Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Zeitler to sign with Browns...
Quote:Former Bengals G Kevin Zeitler expects to sign with Cleveland, per sources. Big day for Browns O line. Highest paid guard in NFL history.

- @AdamSchefter

https://t.co/WxntFV9UaC
They have given him the most money...

Oh god...

Discuss.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
LOL there goes his career. I guess best of luck. I see what Cleveland is trying to do and that's smart, but they like the other poor teams try to win through free agency every year and end up either overpaying guys or overvaluing guys. We'll see what happens I guess in the upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
Highest paid guard in NFL history.

Hurts losing him to a division rival. The Browns are getting a lot better sans a QB.
Reply/Quote
Wow, the ugliest girl at the dance paid him off. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Cleveland actually looks to be building in the right direction. They've got 2 first round picks this year, and Myles Garrett is about as sure a thing as you can get in the draft. They just need a QB.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson helped on this one.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Discuss.

Im glad he got paid and that's a good o-line to play on.  Im interested to hear how much money he got, because last i heard saints were at 12 million a year so they must have come in with a higher offer.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We knew this was coming. Players are choosing teams like Browns/Rams over Bengals. Marvin returning sent wrong message. Where will Dre land is the next question? This 6 win team is now looking like a 3 win team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well on the bright side that is two extra 3rd round picks next year. One for Whit and one for Zeitler
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: We knew this was coming. Players are choosing teams like Browns/Rams over Bengals. Marvin returning sent wrong message.

These are bad organizations but are willing to spend money.

It basically says...in the NFL...money talks.  Loyalty is overrated or non-existent.

Risking my life for a paycheck?  I can't blame them.
Reply/Quote
Bengals will finish fourth in AFC North in 2017
Reply/Quote
Are we sure we didn't just go back 10 years in time and misspell "Eric Steinbach"?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wow thats a great contract for him. Browns have so many picks this year and are scooping up so much FA talent. If they can't turn it around now they need to shutter the doors.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Quote:Cleveland plans to give Kevin Zeitler a five-year, $60 million deal that includes $31.5 million guaranteed, per source.

I'm guessing Saints balked in the end..

Reply/Quote
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter · 5m5 minutes ago
Cleveland plans to give Kevin Zeitler a five-year, $60 million deal that includes $31.5 million guaranteed, per source.

I hate to read the free agency winners and losers. So far Bengals are being mocked on Twitter by all the big time talking heads for a disastrous day. I guess I won't be watching Total Access tonight.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:46 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: These are bad organizations but are willing to spend money.

It basically says...in the NFL...money talks.  Loyalty is overrated or non-existent.

Risking my life for a paycheck?  I can't blame them.

It is a business. I can't blame them for taking the money. 

These stories will have sad endings like TJ Houshmanzedah. Grass isn't always greener. 
Reply/Quote
This sorta reminds me of Steinbach.
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson must have wanted him. Last year was only Hue's first year there. I can see Hue turning the Browns around, I really can. People on here laughing at Rams and Browns, may I remind you it's the Bengals that have gone the longest without a play-off win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well on the bright side that is two extra 3rd round picks next year. One for Whit and one for Zeitler

I thought the same but was corrected in another post. We won't get more than a 5th for Whitworth due to his years of service.

We will get a 3rd for Zeitler hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Hue Jackson must have wanted him. Last year was only Hue's first year there. I can see Hue turning the Browns around, I really can. People on here laughing at Rams and Browns, may I remind you it's the Bengals that have gone the longest without a play-off win.

Thing is..

We're about to be at the level of those teams if we don't get any replacements..

Reply/Quote