Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese.....
(09-12-2017, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......like faster than that cat that used to do those Micro Machines commercials back in the 80s....lol.

Lmao, Heyyyy I remember that dude. Damn thanks.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:52 AM)ah5 Wrote: Hes not the issue, he is one of the issues.  I agree Dalton is not terrible.  But lets face it he is not good either.

Good enough to be considered for MVP...Good enough to start stealing all Bengals passing records.

The issue is the offensive line. I can't even throw everything at Zampese...I mean I hate his play designs I hate his play calling and I hate his subsitutions, but seriously what can you expect when the line cant give Dalton 2 seconds to throw the football.

PS Everytime I heard Collinsworth call the bengals Oline a "Finesse" Offensive Line I threw up a lil...(and since It was budweiser that's alcohol abuse.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:49 AM)Synric Wrote: What about his record setting year under Gruden? Dalton is definitely not the issue...

He definitely wasn't the issue then, but now? I'm not so sure... I mean, he looks bad. He looks really, really bad. Maybe he got David Carr'd behind this offensive line? Maybe he has a brutal case of the yips? Who knows... But he doesn't seem like the same QB from a few years ago. 

For the record, I'm not done with Andy yet. I'd much rather Marv and Zampese go before him.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Good enough to be considered for MVP...Good enough to start stealing all Bengals passing records.

The issue is the offensive line. I can't even throw everything at Zampese...I mean I hate his play designs I hate his play calling and I hate his subsitutions, but seriously what can you expect when the line cant give Dalton 2 seconds to throw the football.

Let me know when he does something...  records are a joke, especially passing records.  This game is not the same as it was even in the early 2000's
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: He definitely wasn't the issue then, but now? I'm not so sure... I mean, he looks bad. He looks really, really bad. Maybe he got David Carr'd behind this offensive line? Maybe he has a brutal case of the yips? Who knows... But he doesn't seem like the same QB from a few years ago. 

For the record, I'm not done with Andy yet. I'd much rather Marv and Zampese go before him.

Im going to ***** about Dalton but you are right... Zampese is not helping him, in fact the majority of the blame going to Dalton should go on this pos.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:52 AM)ah5 Wrote: Hes not the issue, he is one of the issues.  I agree Dalton is not terrible.  But lets face it he is not good either.

Edit:  Thats a little harsh actually, hes good but below average.

I'd say slightly above average.....it's our line and staff that's woefully below average.  In fact....they suck....FO too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:41 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't know what people want him to do with the offensive line that is so bad I am not sure anybody would be successful.

Be a man and resign would be a start.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for posting this again... but I really think people pointing their finger at dalton need to just understand how important a line is.

A lack of offensive production isn't an inherent problem. The problem is the nature of how offenses have bogged down. It is one thing for a stout defense to thwart passable offensive execution. It is another when defensive lines are shoving offensive linemen five yards into the backfield and ruining any semblance of offensive play design. It makes games painful to watch - it stops looking like football and starts looking like survival. In too many games, possessions unfolded as spasms of panic capped with a punt.

"The overall product itself is not of the quality I'm used to seeing, that I grew up watching," Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin said in an interview on SiriusXM. "As far as a solution, I have no idea. I'm interested to see what happens, because I do believe a quality drop-off has happened."

The marquee games Sunday were Packers-Seahawks and Cowboys-Giants. In both, an inept offensive line prevented any attempt to commit football. Russell Wilson ran for his life behind Seattle's overwhelmed blockers, and Eli Manning chucked desperate, short passes behind a blue-and-gray sieve.

Atrocious offensive line play, in many ways, harms the viewing experience more than terrible quarterback play. A cruddy quarterback behind an adequate line will make bad decisions and poor throws and fail to score points, but those mistakes occur within the flow of an otherwise pleasant game. An adequate quarterback behind a horrible line doesn't even have the chance to initiate what fans would recognize as football. He's just engulfed by chaos.

The Seahawks were not alone. According to Pro Football Focus, 10 teams received a positive grade on passing blocking and 11 were above zero in run blocking. In game after game, an offensive line gave its offense no chance.
Reply/Quote
Here's the bottom line....know your guys' limitations...scheme to mask them....not expose them.

Reply/Quote
Oh Yea F*&K Zamp.

Here's the problem. I wanted AJ McCarron in there at halftime too but he's not the answer behind this line. Dalton has sucked ass, but this line has him screwed up. When he has time he dosent in his mind and he's freakin. He's not going threw his reads, he drops back, looks at the line then stares down the receiver. Another thing he's doing is trying Not to throw an int instead of making a completion.

Ask yourself, Will McCarron play better behind this line? prob. not.

