Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese.....
I've spent the better part of the last decade defending ML, but those days are over. 
He really lost it with the KZ hiring and to make matters worse he's still here for a second bite at a rotten apple and they're still sticking with the line coach who has proven absolutely nothing other than he can play the piano and I'm not even sure if he actually can play it and don't really care if he can or cannot..its irrelevant. 
The D is ok, but you don't win games if you can't score and relying on the D to score is iffy at best. 
At any rate I'm done propping any of these clowns up. They have no business coaching an NFL franchise and the team ownership should recognize that, but refuse to.  I'd say that I'm done rooting for this franchise, but I've been down that path too many times and nobody would believe me even if I said it again. I might, however just lose interest and find other ways to spend my time. I did that before. I completely dropped out of paying attention to football for about a decade.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zampese picks play at random from his clipboard. Yeah he still used a clipboard. He trashed his iPad because "That's the way Iv been doing it all my life." Actually that's a good metaphor for his play call style.

Zampese calls plays like he's in the 60s but the rest of the league is in 2017. Iv never seen an easier offense to defend
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is what I was scared of going into the season....but didn't want to admit it.  I couldn't stand him as a shitty QB coach, no idea why I thought he may actually turn it around.  No separation by the wideouts....defense often looked like they were in our huddle.

Agreed.  It was like watching the Texans game last year all over again.  Andy had no targets with any separation at all.  Core got open twice and had one drop and one over thrown out of bounds.  He actually looked fast and had the ability to separate.  We got indifferent AJ again.  

Zampese keeps Dalton three short steps behind the LOS and is a sitting duck.  He needs some designed bootlegs and misdirection screens to slow the pass rush.  I bet our defense would LOVE to play against such an easy offense to defend.  

The fact that we have all this talent (although Core only got a few snaps, Ross was inactive, and Burfict was out) and we will have to watch this clown do nothing with it all season is maddening.  I'm hoping something changes when he self-scouts a bit, but right now they will only win games where their defense wins it for them.  

Can someone please call Sam Wyche to help him self-scout?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right like a pass to Eifert. You know, to take advantage of his strengths.

Has Zampese forgot about the seam pass that Eifert was so deadly at under Hue? Playing to the players strengths. I don't see Zampese doing that.

Eifert is being replaced:

Eifert 1 catch, 4 yards
Kroft 1 catch, 5 yards

Kroft is 20% better than Eifert
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  It was like watching the Texans game last year all over again.  Andy had no targets with any separation at all.  Core got open twice and had one drop and one over thrown out of bounds.  He actually looked fast and had the ability to separate.  We got indifferent AJ again.  

Zampese keeps Dalton three short steps behind the LOS and is a sitting duck.  He needs some designed bootlegs and misdirection screens to slow the pass rush.  I bet our defense would LOVE to play against such an easy offense to defend.  

The fact that we have all this talent (although Core only got a few snaps, Ross was inactive, and Burfict was out) and we will have to watch this clown do nothing with it all season is maddening.  I'm hoping something changes when he self-scouts a bit, but right now they will only win games where their defense wins it for them.  

Can someone please call Sam Wyche to help him self-scout?

Dalton had an off day, to say the least.  That said, when your guy is struggling, and your LT too, why in the Sam hell (see what I did there?), are you not doing something to adjust and try to help them?  No chip, no TE help for Og, no boots, misdirections, etc as you alluded to for AD.  This guy is in WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY over his head.  He wasn't much punkin as a QB coach, why on God's green earth was he promoted to OC?  Oh......wait.... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agree wholeheartedly....and agree that Dalton missing him didn't help.  I also agree with what you say later about the differences between Ross and Core in their overall games 

That said....I saw a lot of missed deep balls all over the league today, drops too.  The deep ball is a low percentage play....when you only run two.....I saw the 2015 Bengals going deep...getting separation...and defenses resepcting that.  Now I wonder....(hopefully this post wasn't too simplistic)....what could be different? Hmmmm

Right now, I would put Core and Ross out there ahead of Lafell and Boyd.  Way too much jogging of routes.  I know Ross was injured, but when he returns, he starts.  If you guys play like you don't care, there is a spot for you at the end of the bench. 

I would also stop wasting our Pro Bowl TE as a blocker, which is isn't very good at anyways.  I want a MINIMUM of four targets in a pattern.  Keep one back in as an outlet.  If you think you need 7 blockers to run the ball when the defense will keep 9 in to defend it, you simply don't get it.  
Reply/Quote
Where were the waggles? What about sprint outs? Why did we wait until late in the 3rd to run a HB screen? Why did we show the reverse action three times, but never actually use it? Why was Cedric left on an island without any help from a TE? What about max protect shot plays early to back the defense off to open up the quick passing game? I have said all off season a bad lineman or two can be overcome with scheme, the chargers literally do it every year, but there didn't seem to be any help from the coordinator schematically to help this team over come it's deficiencies.

