Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese is the OC
Hopefully what this really means in that Dalton is ready to take a Manning like presence over the offense.

With Zampese as OC, they can work together with Dalton basically in command. I think it could be a good tandem if we approach it this way. It's time for Dalton to call all the shots.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Seems like a booth coach.

I don't care where he does it as long as he comes up with good game plans and makes good and timely adjustments
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hopefully what this really means in that Dalton is ready to take a Manning like presence over the offense.

With Zampese as OC, they can work together with Dalton basically in command. I think it could be a good tandem if we approach it this way. It's time for Dalton to call all the shots.

He's capable. Has always had it mentally.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:11 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Thanks Rob for the scoop. I think Zampese  is our best option at this point. Go Bengals. So looking forward to that first AFC north battle with the Squeelers next year!

I agree & I'm hoping "the Squeelers" squeel alot! 
I'm guessing some Steeler player w/ a "B" in their name goes down squeeling alot.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hopefully what this really means in that Dalton is ready to take a Manning like presence over the offense.

Good observation.  I'm hoping for this also.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't love it, don't hate it. It does feel like settling though. If Zampese were a good candidate, why wasn't he hired instead of Jay or Hue?

At least it's not Paul Alexander or Bratkowski.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I get it, not impressed but I get it.
Continuity.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Zampese.... 13 years as QB coach it was time for promotion and dalton did improve under him every year... *2014 depending on what stat you look at but we all know the real reasons for stuggles there.

Now who will be the next QB coach....
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't love it, don't hate it. It does feel like settling though. If Zampese were a good candidate, why wasn't he hired instead of Jay or Hue?

At least it's not Paul Alexander or Bratkowski.

Readiness is my only guess. 

At 20+ years in the NFL at the same role, I think the ship has sailed on Paul Alexander ever doing more than what he is. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Readiness is my only guess. 

At 20+ years in the NFL at the same role, I think the ship has sailed on Paul Alexander ever doing more than what he is. 

He might get a courtesy "interview" for HC if Marvin ever leaves. Jim Anderson was interviewed back in 03 for the HC gig, and that was close to his 20th anniversary here.

As for Zampese, meh. Continuity. That's all.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He might get a courtesy "interview" for HC if Marvin ever leaves. Jim Anderson was interviewed back in 03 for the HC gig, and that was close to his 20th anniversary here.

As for Zampese, meh. Continuity. That's all.

Yeah. PA seems like the type who knows what he is and what he's good at. 
Reply/Quote
ugh, terrible off season thus far and we are only a week in.......whats next??
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Meh.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Good "hiring."

Zampese continues our tradition of elevating good coaches, and of making sure we have at least one coordinator at all times who has a hard to spell name.

And for those who wanted someone flashier, remember, Zampese has been here to see what works and what doesn't. He knows the players, he knows their strengths. He (most likely) isn't going to come in and put everyone on a fad diet or chuck our playbook out the window or go with a new offense type.

ThumbsUp

All good points. Appreciate the optimism here, and looking forward to seeing it play out this way. This might be a way for all involved to take an ownership in the outcome like we've yet to see.

(01-15-2016, 03:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe they should think outside of the box and hire House's assistant as QB Coach. The one who came and visited Dalton during the bye week.

Touch-up of mechanics is definitely helpful, but only a part of being a competent QB coach. Not saying this guy doesn't have the expertise of being one; just an unknown to be addressed.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Dalton just came off the best season of his career. We need continuity. People will be disappointed it isnt a big name, but if we invited someone with a different philosophy that would only set Dalton's progress back. We need progression not regression. I just hope he isn't afraid to run it a bit more than Hue did.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Coached Palmer, Kitna, Fitz, Dalton and McCarron here. I'd say all worked out well for what their purpose here was.

Also believe he was with the Rams in the greatest show on turf days if I'm not mistaken.

What worries me a little is it's taken him this long to get a shot, here or elsewhere, wondering if there isn't a reason behind that 

Well, he probably wasn't ready when the team hired Gruden and there was no way he was going to jump over Hue.

I LOVE the hire.  The continuity should keep this offense on pace.  Hopefully he'll get rid of some of the cute formations and plays that Hue used to call at inopportune times.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:53 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Dalton just came off the best season of his career. We need continuity. People will be disappointed it isnt a big name, but if we invited someone with a different philosophy that would only set Dalton's progress back. We need progression not regression. I just hope he isn't afraid to run it a bit more than Hue did.

It's not just Dalton.  Everybody would have to learn a new system.  That sets the entire offense back at least a half year.

Continuity > Big name.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:53 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Dalton just came off the best season of his career. We need continuity. People will be disappointed it isnt a big name, but if we invited someone with a different philosophy that would only set Dalton's progress back. We need progression not regression. I just hope he isn't afraid to run it a bit more than Hue did.

Running the ball on first down during the entire first half and most of the second half killed our offense and put McCarron in a hole.

Pittsburgh run defense one of the best in the league. Pass D one of the worst.

New England does not insist on running when it is not working.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea about him as a coach, I have never spoken to him or had the luxury to watch him conduct practices. I hope our fans give him the benefit of the doubt, I saw Hue and jay get bashed and both are very good football minds. I know we all think we have all of the answers and it is easy to be a Monday Morning QB. I hope he pushes our offense over the top in 2016 and beyond.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I hate this team so, so much.

What are the chances every single coach hired that has ties to this team is also the best hire? Is is just coincidence that out of ALL the potential DB coaches Kevin Coyle is the very best, and Paul Gunther is the very best, and Ken Zampese is the very best, etc. The list goes on and on and on.

And that's not to say any of these guys individually aren't great hires. But when it just so happens that almost every single hire has ties to this team it leads to me believe that in no way, shape or form is this team doing their due diligence.

Look at the Hue Jackson rumors, regarding Marvin stepping down. (assuming they're true, which I tend to believe) After 13 years of one man in charge, and an opportunity to create something better, that will improve and/or build on what's in place, it just so happens that the man needed to do that is already in house? Look at the rumors now that Hue's gone and Gunther being a possible successor.

Need a DE, pursue Michael Johnson at your only primary free agent target. Just so happen to need a backup QB, grab the starter's brother. Need DT depth? Go back to the Pat Simms well. Keep resigning guys like Brandon Tate over and over, because it's a professional relationship based on familiarity.

It's a lazy, stubborn approach based more on loyalty and familiarity than actual (potential) results. There is simply no way that this team does their due diligence when hiring coaches. There is no possible way that, after exploring any and all options, it just so happens that the guy is always already here, has been here, or is connected to someone here. No ***** way.

And **** Ken Zampese anyways. This hire sucks nuts. Guy was a QB coach for 12 ***** years and was never given a whiff at OC elsewhere. Huge downgrade from Hue.
Reply/Quote