Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese is the OC
(01-15-2016, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate this team so, so much.

What are the chances every single coach hired that has ties to this team is also the best hire?  Is is just coincidence that out of ALL the potential DB coaches Kevin Coyle is the very best, and Paul Gunther is the very best, and Ken Zampese is the very best, etc.  The list goes on and on and on.  

And that's not to say any of these guys individually aren't great hires.  But when it just so happens that almost every single hire has ties to this team it leads to me believe that in no way, shape or form is this team doing their due diligence.

Look at the Hue Jackson rumors, regarding Marvin stepping down. (assuming they're true, which I tend to believe)  After 13 years of one man in charge, and an opportunity to create something better, that will improve and/or build on what's in place, it just so happens that the man needed to do that is already in house?  Look at the rumors now that Hue's gone and Gunther being a possible successor.

Need a DE, pursue Michael Johnson at your only primary free agent target.  Just so happen to need a backup QB, grab the starter's brother.  Need DT depth?  Go back to the Pat Simms well. Keep resigning guys like Brandon Tate over and over, because it's a professional relationship based on familiarity.

It's a lazy, stubborn approach based more on loyalty and familiarity than actual (potential) results.  There is simply no way that this team does their due diligence when hiring coaches.  There is no possible way that, after exploring any and all options, it just so happens that the guy is always already here, has been here, or is connected to someone here.  No ***** way.

And **** Ken Zampese anyways.  This hire sucks nuts.  Guy was a QB coach for 12 ***** years and was never given a whiff at OC elsewhere.  Huge downgrade from Hue.

The older I get, the wiser Wes Mantooth gets ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Might as well be talking to my dog or the floor where he lays.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You read everywhere how Tom House really helped Andy in the offseason with his mechanics, etc. I never hear how great of a job Zampese is doing. This is another classic example of laziness in the front office.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:26 AM)GodFather Wrote: You read everywhere how Tom House really helped Andy in the offseason with his mechanics, etc. I never hear how great of a job Zampese is doing. This is another classic example of laziness in the front office.

Maybe a QB coach is like a long-snapper...if you know his name, it's too late.  Maybe?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So.

Who's going to be the QB coach next?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So.

Keith Wenning.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So.

Jon Kitna  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Just finally read the transcript from Zamp's introduction as OC. I really liked a couple of things he said. He seems wise and hard working. I like how he didn't go into not getting the job when Gruden or Hue did, just said opportunities come when they come. Also seems to have a sense of loyalty to the organization and says they "will get his best." Nothing big here but I also liked how he mentioned and thanked his family. He seems to be able to sort and compartmentalize which is going to be important.

SO I get the lazy/good ole boy argument and you guys made some good points. But, I'm riding with Zamp and think he'll be another good one.
Reply/Quote
The real question will be whether he will have the skills to make gametime adjustments and outsmart the opponents game plan, or whether he'll stick to his original gameplan and watch this team lose because it was out smarted.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:26 AM)GodFather Wrote: You read everywhere how Tom House really helped Andy in the offseason with his mechanics, etc. I never hear how great of a job Zampese is doing. This is another classic example of laziness in the front office.

Although I am trying to be optimistic about Zampese, I keep going back to this.
Reply/Quote

Coaches have very limited time to work with players. Thanks to the union.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:08 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Although I am trying to be optimistic about Zampese, I keep going back to this.

Well Andy had a down year in 2014 afte working with House also... I think House helped, nothing wrong with that.. but really if you look at Dalton's body of work , he has improved each year outside of 2014 (maybe the injuries really hurt us in 2014) with Zampeze as a QB coach.

I like how strong Dalton and Whitworth, two players I respect alot on this team,, came out very strong in support of Zampeze and keeping the system we have in place.   

Those statements by Dalton and Whitworth hit home alot more than  irrational , overreaction amateur post i see on this thread.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Andy had a down year in 2014 afte working with House also... I think House helped, nothing wrong with that.. but really if you look at Dalton's body of work , he has improved each year outside of 2014 (maybe the injuries really hurt us in 2014) with Zampeze as a QB coach.

I like how strong Dalton and Whitworth, two players I respect alot on this team,, came out very strong in support of Zampeze and keeping the system we have in place.   

Those statements by Dalton and Whitworth hit home alot more than  irrational , overreaction amateur post i see on this thread.

All good points.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Andy had a down year in 2014 afte working with House also... I think House helped, nothing wrong with that.. but really if you look at Dalton's body of work , he has improved each year outside of 2014 (maybe the injuries really hurt us in 2014) with Zampeze as a QB coach.

When it comes down to it, good coaches provide the framework for a player to improve collaboratively.   Tom House as much as Ken Zampese, the real reason Andy Dalton makes strides forward is Andy Dalton.  

Tom House has a baseball background.  The only things he can help a quarterback with are specific fine motor throwing techniques.  Those techniques have helped Dalton, but it's more on Andy taking it upon himself to put in the work he does away from the practice field that makes the difference.  

Zampese has football in his blood, his family.  I have no reservations in his capability of running the offense.  Play calling will be the big question, but isn't it always?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What you deem negativity others consider reality.  The least you can is allow others to have their own opinions.  There is no right way to be a fan.  And there is certainly isnt only two basic approaches to evaluating success either.

If you think this year was a success, good for you.  If you're perfectly happy with recent results, good for you.  If youre confident heading into next year, good for.  I dont, and I'm not.  

There's nothing inheritly negative about someone's personlity or thought process simply because they hold a negative opinion about a particular topic.  

This post would make some sense if you actually had in basis in reality.  But they dont'.. you squeal about how the Bengals never look outside the team for hiring when we have hired gruden and Zimmer within the last 5 years. 

You squael and cry when we went outside the box and hired Gruden and nowe you squael and cry becaue we hired a promoted a guy from within the organization.

Basically you have no set rules or anything the is consistent.  instead you just squeal and cry about whatever the bengals do.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The older I get, the wiser Wes Mantooth gets ThumbsUp

Sorry to hear about your alzheimers.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: In my mind there was no development. Same finish as the last 5 years. 

Anyone who looks at the 2015 Bengal team and does not think it was better than the '11 team really knows nothing about football.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 08:35 AM)magikod Wrote: Jon Kitna  Hilarious

He would actually probably be very good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What you deem negativity others consider reality.  The least you can is allow others to have their own opinions. 

So we are allowed to have our own opinions as long as they agree with yours?

Thank you so much Wes, you are such a great person.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This post would make some sense if you actually had in basis in reality.  But they dont'.. you squeal about how the Bengals never look outside the team for hiring when we have hired gruden and Zimmer within the last 5 years. 

You squael and cry when we went outside the box and hired Gruden and nowe you squael and cry becaue we hired a promoted a guy from within the organization.

Basically you have no set rules or anything the is consistent.  instead you just squeal and cry about whatever the bengals do.  
I never said they never go outside the organization.  Not once.  Go ahead, show me where i said that.  I'll wait...

Ok, now that we've established that you're a liar we can get back to the topic.

My point was that they stay in house, or bring someone back, far more than anyone else.  Way too much for it to be coicidence.  I'd be willing to bet tbat if you polled this board on who would replace Hue 80% or more woud have guessed correctly.  Why is that, because is clearly better than anyone else?  No, because he's already here.

But go ahead and pretend I'm not right.  And keep pretending like keeping this approach is working.  You look more ridiculous each and every year.  How many times do you need to be proven wrong.
Reply/Quote