Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese.....
Maybe it was just me but I saw Gio consistently being played in the redzone or right outside of it today which seems ridiculous considering the other 2 guys we have. The 3rd and 2 play where Dalton gets blindsided and fumbles shouldn't have happened, Just run the ball with Hill or Mixon! I sense that Zampese over thinks it at times trying to catch the other team off guard.

Maybe I'm just ranting but that it got on my nerves today was the way the backs were used today.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Maybe it was just me but I saw Gio consistently being played in the redzone or right outside of it today which seems ridiculous considering the other 2 guys we have. The 3rd and 2 play where Dalton gets blindsided and fumbles shouldn't have happened, Just run the ball with Hill or Mixon! I sense that Zampese over thinks it at times trying to catch the other team off guard.

Maybe I'm just ranting but that it got on my nerves today was the way the backs were used today.

Me too man....run the damn ball!  You KNOW Og can't handle Suggs....wtf?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right like a pass to Eifert. You know, to take advantage of his strengths.

Has Zampese forgot about the seam pass that Eifert was so deadly at under Hue? Playing to the players strengths. I don't see Zampese doing that.

Did Eifert play today? 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did Eifert play today? 

Yup...

Not that'd you know it, but he was out there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Maybe it was just me but I saw Gio consistently being played in the redzone or right outside of it today which seems ridiculous considering the other 2 guys we have. The 3rd and 2 play where Dalton gets blindsided and fumbles shouldn't have happened, Just run the ball with Hill or Mixon! I sense that Zampese over thinks it at times trying to catch the other team off guard.

Gio was our best runner today. Of all the things to complain about playing Gio is not one of them.

But yeah, we should have ran it more, but Marvin was most likely afraid that JN would bytch about him playing not to lose. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The OC doesn't call protection schemes...but thanks for your predictable thread, 

....isn't that cat an underling of the OC?  Yeah...thought so. So....OC....do your goddamned job and get THAT ***** clown to do his!  I didn't think anyone outside of fred could be so purposely obtuse. This thread isn't about your whipping boy. Go ***** about him in one of the countless others about him...I have 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A team that struggles to block shouldn't be bunched up like that. Spread them out more. 
Things got too tight. That favored Baltimore. 

This is typical Marvin ball. Do nothing at all to use scheme to cover your players weaknesses. In other words, set your people up to fail instead of setting them up to succeed. I wish it were all Zampese but we saw this crap with Hue on occasion and also with Brat and saw it with every QB that has played under Lewis. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup...

Not that'd you know it, but he was out there.

Exactly....forgot the ninja... Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....isn't that cat an underling of the OC?  Yeah...thought so. So....OC....do your goddamned job and get THAT ***** clown to do his!  I didn't think anyone outside of fred could be so purposely obtuse. This thread isn't about your whipping boy. Go ***** about him in one of the countless others about him...I have 

I'm not happy that we lost today too. But no need to take it out on fellow board members. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is typical Marvin ball. Do nothing at all to use scheme to cover your players weaknesses. In other words, set your people up to fail instead of setting them up to succeed. I wish it were all Zampese but we saw this crap with Hue on occasion and also with Brat and saw it with every QB that has played under Lewis. 

That's a fair point I guess....and I must admit my bias against KZ. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, but I thought it was a terrible hire to start with.  I hope it's week 1 BS...but I have my doubts.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not happy that we lost today too. But no need to take it out on fellow board members. 

LOL....ok.podge....

Reply/Quote
With all of this talk about the O-Line and Zampese and Dalton and of course...Mediocre Marv, who is excited for Thursday night!!!!!

Short week, limited time to plan, come on, these guys are the people you'd want....right???

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What was wrong with the playcalling?

It produced zero points.

[Image: hurr-durr-17855291.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Obviously the turnovers killed us....duh. That said....how many plays did you see zero separation, or the defense looking like they were in the huddle with us? Wasn't just me that caught it.....

Tell you what i did see, before the INT towards LaFell in the endzone (i think it was that one...there were so many). Two quick passes to move the ball into the red zone. Hurry up offense is starting to roll. Team is getting jacked. Fans are getting jacked. They're finally moving. 

Then...two straight runs up the middle for Gio. In the red zone. Against the Ravens defense. Did i mention up the middle, in the red zone, on  two straight downs against the Ravens D?

Talk about a buzzkill. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It produced zero points.

[Image: hurr-durr-17855291.png]

As I said: calling for INTs inside our own 10 twice was stupid; but outside of that I'd say it was more execution than play calling

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With all of this talk about the O-Line and Zampese and Dalton and of course...Mediocre Marv, who is excited for Thursday night!!!!!

Short week, limited time to plan, come on, these guys are the people you'd want....right???

They had all of offseason to prepare for today. All .. of .. offseason. Now they have 3 days to prepare for a fired up Texans team. Nothing to worry about.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tell you what i did see, before the INT towards LaFell in the endzone (i think it was that one...there were so many). Two quick passes to move the ball into the red zone. Hurry up offense is starting to roll. Team is getting jacked. Fans are getting jacked. They're finally moving. 

Then...two straight runs up the middle for Gio. In the red zone. Against the Ravens defense. Did i mention up the middle, in the red zone, on  two straight downs against the Ravens D?

Talk about a buzzkill. 

That's is a really good observation....

Gio is at his best when he is in space, running up the middle is not the best place for him.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Defenders weren't afraid to leave their feet. That's an OL problem. Gotta make than a bad decision. 

Precisely....and it was a problem last season too.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tell you what i did see, before the INT towards LaFell in the endzone (i think it was that one...there were so many). Two quick passes to move the ball into the red zone. Hurry up offense is starting to roll. Team is getting jacked. Fans are getting jacked. They're finally moving. 

Talk about a buzzkill. 

Ravens defensive strength: Williams and Pierce inside. 
Bengals offensive strength: AJ and Eifert stretching the field. 

Ravens defensive weakness: Secondary is suspect. 
Bengals offensive weakness: OL is very suspect. 

Hmmm
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Precisely....and it was a problem last season too.

Need more pricks on the OL. 
Guys go up, they gotta come down hard. Make them think twice. 
Reply/Quote