Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Anderson-there is always next year
Ken Anderson is one of the 31 semi-finalists for the NFL Hall of Fame senior committee. This is his 3rd time as a semi finalist.

Next round of voting is July 27. The finalists will be voted on Aug 22

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Full list here:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces-60-semifinalists-for-class-of-2024-in-senior-coachcontributor-categories/

In my opinion, none is more deserving than Kenny. Unfortunately our opinions count for nothing.
Reply/Quote
It is crazy Kenny is not in the Hall
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 07:14 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Full list here:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces-60-semifinalists-for-class-of-2024-in-senior-coachcontributor-categories/

In my opinion, none is more deserving than Kenny. Unfortunately our opinions count for nothing.

That's a pretty tough list actually.  Unfortunately the committees over the years have Ken Riley'd Otis Taylor, and he passed away in March of this year.  He should have been in a long time ago.  Randy Gradishar and Tommy Nobis are really strong LB candidates on the list.  Kuechenberg is a solid choice.  Lester Hayes, Joe Jacoby, and others will make this an uphill battle for Anderson.  He seems to be one of the most frequently mentioned snubs over the last several years, so maybe that'll play in his favor.
Reply/Quote
They were already making excuses for the Hall on NFL radio as they think Anderson will not get in, again, this year...... "Well, there are so many deserving players they may not want to go back to another Bengal since they just voted Riley in......" Of all the BS excuses...
I have personally never been to the HOF and will not go until Kenny Anderson is in there.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Ken Anderson is one of the 31 semi-finalists for the NFL Hall of Fame senior committee.  This is his 3rd time as a semi finalist.

Next round of voting is July 27.  The finalists will be voted on Aug 22

31 feels like a lot of semifinalists, doesn't it?
They couldn't have narrowed down the field further before announcing who was a semifinalist?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You never know.  The Bengals aren't the same rug mat team that's been so easy to dismiss over the years anymore. With the high profile of Burrow, etc.,  it might just be what gets Kenny in..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Of course I hope Kenny makes it but I gotta admit i loved me some Lester Hayes back in the day

[Image: 61559pwjroi11.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I hope Kenny makes it but I gotta admit i loved me some Lester Hayes back in the day

Lester the Molester (in a good way!). 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I hope Kenny makes it but I gotta admit i loved me some Lester Hayes back in the day

I always liked Lester (Raiders players were big all around when i was growing up) but i always ran around as Mike Haynes, back in the day. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2023, 02:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Lester the Molester (in a good way!). 

(07-20-2023, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I always liked Lester (Raiders players were big all around when i was growing up) but i always ran around as Mike Haynes, back in the day. 

Those Raider teams were awesome back then. I liked every one of them. They were the only AFC Team who interrupted the Steelers Dynasty of the 70s. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It's been said a blue zillion times so why not a blue zillion and one? If Kenny had played for any one of a dozen other teams he'd have been in quite some time ago.

Just hoping they finally see the light with him.
Reply/Quote
I'm suprised that Henry Ellard, Roger Craig, and a few others weren't in Canton already. Also, how is Robert Kraft eligible already? Do owners not have to have a certain waiting period after owning a team to get in?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 04:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 31 feels like a lot of semifinalists, doesn't it?
They couldn't have narrowed down the field further before announcing who was a semifinalist?

Totally agree
Reply/Quote

Why is he rubbing eggs on his hands?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't we have results from the next round by now?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 01:06 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Shouldn't we have results from the next round by now?

Aug 22nd is the next round

sorry had the wrong date

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: Aug 16th is the next round

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 11:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why is he rubbing eggs on his hands?  Ninja

Because eggs smell bad in the summer and if it's all over the football, the QB is gonna wanna get rid of it ASAP, which means more picks for Lestaaaar. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 11:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why is he rubbing eggs on his hands?  Ninja

"Coach, I look like a **** *** an elephant!"
Reply/Quote