Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese.....
So....outside the two INTs inside the 10 (could be...
and has been...argued you shouldn't be passing on the 2nd one...but I digress), is the lack of WR separation a coaching or execution issue?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:01 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Need more pricks on the OL. 
Guys go up, they gotta come down hard. Make them think twice. 

A good ol "accidental" cup check alleviates A LOT of that....or a forearm up under the facemask.....

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: So....outside the two INTs inside the 10 (could be...
and has been...argued you shouldn't be passing on the 2nd one...but I digress), is the lack of WR separation a coaching or execution issue?

Routes were predictable (lot of short routes) 
Eifert might not be 100% yet. 
Without a healthy Ross, we lack real vertical talent.  (outside of Green)
Yes core broke deep a few times but it isn't enough to force a defense to back up. Ross brings that fear. 

Edited so people who are just looking to pick fights and don't want to make the logical connection don't have to try too hard now.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:03 AM)Wyche Wrote:  A good ol "accidental" cup check alleviates A LOT of that....or a forearm up under the facemask.....

La'el Collins dropped JPP big time tonight when he tried to jump on him
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:04 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Routes were predictable (lot of short routes) 
Without a healthy Ross, we lack real talent. 
Yes core broke deep a few times but it isn't enough to force a defense to back up. Ross brings that fear. 

Especially when you miss the throw badly when he does. No need to be fearful when the QB isn't accurate down the field.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:04 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Routes were predictable (lot of short routes) 
Without a healthy Ross, we lack real talent. 

For real?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Especially when you miss the throw badly when he does. No need to be fearful when the QB isn't accurate down the field.

That plays a role too. But they also don't care because Core isn't good so the fear is never there like it would be with Ross. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:07 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That plays a role too. But they also don't care because Core isn't good so the fear is never there like it would be with Ross. 

Feel like Ross will be viewed the same as Core by other teams until he proves he can actually take the top off and make plays. 

Of course...the downside remains, if the O-line can't block and Dalton isn't accurate down the field, Ross becomes pretty useless to us.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Feel like Ross will be viewed the same as Core by other teams until he proves he can actually take the top off and make plays. 

Of course...the downside remains, if the O-line can't block and Dalton isn't accurate down the field, Ross becomes pretty useless to us.

Ross' game is wildly different though. He's dangerous whenever he touches the ball. Core isn't. So even on a short route, teams will keep players back on Ross. Not so much on Core. 
Ross can separate on short plays and take it far. That isn't Core's game. 
Reply/Quote

Edited so people who are just looking to pick fights and don't want to make the logical connection don't have to try too hard now.

Thank you for that edit for AJ, cause I was just about..

But imo Ross will be more of yac threat from 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage, than a deep ball threat. Now if we had Aaron Rodgers back there or quite a few other qbs, then he might stoke a fear into the defenses on going deep.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:23 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This is what I was scared of going into the season....but didn't want to admit it.  I couldn't stand him as a shitty QB coach, no idea why I thought he may actually turn it around.  No separation by the wideouts....defense often looked like they were in our huddle.

Chalk it up to a classic lazy hiring in the front office

'Hey we need a new OC"

"Can't you see we're in the middle of a game of Cribbage? Just hire someone already here for gods sake you know the drill"
Reply/Quote

Agree wholeheartedly....and agree that Dalton missing him didn't help.  I also agree with what you say later about the differences between Ross and Core in their overall games 

That said....I saw a lot of missed deep balls all over the league today, drops too.  The deep ball is a low percentage play....when you only run two.....I saw the 2015 Bengals going deep...getting separation...and defenses resepcting that.  Now I wonder....(hopefully this post wasn't too simplistic)....what could be different? Hmmmm

Reply/Quote
I'm with WW on this one...Zamp was the worst thing out there today.

Looked like a whole bunch of Brat routes out there. All stops, outs, hooks, route tree outdated my daddy ran this offense garbage stuff. None of the Gruden/Hue drags, crosses, slants, seam, posts.... clearing out defenders making your spaces stuff that had been working for us under Gruden and Hue.
Calling plays like we have a boss oline and a 6'6" rocket arm QB that whizzes the ball into tight covered spaces. It's not how we're built. We have a cerebral throw on time qb.

We had nobody open the whole game. We weren't keeping in any extra blockers and STIIIILLLL had nobody open most of the game. Shit don't make sense.

Tell me something you liked about his game today?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When your O-line sucks...and they are getting pressure off the edge like there is nothing to it, and your QB has a case of jelly arm going on, you don't keep throwing it. Spread out the D and run draws and counters. Hell, you have 3 backs...use them.

Well.. they got in a hole and ASSUMED they could pass the damn ball....Clearly......It's gone BADLY.. like Dumpster fire and maybe don't have the dumpster in the LIVING ROOM would be  step, but, that's just PART of it.

You look at that and say.. how did it catch fire? Why? Who thought that was where to have a dumpster? What was the master plan?  Aside from a couple runs by Gio.....not much worked.     Can Ced O play LT? Right now? Not really, so, we need to KNOW just why not. We need to FIX that or find another idea. Can Fisher do LT? Maybe. 
Is Zampese a good OC? Is the LINE coached up? Has Marvin dropped the ball?   This game was SO dismal .......shutout at HOME.....that it's hard to single out just WHAT was the worst part. We really sucked on D too.  Geno was fine but the secondary.. stopped nobody.  Seemed the LB's were 10 yd from the line...WTF?

Reply/Quote
Zamp showed last year how bad he was. Not the least surprised
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When your O-line sucks...and they are getting pressure off the edge like there is nothing to it, and your QB has a case of jelly arm going on, you don't keep throwing it. Spread out the D and run draws and counters. Hell, you have 3 backs...use them.

This makes way too much sense. Therefore, it won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Zamp showed last year how bad he was. Not the least surprised
I kind of thought going into his second year, he would be much better. I was wrong!
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Bratkowski over this joke of an OC
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:01 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Need more pricks on the OL. 
Guys go up, they gotta come down hard. Make them think twice. 

May need richie incognito to play or coach our o line :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gio was our best runner today. Of all the things to complain about playing Gio is not one of them.

But yeah, we should have ran it more, but Marvin was most likely afraid that JN would bytch about him playing not to lose. 

Whoops re-read and try again.
Reply/Quote