Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kellerman says Steelers should 'thank the refs'
Conner should have had a TD so the bad call went both ways. We lost due to poor D.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I agree with this. There have been A LOT of Bengals/Steelers games where it was outright blatant favoritism. Games where the Bengals would be penalized to death for everything and the Steelers wouldn't get called for shit.

This was a fairly well called game. About as well could be expected for one of these games.

Really, I think the refs was biased as usual. Defensive holding call on Geno was at best outright cheating for pitt. Dre K holding call gave them a first down when it should have been 4th and ten. Ab td outright illegal and the very definition of a pick play. Do you know why our d line got shut out today? you guessed it they were allowed to hold all game long even when we blitzed our guys was grabbed up.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:09 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: Really, I think the refs was biased as usual. Defensive holding call on Geno was at best outright cheating for pitt. Dre K holding call gave them a first down when it should have been 4th and ten. Ab td outright illegal and the very definition of a pick play. Do you know why our d line got shut out today? you guessed it they were allowed to hold all game long even when we blitzed our guys was grabbed up.

They called more penalties on Pittsburgh than us. It was a more evenly penalized game. We got away with some shit too. Burfict's intentional shoulder/elbow shot to Antonio Brown's head really stands out. DreK got away with a couple of obvious holds. You could see Schuster or Brown's jersey in his hand plain as day. For the most part, they let them play today.

Yes, there were a couple of bullshit or ticky tack calls and there were many no calls. Generally, it always seems to me that the Bengals have a bunch more penalties called on them than Pittsburgh. It wasn't that way today at all. So yes, I think this is one of the better officiated Bengals/Steelers games I've seen in awhile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I agree with this. There have been A LOT of Bengals/Steelers games where it was outright blatant favoritism. Games where the Bengals would be penalized to death for everything and the Steelers wouldn't get called for shit.

This was a fairly well called game. About as well could be expected for one of these games.

Yep, good teams can’t make excuses. They’ve gotta get up for next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:52 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The refs weren’t that bad at all compared to like every other game that I’ve seen between these two teams.

The refs didn't beat us neither did the Steelers we beat ourselves  giving them back the ball with enough time to score. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Conner should have had a TD so the bad call went both ways. We lost due to poor D.

And the drops, and the Oline playing like shit...

Wasn’t all on the d.

Reply/Quote
Would have been better to lose to the colts and beat the squeelers. BTW... the JAGUARS are the first team to start imploding after starting out very strong.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The refs didn't beat us neither did the Steelers we beat ourselves  giving them back the ball with enough time to score. 

100% agree!
Reply/Quote
Well it was nice to have hope of a championship briefly this season...now it looks all but sure that we won't even make the playoffs. The record is deceiving - they can't block, can't tackle, have no pass rush when its means something and the receivers have WAY too many dropped balls.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well it was nice to have hope of a championship briefly this season...now it looks all but sure that we won't even make the playoffs. The record is deceiving - they can't block, can't tackle, have no pass rush when its means something and the receivers have WAY too many dropped balls.

All true, yet they do have HEART. 

Believe that alone will get them in playoffs. Well, that and getting healthy. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well it was nice to have hope of a championship briefly this season...now it looks all but sure that we won't even make the playoffs. The record is deceiving - they can't block, can't tackle, have no pass rush when its means something and the receivers have WAY too many dropped balls.

I wonder how many Steeler fans said this exact thing when the Ravens beat them or Ravens fans said it when we beat them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: The bengals got beat in every facet of this game.  Blown call or not they didn’t deserve to win.

That isn't even true.  Between all of the near-interceptions and the fumble that Smith-Schitbag happened to fall on, the defense should have had at least one turnover.  Dalton only had one ball that was a-near pick compared to Piggy's several.  The Steelers were extraordinarily lucky today.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Think the team we're fielding is worse than the 2015 Bengals. Defense is not playing well regardless of refs.

When was the last time we had a dominating team on both sides of the ball? It's either a dominating defense with a bumbling  1-2-3-an out
offense, or a high-powered offense with a penalty-ridden, soft matador turnstyle defense. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If the penalty is called, maybe things play out differently...but at the end of the day, I think Lance McAlister summed it up best:

'The D had the final task in this equation....and failed.'
Reply/Quote

Your opinion is based on 1 minute and 3 seconds, out of 6 complete games, or 360 minutes. 

That's kind of silly.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe we should come out and make a statement against the Steelers, and not let a call here or there decide the game? Just a thought.

Not saying we didn’t catch some bad breaks, but I’m tired of the excuses. Just go out and dominate them and stop letting them come in and make PBS Heinz Field West.

On board Captain. They are more than capable.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like how Fouts called it "A little bit of a pick". WTS, that play did not cost us the game. WRs not holding on to balls cost us the game

When will AJ's drop pass (Get it?) expire?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote

How does 1st place in week 6 make you lose hope?

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Your opinion is based on 1 minute and 3 seconds, out of 6 complete games, or 360 minutes. 

That's kind of silly.

Go back and look at the games. We haven't either passed or run blocked properly since the Carolina disaster. The DL has only appeared in one quarter since the Rats game. And we have a mind blowing dropped pass number this season (I think we are AVERAGING five a game). We got lucky against the Falcons and Dolphins but here - in what was FAR AND AWAY the most important game of the season - the Bungles crap the bed as usual. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Go back and look at the games. We haven't either passed or run blocked properly since the Carolina disaster. The DL has only appeared in one quarter since the Rats game. And we have a mind blowing dropped pass number this season (I think we are AVERAGING five a game). We got lucky against the Falcons and Dolphins but here - in what was FAR AND AWAY the most important game of the season - the Bungles crap the bed as usual. 

Why was this game any more important than the Ravens game?

Reply/Quote