ask me anything you like because I am innocent.

Sidenote:  What is the obsession with the group action you and your buddy always refer too?  That's weird too.   Mellow
(09-27-2018, 05:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He is a partisan actor. That has been my biggest issue with him from the start. I had differences of opinions with justices and nominees, but none of them have a history of being a partisan actor in the same way he does.

Ding ding ding ding!! Winner winner.

Sure i care lil weirdo rapey kav likes to black out and sexually assault women and has lied under oath. 

But i care most about the fact he would be a partisan judge without a doubt.