I honestly think it may be time to bring back the 6 lineman formation and run the ball an use 4 man patterns just to have some sort of time in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, I would put Core and Ross out there ahead of Lafell and Boyd.  Way too much jogging of routes.  I know Ross was injured, but when he returns, he starts.  If you guys play like you don't care, there is a spot for you at the end of the bench. 

I would also stop wasting our Pro Bowl TE as a blocker, which is isn't very good at anyways.  I want a MINIMUM of four targets in a pattern.  Keep one back in as an outlet.  If you think you need 7 blockers to run the ball when the defense will keep 9 in to defend it, you simply don't get it.  

I don't think he does.  I made a sarcastic reply in another thread, asking if Eifert played.  In all seriousness, it seems KZ forgot he wears stripes.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: Where were the waggles? What about sprint outs? Why did we wait until late in the 3rd to run a HB screen? Why did we show the reverse action three times, but never actually use it? Why was Cedric left on an island without any help from a TE? What about max protect shot plays early to back the defense off to open up the quick passing game? I have said all off season a bad lineman or two can be overcome with scheme, the chargers literally do it every year, but there didn't seem to be any help from the coordinator schematically to help this team over come it's deficiencies.

I honestly think it may be time to bring back the 6 lineman formation and run the ball an use 4 man patterns just to have some sort of time in the pocket.

If we're gonna continue to call the offense like this, we may as well.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:27 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Just not sure the playbook Zampese had mentioned Dalton to throw 4 INTs, and fumble...

Na, the playbook had Zampese calling inside hand off after inside hand off to Gio and it continually be stuffed for no gain. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Someone should tell Ken Zampese he can actually use a TE on the left side too next to the LT. It doesn't always have to be on the right side. Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
wow all doom and gloom. Its one game. Marvinis going to coach them up.

Was it over when the Germans bombed perl harbor. We all know how that ended after 4 + years.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone should tell Ken Zampese he can actually use a TE on the left side too next to the LT. It doesn't always have to be on the right side.  Ninja

I really don't want them to do this. They showed they can't scheme open WR yesterday. Don't take away another weapon. Just figure out how to scheme guys open. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:49 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I really don't want them to do this. They showed they can't scheme open WR yesterday. Don't take away another weapon. Just figure out how to scheme guys open. 

They've got to give Ogbuehi help since he has demonstrated constantly throughout his career that he can't be trusted by himself.
Unless the receivers can get separation within the first few seconds of a snap, that help has to come in the form of another inline blocker to give Dalton more time.

And outside of Green, apparently no one else can get open quick enough.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They've got to give Ogbuehi help since he has demonstrated constantly throughout his career that he can't be trusted by himself.
Unless the receivers can get separation within the first few seconds of a snap, that help has to come in the form of another inline blocker to give Dalton more time.

And outside of Green, apparently no one else can get open quick enough.

First step (IMO) is widen the splits. Spread the DL out. Make them at least have further to go. 
They kept bunching together and didn't create natural space. That's on the OC. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:58 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: First step (IMO) is widen the splits. Spread the DL out. Make them at least have further to go. 
They kept bunching together and didn't create natural space. That's on the OC. 

That's a good point, and makes you wonder what exactly was the plan for this offseason. We thought the Bengals were going to be more of a spread offense to hide the deficiencies of the OL. However, Zampese (or Marvin?) is still trying to do things under center and confined to the middle of the field.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's a good point, and makes you wonder what exactly was the plan for this offseason. We thought the Bengals were going to be more of a spread offense to hide the deficiencies of the OL. However, Zampese (or Marvin?) is still trying to do things under center and confined to the middle of the field.

For now, under center needs removed from the playbook 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:00 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ravens defensive strength: Williams and Pierce inside. 
Bengals offensive strength: AJ and Eifert stretching the field. 

Ravens defensive weakness: Secondary is suspect. 
Bengals offensive weakness: OL is very suspect. 

Hmmm

You seriously have to wonder if some of the coaches have ever footballed before. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:07 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: For now, under center needs removed from the playbook 

Yeah don't want bodine getting shoved into your lap every play.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/907268939981484034
https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/907244148369100800
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:24 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Yeah don't want bodine getting shoved into your lap every play.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/907268939981484034
https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/907244148369100800

LOL.....Bodine on his ass, and wasn't even touched.....good this unit is horrid....and chock full of Piano Man's hand picked "proteges". Mellow

Reply/Quote