Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Zeitler to sign with Browns...
(03-09-2017, 05:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Man, that sounds like 2015.
And 2014. And 2013. And 2012. And 2011...

LOL

If Zeitler goes there, best of luck. He's a good guard, but he's not irreplaceable. And he's also not a consistent quality quarterback, which is something that franchise has never really had.

Dropping knowledge!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I understand that both of these contracts way overpaid for the services of the players.

...But it still sucks seeing the players that our franchise spent time and effort (and draft picks) cultivating their talent and then it just go to another team.

Zeitler is 27. He has at least 5 more elite level years in him. And we just handed those years to our in-state rival because the price was 2 or 3 million per year too high?

I don't understand what the Bengals are doing.

That's the nature of the sport. Every guy you draft can't turn into a top 10 player. And every top 10 player you develop, you can't pay for.

It stinks, but we will develop guys to replace him, Whit and anyone else. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After looking at the 2 contracts i'm not really all that butthurt.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns could be in for a quick turnaround if they can nail the draft.

So in other words: they'll never turn it around.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns could be in for a quick turnaround if they can nail the draft.

I hope they pass on Deshaun Watson
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:14 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: After looking at the 2 contracts i'm not really all that butthurt.

The salary cap has risen 25% from 2012.

$12 million a year now is the equivalent of $9 million then.
Reply/Quote
I can see the headlines now. Browns whip bengals as Crowell cruises to 170 yards rushing. Paving the way was guard Kevin zeitler, who consistently pushed peko off the line creating massive holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The salary cap has risen 25% from 2012.

$12 million a year now is the equivalent of $9 million then.

Whit is 36 years old he is going to have to be replaced anyway. Zeitler isn't all that.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:26 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Whit is 36 years old he is going to have to be replaced anyway. Zeitler isn't all that.

Yeah, but the reality is that you now have to start using draft picks to fill holes.  That's never a good approach.  Leads to a lot of reaches.
Reply/Quote
Oh and Leary and warford are off the board too

Reply/Quote
Welcome back to the nineties fellas. God this team can't do anything right but duck up. All this team had to do was fine a cheap center that didn't suck, get a deep threat Wr opposite of AJ Green, and keep both Whit and Zietler. They couldn't even do that they suck monkey balls and their to stupid on top of it. Hey its not all that bad we have two back up Lbers one getting paid to play special teams the other to sit on his ass,  a fat no good DT  that can't pass rush or defend the run, and hey we kept a 34 year old little person CB who still can't behave like an adult. 
We have a good Qb, great Wr, Best DT in the game, a top 10 DE,  the best non pass rushing LBer in the game, and oh by the way a top 10 first Rd pick with a top 10 2ndrd pick and top 10 third Rd pick. Yet what do we do add nothing but sign an average aging WR and lose our to best offensive lineman. This was an easy  sell players should want to come here to play not leave.  This effing team is run by a moron and until he is dead nothing will change.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I can see the headlines now.  Browns whip bengals as Crowell cruises to 170 yards rushing.  Paving the way was guard Kevin zeitler, who consistently pushed peko off the line creating massive holes

As much as i don't like Peko i bet he could hold his own in the run game against Zeitler who is not a good run blocker.

(03-09-2017, 05:26 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Whit is 36 years old he is going to have to be replaced anyway. Zeitler isn't all that.

This is true.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:11 PM)Benton Wrote: That's the nature of the sport. Every guy you draft can't turn into a top 10 player. And every top 10 player you develop, you can't pay for.

It stinks, but we will develop guys to replace him, Whit and anyone else. 

That's the problem, in this case we had plenty of money to pay for them.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, but the reality is that you now have to start using draft picks to fill holes.  That's never a good approach.  Leads to a lot of reaches.

But this is also true.
Reply/Quote
Well Zeitler gets to protect Brock Osweiler now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Man, that sounds like 2015.
And 2014. And 2013. And 2012. And 2011...

LOL

If Zeitler goes there, best of luck. He's a good guard, but he's not irreplaceable. And he's also not a consistent quality quarterback, which is something that franchise has never really had.

We won't have one for long if Big Ced is out there at LT  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:08 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/09/09/cincinnati-bengals-kevin-zeitler-no-contract-extension/90134116/

They tried for a year.

A self-imposed deadline of Week 1?  WTF?  
Reply/Quote
We lost the two best parts of the worst part of our team last year. Im a little concerned to say the least...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, but the reality is that you now have to start using draft picks to fill holes.  That's never a good approach.  Leads to a lot of reaches.

So, you consider the contracts to be good deals? If so stop because you will never convince me the Rams and Browns got good deals. Love Whit but 36. Z cannot run block. Now if we were talking about DeCastro..

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well Zeitler gets to protect Brock Osweiler now.

HAHAHAHA They traded Brock and a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him lmao 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote