Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Zeitler to sign with Browns...
How much of a cap hit is that by year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow! How did they do that?  They only have over $100 million in cap space which is barely $30 million in Bengals' dollars.

Suckers!  They'll never be able to budget for injuries if they spend their cap space on players! Muhahaha!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It is a business. I can't blame them for taking the money. 

These stories will have sad endings like TJ Houshmanzedah. Grass isn't always greener. 

That's the worse-case scenario and he's going to deposit a cool $35M in his bank account...probably the right move.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Cleveland actually looks to be building in the right direction. They've got 2 first round picks this year, and Myles Garrett is about as sure a thing as you can get in the draft.  They just need a QB.

Yeah...they've got some talent with Coleman, Haden, Thomas, etc.

They always seem to find a way to mess it up though.
Reply/Quote
They also extended Bitonio. Plus, they're signing J.C. Tretter from Green Bay to be their new center.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When AJ Green leave us xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton just went full game of thrones

[Image: tumblr_inline_o9et7mysuk1u24h73_500.gif?w=454&h=256]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: Andy Dalton just went full game of thrones

[Image: tumblr_inline_o9et7mysuk1u24h73_500.gif?w=454&h=256]

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ninja
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:50 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I thought the same but was corrected in another post. We won't get more than a 5th for Whitworth due to his years of service.

We will get a 3rd for Zeitler hopefully.

? Please inform me.

Its all about the money. Other things come in to play like post season honors and playing time. I have never heard anything about years of service
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: ? Please inform me.

Its all about the money. Other things come in to play like post season honors and playing time. I have never heard anything about years of service

yeah good luck with that buddy.

Reply/Quote
Look at it this way we may actually get 2 3rd round comps next year...ROFL
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: ? Please inform me.

Players with 10+ years of service can only net a 5th (or lower) comp pick, no matter how big of a deal. It's in the new CBA.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Lol they are reporting the Bengals never made a single offer to Zeitler. Forum Meltdown incoming

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lol they are reporting the Bengals never made a single offer to Zeitler. Forum Meltdown incoming

what.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Cleveland actually looks to be building in the right direction. They've got 2 first round picks this year, and Myles Garrett is about as sure a thing as you can get in the draft.  They just need a QB.

Man, that sounds like 2015.
And 2014. And 2013. And 2012. And 2011...

LOL

If Zeitler goes there, best of luck. He's a good guard, but he's not irreplaceable. And he's also not a consistent quality quarterback, which is something that franchise has never really had.
Reply/Quote
Browns improve their line while making the Bengals line even worse. Two for one.
Reply/Quote
I understand that both of these contracts way overpaid for the services of the players.

...But it still sucks seeing the players that our franchise spent time and effort (and draft picks) cultivating their talent and then it just go to another team.

Zeitler is 27. He has at least 5 more elite level years in him. And we just handed those years to our in-state rival because the price was 2 or 3 million per year too high?

I don't understand what the Bengals are doing.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Players with 10+ years of service can only net a 5th (or lower) comp pick, no matter how big of a deal. It's in the new CBA.

weak
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lol they are reporting the Bengals never made a single offer to Zeitler.  Forum Meltdown incoming

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/09/09/cincinnati-bengals-kevin-zeitler-no-contract-extension/90134116/

Quote:The Enquirer has learned from multiple league sources that the Cincinnati Bengals and fifth-year right guard Kevin Zeitler were unable to come to terms on a contract extension before the club’s self-imposed deadline of Week 1 of the regular season

They tried for a year.
Reply/Quote
Browns could be in for a quick turnaround if they can nail the draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote