Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirkpatrick: Marv aint going anywhere
(12-21-2018, 12:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right, it's just player speak.

But hell yes they all love Merv, there's no accountability as long as he's in charge.
Spot on.
Is it any coincidence the team fails to play up to better teams? There is no accountability and an almost pathological fear of change. Do we remember when Thornton had to tell the coaching staff to let Pat Sims take over in 2008? Well Marvin is still here and so is that kind of mentality. Just like Marvin saying he can't control the number of fans that go watch the game. Yes Marvin and Brown, take responsibility for your dwindling fans in the stands. Put a quality winning product on the field and the fans will be there
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 10:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does that mean Kirkpatrick is going to start earning his salary soon?

Just more hot air from a franchise that has been full of it since Paul Brown died.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 10:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: This means very little but it shows how the Players love Marvin.

Yeah. I say 16 more years !!!!!
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick really doesn't seem to get it at all. Playoffs is his entire goal. What ever happened to a championship?

Quote:“I hate that (bleep). It gets on my nerves. I hate to be a spoiler,” Kirkpatrick said before Wednesday’s practice. “I want to make the playoffs and we didn't make it this year, and that's something I've got to go home with, another year without going to the playoffs. That's what it's about. I don't care about spoiling nobody, nothing, I don't care about it. Mean (s) nothing to me, it don't help me pay my bills. Winning does.”

He's been on this team for 7 years now and he doesn't seem to know that "them up top" don't listen to what the players have to say, or the fans for that matter. Has he been asleep all this time?

Quote:The Bengals drafted Kirkpatrick No. 1 in 2012 and fellow corners Dennard and William Jackson No. 1 in 2014 and 2016, respectively. He’d love to keep them together and that starts with re-signing Dennard after they’ve really battened down the hatches since Mayfield lit them up for four touchdown passes Nov. 25.

“Got to keep it going,” Kirkpatrick said. “Got to sign up Quez. Make sure you tell them up top to bring him back.”

This whole team is infected with Mike Brown-itis and I fear a rather nasty tasting medicine is in order. Might have to be completely empty stands for the message to reach the team that this mess is just not acceptable any longer.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 10:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: This means very little but it shows how the Players love Marvin.

Who wouldn't prefer a lackadaisical, "hey get comfortable out there man" sort of approach over a, "do it this way or we'll cut your ass" kind of a coach?

If Marvin goes, so goes the job security of a lot of the players who may "fit his scheme" or are his buddies or whatever.  The Nate Livingses and Alex Redmonds of the world can feel nice and cozy while the dudes who play better on Sundays than in practice can rot on the bench so long as Marvin stays.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 'We're hurt. It's not his fault.' part sounds like more than covering. It sounds like something MB would say.

Exactly.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 'We're hurt. It's not his fault.' part sounds like more than covering. It sounds like something MB would say.

sounds like facts...
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 02:21 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Kirkpatrick really doesn't seem to get it at all. Playoffs is his entire goal. What ever happened to a championship?

Well one step at a time you gotta make the playoffs before you can think championship
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 11:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think easy and Cheap is more MB than player friendly.

Marvin is not cheap, he's around #6 highest paid head coaches in the league..... that "cheap" argument does not work in every situation....
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin is not cheap, he's around #6 highest paid head coaches in the league..... that "cheap" argument does not work in every situation....

If correct, just another example of the organization over paying for crap talent.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown and Marvin using Dre's comments as the litmus test to gauge everybody's reaction, from fans to media to the NFL itself. Very cunning. Lame
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 11:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If correct, just another example of the organization over paying for crap talent.

I believe it is correct.

I heard on one of the Sunday Morning NFL Shows that Marvin makes $6 million per year in his most recent contract.

A Big reason why I think he will be back in 2019.

Why leave the Biggest paychecks he has ever received on the table and walk away ?
Reply/Quote
If there's a hint of truth in this article, and MB is still that obsessed with the Browns, getting swept by them this year might be the last straw for Merv….
https://www.bengals.com/news/p-b-tells-you-why-it-is-special
Reply/Quote
If the players really like having him around, move him to A different role. His time as HC should have expired years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well yeah, i wouldn't expect anything but praise from a mediocre to bad CB that got paid top shelf money.

In other words, Shut the **** up DreK

Reply/Quote
Dre and his 15 million salary will be gone next year too
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 12:25 PM)corpjet Wrote: Dre and his 15 million salary will be gone next year too

If we had an owner with even a mediocre football IQ i'd believe you but i expect he will be back.

Along with 
Marvin
Hue
Lazor
Burfict
Eifert
etc Whatever

Reply/Quote
They all love Marvin because they know him personally. It has nothing to do with lack of accountability. It's because he's a good man, with solid character, and he gives a ****...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 12:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If we had an owner with even a mediocre football IQ i'd believe you but i expect he will be back.

Along with 
Marvin
Hue
Lazor
Burfict
Eifert
etc Whatever

What are you talking about? Mikey has a brilliant football mind! What would ever give you the impression this was not the case? 

In other news, Katie looks like a supermodel
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 02:21 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Kirkpatrick really doesn't seem to get it at all. Playoffs is his entire goal. What ever happened to a championship?

He's been on this team for 7 years now and he doesn't seem to know that "them up top" don't listen to what the players have to say, or the fans for that matter. Has he been asleep all this time?

This whole team is infected with Mike Brown-itis and I fear a rather nasty tasting medicine is in order. Might have to be completely empty stands for the message to reach the team that this mess is just not acceptable any longer.

Dre worrying about paying his bills, that's funny!!! 
Reply/Quote