Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys To Victory Over The Ratbirds
1. Establish the run game. Give Mixon the ball early and often to help control the game, keep their crowd out of it, and help to neutralize the blitz.

2. They love to blitz so be ready and exploit it. Get the ball out quick to receivers in space when they send blitzes and take a few deep shots. Make sure to keep a back in to block or at least to check the rush before releasing.

3. Don't get one-dimensional. Stay balanced or they'll tee-off on our offense.

4. Shut-down Andrews. Easier said than done but we need to do it to keep him from being Jackson's safety valve and main target. Limiting him will help us to control the game because he's Jackson's main target.

5. Stay in your lanes and don't over-pursue. Jackson's their leading rusher, so always keep an eye on him and don't go off-script.

6. Stay out of third and long. Establishing the run game will help a lot with that but we can't get into third and long because, like I said, they love to blitz.

What are your keys to victory?
Reply/Quote
Was watching NFL Live today and they had a stat that Burrow was the Best QB against the Blitz.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
End every play on D with a hit on Lamar
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Play all 4 quarters not just 2.
Reply/Quote
Burrow leading the league thus far against the blitz in percentage and QBR.That sure might help because the Ravens are a blitzing team,32.7%.Disagree with giving Mixon the ball early and often,to help control the game.Rather have the other Joe throw the ball early and often to control the game.Need to attack this defense and build an early lead.No time to be conservative.Good luck trying to run the ball against the Ravens.
Just hope Zac Taylor doesn’t get bullheaded and keeps trying to run the ball.Turn Joe Burrow loose.
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson might be a big key in this game. He could be used to spy Jackson. Hilton could also be a factor and used similar to how Philips was used against the Ravens last year with the pressures.
Reply/Quote
We have been most effective when we run 20 or more and throw 30 or less , if we dont fall behind early let's keep that same recipe
Reply/Quote
I would add double Hollywood Brown to the list and play a lot of dime packages.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 01:01 AM)J24 Wrote: I would add double Hollywood Brown to the list and play a lot of dime packages.

If we played dime a lot, I think they'd gash us with Murray, Williams, Freeman, and even Bell in-between the tackles.

I do agree with doubling Hollywood and we should be able to do it because none of their other receivers scare me too much. Watkins is decent but I  don't think he can beat us if we sell-out to stop Brown and Andrews.

I'm wondering if we should keep a spy on Jackson but I'm also wondering who we'd use...........>
Reply/Quote
Sounds a bit vague but to win we will need to bring it on both sides of the ball and all 4 quarters. The Rat Turds are one of the best teams in the league so “showing up” in the 3rd Q or the D carrying the O or vice versa isn’t going to cut it.

We only win if we play our best football all 4 Q. Even so, would still make this a dogfight.

This game scares me but sadly, not due to talent but due to Harbough vs ZT’s game planning / play-calling.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to play really sound
Complimentary football. It needs a big special teams
Play to tip the scales. Or a big time defensive
TD. This defense hasnt scored a TD in ages.
Blanketing the Ravens targets is imperative
Watch out for Devon Dueverney. He always
Makes a big play vs the Bengals

Offensively it has to be a 0 INT game from Burrow
Vs Detroit you can get away with it. Not the Ravens
Reply/Quote
On offense....Deal with the blitz. Almost every Raven sack against Burrow was from a DB.

On defense....Get pressure on Jackson without letting him escape from the pocket.

I have a lot more confidence in Burrow beating the blitz than our defense containing Jackson. Not bashing our D. Just that Jackson has become a better passer but is still a nightmare for ANY team with the ball in his hands.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 10:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Burrow leading the league thus far against the blitz in percentage and QBR.That sure might help because the Ravens are a blitzing team,32.7%.Disagree with giving Mixon the ball early and often,to help control the game.Rather have the other Joe throw the ball early and often to control the game.Need to attack this defense and build an early lead.No time to be conservative.Good luck trying to run the ball against the Ravens.
Just hope Zac Taylor doesn’t get bullheaded and keeps trying to run the ball.Turn Joe Burrow loose.

My guess is that Burrow is not going to see the Ravens blitz as often as “normal”. Baltimore got burned by Mahomes last year while blitzing. This year, the Ravens blitzed on 12.9% of pass plays against the Chiefs, which is the unit’s lowest mark under DC Don Martindale. I expect the same on Sunday. Unless Joe seems to fold under the blitz early in the game (which I do not expect), I am looking for a straight 4-man rush with LB’s dropping back in coverage on pass plays.

Although I’m sure Wink has something dialed up.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking they just have to score more points by the end of the game. Most points win unless the entire team is injured by that time then it's win the battle, lose the war..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think the key for the D is consistent tackling, and hard hitting as often as possible. Ravens don’t have many big receivers outside of Andrew’s. Make them pay, particularly Hollywood for coming over the middle. Make Jackson pay for running the ball when possible.

On offense, stay on schedule, limit the turnovers. Run the ball and take your deep shots. Don’t get one dimensional…
Reply/Quote
Lamar is playing scary so far this year. Same swag running but he’s also been a deadly pocket passer too. There’s really no way to stop him. So what i think you do is play mathematics. This is a week where if we win the toss we should receive it and try to score on the first drive. Because my first strategy VS Baltimore is to keep them in chase mode. That will limit the amount of runs they can call in the 4th. Next you either stop the run OR the pass. You go 1/2 on either one and you won’t be successful. As fans we are going to have to accept that Mari Andrews may have a HUGE game. There is no way to guard the run and guard deep passes without leaving Mark Andreas open. The strategy on Mark is to keep him from getting YAC. Wherever he catches it tackle him there. He’s gonna catch 1st downs don’t get frustrated. Having solid coverage on the run and deep passes will make it worth it to kinda let Mark get off. Mark isn’t gonna catch a 4 yard drag route and take it 70 yards for a TD. He’s too slow. Lamar and Hollywood have that ability so that’s why you guard them tight.

My prediction. If we give up 3 50 yard or more plays we automatically lose. Our only hope is if Baltimore has to nickel and dime for their scoring
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Must keep Lamar in the pocket and close in on him. Don't over pursue, make him eat grass. Need to blitz often and be flexible in your gameplan. If the run aint working, don't wait until halftime to make adjustments. Must make adjustments on the fly and keep them on their toes. Defense has to play tight. Play this ***** like its the SB!

And don't step on any meth pipes.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 01:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Must keep Lamar in the pocket and close in on him. Don't over pursue, make him eat grass. Need to blitz often and be flexible in your gameplan. If the run aint working, don't wait until halftime to make adjustments. Must make adjustments on the fly and keep them on their toes. Defense has to play tight. Play this ***** like its the SB!

And don't step on any broken meth pipes.
Fixed it for ya.

Ain't no way them good pipes gonna be just layin' around.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Here is the best plan for victory.

Start Joe Bachie as a "spy" on Jackson. No matter what Jackson does on the first play Bachie launches his full body helmet-first into the Lamar's knee.

Bachie is suspended for the rest of the season, but we suddenly have a chance at the Division title.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 01:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If we played dime a lot, I think they'd gash us with Murray, Williams, Freeman, and even Bell in-between the tackles.

I do agree with doubling Hollywood and we should be able to do it because none of their other receivers scare me too much. Watkins is decent but I  don't think he can beat us if we sell-out to stop Brown and Andrews.

I'm wondering if we should keep a spy on Jackson but I'm also wondering who we'd use...........>

I live with what they do on the ground; the most important thing to do is stop Lamar from destroying us in the air. I would like to see a similar game plan from what we did from our first Matchup last season.
J24

Reply/Quote