Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirkpatrick: Marv aint going anywhere
(12-20-2018, 10:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dre can’t cover anything, little lone the ML saga. He should hold the door open for him as they both leave the stadium for good.

(12-20-2018, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

Yeah Harley, love it man! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Dre another worthless over paid Bengals player joining MJ, Ogbuehi
Reply/Quote
It's interesting DreK said this, seeing as his being on the Bengals is directly related to them being a dysfunctional and frustrating franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 12:25 PM)corpjet Wrote: Dre and his 15 million salary will be gone next year too

Lol, Dre is pretty far from a 15M salary.  He currently holds the 13th best contract for CBs, but will likely slide down that list when this year's crop of new deals are inked.

https://overthecap.com/player/dre-kirkpatrick/179/

But anyway, so Dre voices his support of Marvin Lewis?  No big surprise there.  Marvin has always been regarded as a "players coach", which I guess that means that he's sympathetic to their point of view?  They always say that when a coach "loses the team", he's ripe for losing his position.  I'm not so sure that I would consider Dre K. speaking out, as speaking for the team, or even speaking for the defense for that matter.  If I see a few more veterans speaking up in support of Marvin, I'll start taking notice.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
From someone's earlier post it would seem that Dre is lobbying hard for his buddy Dennard.

Lewis thought Dennard was one of the best DBs he'd ever seen coming into the organization.

Put those things together and you have Dennard getting re-upped with Lewis leading the way.

Take Marvin out of the equation and all bets are off.

Just a thought...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Glad to see the players standing behind their coach. The fans have the luxury to turn on the HC, the players do not and most certainly should not.

As much as I dislike Hue Jackson as a coach and player; I want Geno to bury Baker's ass in the ground for the disrespectful comments toward his former HC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 06:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: From someone's earlier post it would seem that Dre is lobbying hard for his buddy Dennard.

Lewis thought Dennard was one of the best DBs he'd ever seen coming into the organization.

Put those things together and you have Dennard getting re-upped with Lewis leading the way.

Take Marvin out of the equation and all bets are off.

Just a thought...

Yeah, well we're talking about potentially the end of an era, the Marvin Lewis era.  The team that Marv built was once full of promise and hope.  Sadly, that team reached a climax in that 2015 Playoff game that ended with that meltdown loss to the Steelers.  Since then, it's been all downhill.  Dre K. is a holdover from that team, of course he sees Marvin getting the team that strong again.  

On the other hand, what kind of message does Mike Brown send by sticking with Marvin Lewis?  I'm sure the one he thinks he's sending is that he believes in Lewis, and he will deliver a championship one day.  To us fans, it says "I'm fine with merely being in the hunt.".  

I don't know about you, but I'd really like to see the Bengals win something of significance, before my Dad passes away..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad to see the players standing behind their coach. The fans have the luxury to turn on the HC, the players do not and most certainly should not.

As much as I dislike Hue Jackson as a coach and player; I want Geno to bury Baker's ass  in the ground for the disrespectful comments toward his former HC

It would be great someone handing a football back to them during/after a victory.

It doesn't even have to be Hue. 

They'd get it. ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've grown tired of Marvin Lewis. Come to think of it, I've grown tired of Dre K as well.....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 11:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds like facts...

Sounds like more excuses.

Sounds like a 3rd straight losing season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like more excuses.

Sounds like a 3rd straight losing season.

There's nothing to guarantee this is a losing season, but you can always hope, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There's nothing to guarantee this is a losing season, but you can always hope, 

LOL LOL LOL

Well said, Fred Jr.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's interesting DreK said this, seeing as his being on the Bengals is directly related to them being a dysfunctional and frustrating franchise.

Was reading through the comments and found exactly what I was going to post. So I will quote, say I agree, take my post count and bide you goodbye  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Questions:

1.  Is Marvin Lewis a good coach who is unable to improve the team because the players are generally average to below average?  Thus, the team loses more than it wins.

or

2.  Are the players generally good and Marvin Lewis is unable to improve the team with his coaching abilities?

If the answer to Question 1 is yes, it could be a long time before the Bengals are good again due to having to overhaul most of the roster.  This is the road Mark Davis has the Raiders on.

If the answer to Question 2 is yes, it could possibly be a very short time before the Bengals are good again because we have not seen their potential as a group.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 11:26 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Questions:

1.  Is Marvin Lewis a good coach who is unable to improve the team because the players are generally average to below average?  Thus, the team loses more than it wins.

or

2.  Are the players generally good and Marvin Lewis is unable to improve the team with his coaching abilities?

If the answer to Question 1 is yes, it could be a long time before the Bengals are good again due to having to overhaul most of the roster.  This is the road Mark Davis has the Raiders on.

If the answer to Question 2 is yes, it could possibly be a very short time before the Bengals are good again because we have not seen their potential as a group.  

The defense had a lot more talent than it showed the first half of the season. Look at how much better they have played with marvin as dc.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The defense had a lot more talent than it showed the first half of the season. Look at how much better they have played with marvin as dc.

Agreed, they have been showing some spirit, lately.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, they have been showing some spirit, lately.

They always show spirit when there is nothing on the line...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 08:51 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: They always show spirit when there is nothing on the line...

Pride is always on the line.  Not to mention the opportunity to be a spoiler to a rival team(s).  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 09:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pride is always on the line.  Not to mention the opportunity to be a spoiler to a rival team(s).  

Our pride has really shone in the playoff games led by Merv. And oh my the personal pride of Mikey to develop a winner shows almost daily
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 09:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pride is always on the line.  Not to mention the opportunity to be a spoiler to a rival team(s).  

The Bengals are always good at playing spoiler, especially to themselves!
Reply/Quote