Would this Offense have a freaking TD at least if Hue was here? I think we would be 2-0 He would mask the line woes with play calling and scheming. This Offense is 50% Zamp 45% Oline 5% Dalton at this point. Our RB's even suck. So yea Dalton has sucked but its the result of other parks of this shit machine not performing at a NFL level.
Reply/Quote
Dalton sucks at throwing the football. Period
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:11 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton sucks at throwing the football. Period

LOL, so would every other QB with this OL. OL coach. OC. HC. Owner

No urgency, no accountability from top down.

How did Rodgers look last year against the falcons with their offensive line?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: Here's the bottom line....know your guys' limitations...scheme to mask them....not expose them.

Zampese has very little knowledge of anything it seems, most notably the players' limitations and/or strengths.  Just some short dude with a headset guessing.  It's embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:14 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: LOL,  so would every other QB with this OL. OL coach.  OC. HC.  Owner

No urgency, no accountability from top down.

How did Rodgers look last year against the falcons with their offensive line?

QB included.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:17 AM)JumboTron Wrote: QB included.

Like I said, even the best of this generation plays like shit win a bad OL (Rodgers was sacked 8 times last year by the cardinals and Blown out, Brady/cheifs 3 years ago...). I think we can all agree andy is not the best of this generations. If you protect the qb, better things will happen. But yes Andy didn't play urgent, but this whole season falls on the bengals org. Failing to keep whit/zeit is when this all started.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Like I said, even the best of this generation plays like shit win a bad OL (Rodgers was sacked 8 times last year by the cardinals and Blown out, Brady/cheifs 3 years ago...).  I think we can all agree andy is not the best of this generations. If you protect the qb, better things will happen.  But yes Andy didn't play urgent,  but this whole season falls on the bengals org.  Failing to keep whit/zeit is when this all started.

.....and promoting Zampese.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:27 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....and promoting Zampese.

That was 2 years ago right? Right when dalton had this offense at a top 5 offense and In MVP consideration to below .500
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: That was 2 years ago right? Right when dalton had this offense at a top 5 offense and In MVP consideration to below .500

My point exactly. Zampese hasn't a clue. People blaming players have short memories. Remember what Hue Jackson had this offense doing....hell Jay Gruden for that matter....

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:32 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: My point exactly. Zampese hasn't a clue. People blaming players have short memories. Remember what Hue Jackson had this offense doing....hell Jay Gruden for that matter....

And if the qb is too busy worrying about the DL he will never get into the"Rhythkm".

Bengals have 10 days, fire Alexander, go sign Brandon Albert, go sign nick mangold and figure this out. At least try to put forth your best foot.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: He definitely wasn't the issue then, but now? I'm not so sure... I mean, he looks bad. He looks really, really bad. Maybe he got David Carr'd behind this offensive line? Maybe he has a brutal case of the yips? Who knows... But he doesn't seem like the same QB from a few years ago. 

Definitely crossed my mind that Dalton has been ruined. That wobbler he threw on the run was a laser the last couple years. He's reverted back to poor pocket awareness and not setting his feet. Problems he had very early in his career (first couple years).

He's taking a beating though. Carson looked rough after the shellacking he took in 2008 and that was only 4 games + preseason. This may come as a shock to some, but o line play is important to QBs. Not only are there no holes for the run game (our trio combined for 20-63-0 tonight), plays have zero time to develop. Dalton can't find any rhythm because he's having to improvise too often. How many times did he have to scramble away from pressure and make an unscripted play tonight?

It's just not a formula for offensive (or QB) success. No run game, long 3rd downs, steady pressure leasing to broken/unscripted plays, etc. The offense is a mess and the main culprit is the line. The secondary culprit is Zampese for not doing more to mask it. Dalton shares some blame, but it's miniscule compared to these other factors.

(09-15-2017, 02:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Oh Yea F*&K Zamp.

Here's the problem. I wanted AJ McCarron in there at halftime too but he's not the answer behind this line. Dalton has sucked ass, but this line has him screwed up. When he has time he dosent in his mind and he's freakin. He's not going threw his reads, he drops back, looks at the line then stares down the receiver. Another thing he's doing is trying Not to throw an int instead of making a completion.

Ask yourself, Will McCarron play better behind this line? prob. not.

Would this Offense have a freaking TD at least if Hue was here? I think we would be 2-0 He would mask the line woes with play calling and scheming. This Offense is 50% Zamp  45% Oline 5% Dalton at this point. Our RB's even suck. So yea Dalton has sucked but its the result of other parks of this shit machine not performing at a NFL level.

This is about where I'm at. Go ahead and throw Mac out there, so that talk can be smacked down with a vengeance. Honestly though, if I'm Mac, I want to stay on the bench and keep my stock up. Why be a part of this mess?

(09-15-2017, 02:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: That was 2 years ago right? Right when dalton had this offense at a top 5 offense and In MVP consideration to below .500

Since the 8-0 start, the Bengals have 10 wins in 27 games. 

I don't even want to know what the red zone numbers are over the last 18.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote