Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim/Trump Summit Disaster
Is anyone following. His supporters are even outraged.

Putin swooped in and has called the shots and Trump backs down. Even turns on Otto which his supporters are upset about (more than the policy wins for Kim and Putin)

Thus far:
Trump Believes: - Kim Jong Un didn’t torture Otto Warmbier.
Trump no longer demanding denuclearization. Biggest win for Kim and Putin ever provided by America.
No deal came that did anything to help Americas position.

Sounds like Trump just used Kim to boost his world standing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
these racists should have jumped on the bandwagon of a more competent white guy.
(02-28-2019, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Is anyone following. His supporters are even outraged.

Putin swooped in and has called the shots and Trump backs down. Even turns on Otto which his supporters are upset about (more than the policy win for Kim)

Thus far:
Trump no longer demanding denuclearization. Biggest win for Kim and Putin ever provided by America.
No deal came that did anything to help Americas position.

Sounds like Trump just used Kim to boost his world standing.

Trump is making the mistake many of thought he was making:  Legitimizing Kim while looking like a fool himself.

DJT flew all the way over there for a photo op and got nothing while Kim, as you said, gets a boost and lots of propaganda material. 

But we will get told by some that we maybe this "new" way of negotiating is better because it will the "old" way didn't get anything.

Sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-28-2019, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote:  Even turns on Otto which his supporters are upset about (more than the policy wins for Kim and Putin)

Thus far:

This is ***** disgusting 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/politics/trump-otto-warmbier-kim-jong-un/index.html
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Kim wants sanctions lifted while he only partially de-nukes himself.
(02-28-2019, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is ***** disgusting 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/politics/trump-otto-warmbier-kim-jong-un/index.html

Unreal.  

I'm sure all his supporters are up in arms over this.  Whatever
Another HISTORIC FIRST!! No other president has met twice with Kim. DingDing Clapping Dancing Happy

But haters gonna hate. Rant Smack

What's wrong with better relations with Putin and Kim!?!? Confused

Was anyone else surprised that Kim wanted all sanctions lifted as a starter? Boy I was.
Gosh. who could have seen that coming?? Shocked
None of our previous presidents who wouldn't meet with Kim until conditions were met, that's for sure. Ninja

Sometimes, after giving your opponent the stage he wants, you have to walk away--with nothing (It's in The Art of the Deal). :whiteflag:

Big country there. Who really knows what happened to Otto? Hehe Putin says it was an accident. Hmm

What was Trump tweeting about Cohen while the Summit was underway? Anyone catch that? Popcorn
I'm thinking the de-Nuke Summit could have broken up his focus on the Congressional hearings.
Did the guy once again disavow his own intel to trust a well known dictator ?

WTF is wrong with a guy who insult his allies on daily basis to aknowledge his enemies ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Kim didn't know about an American being tortured? Trump believes him.

Putin didn't interfere in the election? Trump trusts him over the intelligence community.

The Saudis didn't kill Khashoggi. Trump believes the royal family.

Michael Cohen is a rat.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Got him right where he wants him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-28-2019, 11:07 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Kim wants sanctions lifted while he only partially de-nukes himself.

Well, yeah. That's a no brainer and what people critical of these two meetings have been saying all along. That's why we've been saying they were a fool's errand and did nothing but benefit Kim Jong Un by making him look more legitimate while we get nothing in return (at best). Anyone who thinks DPRK is going to give up their nuclear program is lying to themselves.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-28-2019, 11:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, yeah. That's a no brainer and what people critical of these two meetings have been saying all along. That's why we've been saying they were a fool's errand and did nothing but benefit Kim Jong Un by making him look more legitimate while we get nothing in return (at best). Anyone who thinks DPRK is going to give up their nuclear program is lying to themselves.

I keep seeing this argument, that trump meeting with his "legitimizes" Kim.  I don't see the logic of this argument.  The Kim family has ruled N. Korea for decades.  No one disputes that they are the government of N. Korea.  No one is unaware that N. Korea is a batshit crazy country.  Trump, or any POTUS, meeting with him doesn't change any of these things.  N. Korea's standing in the world is exactly what is was during Obama's presidency.
You all just don't understand "The Art of the Deal". Trump is just going to threaten Kim with a massive law suit and intimidate him.

Then after he accepts the Nobel prize for unifying Korea Trump will get rid of the national debt by filing for banruptcy
(02-28-2019, 12:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I keep seeing this argument, that trump meeting with his "legitimizes" Kim.  I don't see the logic of this argument.  The Kim family has ruled N. Korea for decades.  No one disputes that they are the government of N. Korea.  No one is unaware that N. Korea is a batshit crazy country.  Trump, or any POTUS, meeting with him doesn't change any of these things.  N. Korea's standing in the world is exactly what is was during Obama's presidency.

That's not true. Kim has the full support and defense of the American President (supposedly the leader of the free world). This is unprecedented. Kim is now held in higher standards then any of our WWI and WWII allies as well as many of the nations that stood with us against Iraq and Afghanistan. You can't claim it was like that under Obama who Trump claims was on the verge of blowing him off the map.

If Trump is a legitimate president then he's made Kim the 3rd most powerful leader of the world (Putin is 1st), and that is what Kim wanted. To be legitimized in that way.

(02-28-2019, 12:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I keep seeing this argument, that trump meeting with his "legitimizes" Kim.  I don't see the logic of this argument.  The Kim family has ruled N. Korea for decades.  No one disputes that they are the government of N. Korea.  No one is unaware that N. Korea is a batshit crazy country.  Trump, or any POTUS, meeting with him doesn't change any of these things.  N. Korea's standing in the world is exactly what is was during Obama's presidency.

When two heads of state meet in that way it presents an image of equality of standing. It puts Kim on par with leaders of other nations in the international hierarchy, something they lacked until Trump because of the refusal of major Western leaders to meet with them. I'm not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs, because foreign policy isn't my thing, but every foreign policy wonk I know or whose opinion I value, is saying this same thing. Conservatives and liberals. They will also tell you that the standing of Kim and the DPRK is definitely not exactly the same as it was during Obama's tenure.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-28-2019, 12:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When two heads of state meet in that way it presents an image of equality of standing. It puts Kim on par with leaders of other nations in the international hierarchy, something they lacked until Trump because of the refusal of major Western leaders to meet with them. I'm not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs, because foreign policy isn't my thing, but every foreign policy wonk I know or whose opinion I value, is saying this same thing. Conservatives and liberals. They will also tell you that the standing of Kim and the DPRK is definitely not exactly the same as it was during Obama's tenure.

Definitely not. Trump has made Russia and NK great again. No one can dispute that given the power that Putin has over Trump and the GOP (changing platforms to benefit him, covering for his attack against America), and given Trump is madly "in love" with Kim. .

Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker · 3h3 hours ago

Trump took Vladimir Putin at his word on Russian election interference.

He took MBS at his word over the brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

And today in Hanoi he took Kim Jong Un at his word over the death of Otto Warmbier.

Now America Intel and American Law Enforcement agencies?..... Yea you guessed it. They are liars, inept, and every other name he wants to call them. How long we going to let Trump supporters claim America first?

(02-28-2019, 12:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's not true. Kim has the full support and defense of the American President (supposedly the leader of the free world). This is unprecedented. Kim is now held in higher standards then any of our WWI and WWII allies as well as many of the nations that stood with us against Iraq and Afghanistan. You can't claim it was like that under Obama who Trump claims was on the verge of blowing him off the map.

If Trump is a legitimate president then he's made Kim the 3rd most powerful leader of the world (Putin is 1st), and that is what Kim wanted. To be legitimized in that way.

The most polite way I can say this is, this entire post is silly.

(02-28-2019, 12:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When two heads of state meet in that way it presents an image of equality of standing. It puts Kim on par with leaders of other nations in the international hierarchy, something they lacked until Trump because of the refusal of major Western leaders to meet with them. I'm not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs, because foreign policy isn't my thing, but every foreign policy wonk I know or whose opinion I value, is saying this same thing. Conservatives and liberals. They will also tell you that the standing of Kim and the DPRK is definitely not exactly the same as it was during Obama's tenure.

I'd love for someone to point out how it's different other than "muh feels".  No one who didn't support them supports them now and vice versa.  N. Korea is exactly what it's been for the past seventy years, a useful distraction for Russia/USSR and a buffer zone between China and US influence.  That's all it will ever be unless it makes radical changes.
(02-28-2019, 12:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The most polite way I can say this is, this entire post is silly.

I'd love for someone to point out how it's different other than "muh feels".  No one who didn't support them supports them now and vice versa.  N. Korea is exactly what it's been for the past seventy years, a useful distraction for Russia/USSR and a buffer zone between China and US influence.  That's all it will ever be unless it makes radical changes.

So then Trump's "new way" did nothing. In fact it even made Trump believe Kim about torturing a US citizen. Something DJT may a lot of hay about when they brought him home.

And Kim gets photo ops with the leader of the free world and gets to play international name.

I said a long time ago it's easy to play Trump...just say something nice about him.  Then DJT will believe everything you say because you were "smart enough" to recognize how sell he is.  Smirk
(02-28-2019, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker · 3h3 hours ago  

Trump took Vladimir Putin at his word on Russian election interference.

He took MBS at his word over the brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

And today in Hanoi he took Kim Jong Un at his word over the death of Otto Warmbier.

Now America Intel and American Law Enforcement agencies?..... Yea you guessed it. They are liars, inept, and every other name he wants to call them. How long we going to let Trump supporters claim America first?

And your FBI is just able to hunt witches ! 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.