Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kendric Pryor is a G
Just a great game and did it all:

- Comebacks
- Double moves
- Slants
Didn't see his blocking, but man, definitely the best player on offense and despite Lassiter being the more well-rounded of the 2, if Pryor has 2 more games like this one, I may keep 7 WRs and he's #7.

Super stuff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He certainly put on a show. I’m trying to remain cautious about falling for any preseason WR hype though. I learned my lesson with Auden Tate.

Reply/Quote
Feeling much better about WR depth now for sure

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Kendrick Pryor is not a G

He’s a WR
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:03 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Kendrick Pryor is not a G

He’s a WR

He's Kenny G, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If we are to believe training camp and 1 game into the pre-season, a receiver group of Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Taylor, Pryor and 1 more seems likely.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we are to believe training camp and 1 game into the pre-season, a receiver group of Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Taylor, Pryor and 1 more seems likely.

Morgan and Thomas are going to make the team through ST contributions alone.

Reply/Quote
Thomas didn’t play at all today. He didn’t even dress like the rest of the starters and prime back ups. With Tee not practicing, he had been “starting” in his place with the 1st team. He’s a lock for WR4.

And someone will have to displace Morgan as the special teams leader for him not to make the team. Based on this game, no one did yet.

Pryor played well but he is still fighting for a job along with Taylor, Irwin, Lassiter. It would help his cause if he could return kicks or punts like the other 3

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:25 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just a great game and did it all:

- Comebacks
- Double moves
- Slants
Didn't see his blocking, but man, definitely the best player on offense and despite Lassiter being the more well-rounded of the 2, if Pryor has 2 more games like this one, I may keep 7 WRs and he's #7.

Super stuff.

Thoroughly impressed how he attacked (errant ducks) balls in the air.  He's fast, just a little short for outside, but proved he can do it.  If he can play special teams, I think he has a real shot to bump the incredibly average Mike Thomas.  
Reply/Quote
Doubt he pushes Taylor or Morgan, but I’d rather see him than Thomas out there. Want to see more,
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:10 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Doubt he pushes Taylor or Morgan, but I’d rather see him than Thomas out there. Want to see more,

Mike Thomas is Tee Higgin's back up.  Taylor is Boyd's.  Morgan is Chase's.  Pryor on the depth chart is behind Morgan in backing up Chase

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He certainly put on a show. I’m trying to remain cautious about falling for any preseason WR hype though. I learned my lesson with Auden Tate.

and Willis. Remember that flash in the pan? 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:07 AM)kalibengal Wrote: and Willis. Remember that flash in the pan? 

Willis didn't look as good.

I didn't intend this thread as a, "he's making the team," thread btw (again, I said if I'd keep 7, he'd be #7), just wanted to highlight his excellent play last night ThumbsUp

Just in case anyone thinks I'm crowning him after the 1st PS game Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah it is always nice to know that whomever ends up on the PS can contribute if we need to call them up (though one hopes you never need to do so).

Reply/Quote
Pryor showed what I was expecting to see from Lassiter II from all the ota/camp hype.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:25 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just a great game and did it all:

- Comebacks
- Double moves
- Slants

Super stuff.

I wasn't particularly impressed by Pryor.  He really struggled to generate separation early and only really came alive against 4th/5th stringers.  Looks like a guy that might hang on the PS for a year or two.  I think every other WR not named Trent Taylor being so bad made Pryor's effort seem more impressive than it actually was.
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t he play wideout?
Reply/Quote
He looked solid but I don't know if I'd keep 7 of our guys at WR. It's going to be hard to justify keeping less than we normally do at DL and DB for instance. It could be.him vs Taylor for the last spot.
Reply/Quote
With a very crowded,competitive,WR group,it’s going to be very difficult for Pryor to make the Roster,but he is a skilled WR,and has speed as well.I’d like to see him make it,as I have a tendency to go for the underdog anyway.For that matter I’d love to see Drew Plitt overcome all odds and make the team.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote