Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Kings of the North
(01-11-2023, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sooooo many amazing characters on that series.  I have not read the books, but was debating.  Obviously, I loved Tyrian, Arya, John, Rob, but I also loved the anti=heroes like Jamie, Bram, Sir Jora, and "my guy" Sir Devos.  Has to be the best series, movie, show, etc. that I have ever seen.

Right? I get a laugh out of the people on FB who post up that meme that says "Who else can say they never watched an episode of Game of Thrones, or of Yellowstone?" I just look at them and laugh and think you have no clue what you're missing. I waited several years to watch GOT, because I thought it was something along the lines of Lord of the Rings (which movies I also enjoyed). After one of my surgeries, I had nothing to watch so I binged it from start to end. It was simply amazing. It has everything... swordsman (and women), Kingdoms at war, dragons, zombies, the whole enchilado....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 08:48 PM)M.W. Wrote: Maybe the hardest thing for a long time Bengals fan to get used to is being a fan of a winning franchise.  
It is truly a great time to be a Bengals fan!

For sure and I am so happy to be sharing it with my son.  The winning started when he was 13.  He will turn 15 later this month.

C'mon Bengals, give him a SB win for his bday!  lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great show. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?"

Now they need to put a video with Roger Goodell's face on Commidus when he asks the guy who puts on the Gladiator fights after Maximus and his crew kill all the chariot riders "Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Ravens supposed to win?"  "Ah, yes, sorry sire"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All I wanted to see today besides the stealers getting knocked out of the Playoffs, great times.

Gonna drink me some brewskies and celebrate.PervertClapping   CheersDrunk

Isn't this what we wanted?  Bengals relevant and in the hunt every year and the steelers out of the playoffs?  I'm so grateful to this team, from coaches, to players, to everyone down to the locker room attendants.  

It won't be easy, but I think they will be ready with a plan for the ratbirds and then we will be in line for a great rematch with the Bills.  Should they win that (you know I think they win it all this year), then it will be on to KC where the Bengals live in their heads rent-free.

My guess will be a Cincy/SF Super Bowl, but I would like to see the Eagles over SF.  Regardless.  WHO DEY!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right? I get a laugh out of the people on FB who post up that meme that says "Who else can say they never watched an episode of Game of Thrones, or of Yellowstone?" I just look at them and laugh and think you have no clue what you're missing. I waited several years to watch GOT, because I thought it was something along the lines of Lord of the Rings (which movies I also enjoyed). After one of my surgeries, I had nothing to watch so I binged it from start to end. It was simply amazing. It has everything... swordsman (and women), Kingdoms at war, dragons, zombies, the whole enchilado....

I swear GOT got me through COVID quarantines.  

I had HBO and was way behind the series as it was released.  I watched it with my son and it was so damn good.  I am not a Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings guy at all, but I absolutely loved GOT.  I re-watched the entire series with my GF and it is her fav as well.  Liked House of the Dragon, but it was missing some of the humor and unique worlds of GOT.  Hope it keeps going. Can't wait to see SNOW.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I swear GOT got me through COVID quarantines.  

I had HBO and was way behind the series as it was released.  I watched it with my son and it was so damn good.  I am not a Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings guy at all, but I absolutely loved GOT.  I re-watched the entire series with my GF and it is her fav as well.  Liked House of the Dragon, but it was missing some of the humor and unique worlds of GOT.  Hope it keeps going. Can't wait to see SNOW.  

Everyone in my office had already seen it. When I got to the season 1 ending, I texted them and said "No way" They really just didn't do that did they? I figured they'd come back in the season 2 opener and say the axman missed on purpose and it was a ruse, since they didn't actually show it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone in my office had already seen it. When I got to the season 1 ending, I texted them and said "No way" They really just didn't do that did they? I figured they'd come back in the season 2 opener and say the axman missed on purpose and it was a ruse, since they didn't actually show it.

Totally set up the tension for the rest of the season.   You never knew how things might pan out.

Watched the series with my daughters.  All of us felt they unduly rushed the last season and did not finish at the same level it had been for the previous seasons.

Still all in all the best storyline and screenplay I've ever seen in a series - not to mention sets, cinematography and acting.

True quality all the way through.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:48 AM)3wt Wrote: Totally set up the tension for the rest of the season.   You never knew how things might pan out.

Watched the series with my daughters.  All of us felt they unduly rushed the last season and did not finish at the same level it had been for the previous seasons.

Still all in all the best storyline and screenplay I've ever seen in a series - not to mention sets, cinematography and acting.

True quality all the way through.

Yeah, it felt like the big finale was the Battle with the dead, but then it went on and the rest was kind of anti-climatic. I thought this video of "The Mountain" trying to get fit for an NFL uniform in Minnesota was hilarious. He was going through Bells Palsy at the time so his face is kind of messed up. (Been there, done that). If you ever see videos of him and his wife, she's like 4'11" and tiny. Not sure how that works. 

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Now they need to put a video with Roger Goodell's face on Commidus when he asks the guy who puts on the Gladiator fights after Maximus and his crew kill all the chariot riders "Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Ravens supposed to win?"  "Ah, yes, sorry sire"

Love it Sled lol

(01-11-2023, 11:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Isn't this what we wanted?  Bengals relevant and in the hunt every year and the steelers out of the playoffs?  I'm so grateful to this team, from coaches, to players, to everyone down to the locker room attendants.  

It won't be easy, but I think they will be ready with a plan for the ratbirds and then we will be in line for a great rematch with the Bills.  Should they win that (you know I think they win it all this year), then it will be on to KC where the Bengals live in their heads rent-free.

My guess will be a Cincy/SF Super Bowl, but I would like to see the Eagles over SF.  Regardless.  WHO DEY!!!!

Yes sir, great times. Also expecting it to go down like you say and be a repeat of another 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl where we 
pull it off this time and bounce that monkey to the curb!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone in my office had already seen it. When I got to the season 1 ending, I texted them and said "No way" They really just didn't do that did they? I figured they'd come back in the season 2 opener and say the axman missed on purpose and it was a ruse, since they didn't actually show it.

Yep.  Kind of like The Walking Dead.  You would fall in love with a character and....they die.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  Kind of like The Walking Dead.  You would fall in love with a character and....they die.  

And yet Carl went on and on..... and Lori. I was rooting for them to be eaten since season 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet Carl went on and on..... and Lori. I was rooting for them to be eaten since season 2.

I pissed off a lot of people after Glenn supposedly bought it (the first time) when I put on fbook:  "So, does that mean Maggie is single now?"  I was trying to be funny.  
Reply/Quote