Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LB's
I'm concerned we havent addressed biggest achilles heel of the team the LB core. Horrid Alabama and Clemson LB are better than our current core
Reply/Quote
You cant address all your needs in a free agency period. theres the draft also.
plus the really good LBers in FA cost alot of dime.
as much as Mosely would have been a upgrade you would have weakened other areas by signing him.
Reply/Quote
There will be a LB in the draft most likely in the first 3 rounds I'd guess.
Reply/Quote
We have 1 borderline starter and a bunch of bums that shouldn't even be in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:39 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have 1 borderline starter and a bunch of bums that shouldn't even be in the league.

Brown and Vigil are starting no matter how you feel about it. The "open" spot is WILL and I think that will be a high draft pick. Jefferson and Evans are going to be leaned on to be back up level guys and I think, at least Evans can be that. 
Reply/Quote
They almost have to go LB in Round 1 at this point, right? If anything, our LB corps has gotten worse than it was before, now that Burfict is gone.

Barring a FA signing, we need to draft a LB that can come in here and start day one.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind 3 LB's in the first 4 rounds at this point. We have put ourselves in a box.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:34 AM)impactplaya Wrote: You cant address all your needs in a free agency period. theres the draft also.
plus the really good LBers in FA cost alot of dime.
as much as Mosely would have been a upgrade you would have weakened other areas by signing him.

the Draft, specially with the Bengals, is that they are 3 year projects and they are a 50-50 gamble of being successful. (see Ross for reference).

We need a linebacker that can lead the D now. A LB is the QB of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm concerned we havent addressed  biggest achilles heel of the team the LB core. Horrid Alabama and Clemson LB are better than our current LB core

Yes i was wondering this myself after they let burfict go. Thought they would bring in someone else in fa. I think we are definitely spending a high pick on lber now, my concern is that all the other teams kinda know this. And White has been getting picked before us in recent mocks but there are second round guys that are pretty good too. If they get one of the ot in the first then lber in the second, that would be good imo. If white is there then take him, but then we most likely have hart starting at rt this year.

Fa isnt over either, they could still pick up a guy.

Overall I would like two more solid lbers whether from the draft or fa..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
the Bengals need a LB in the mode of Darius Leonard
who comes in Day 1 and makes his presence felt.
A playmaker a game changer.
releasing Vontaze tells me they are drafting either Devin RD 1.
how Vigil still has a starting spot baffles me.
hes a poor mans version of Caleb Miller
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: There will be a LB in the draft most likely in the first 3 rounds I'd guess.

We have Brown... and Vigil  Jefferson could come on this year or Evans.....      And we will get a draft pick and their will be some Vet Releases after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We have Brown... and Vigil  Jefferson could come on this year or Evans.....      And we will get a draft pick and their will be some Vet Releases after the draft.

I think they'd like to get a vet in here before the draft just in case, but not sure they have found the right match yet. 
Reply/Quote
Sunset can play linebacker. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
If Brown stays healthy this year, he will have a lot of people eating crow (or flat out refusing to admit they were wrong, and making themselves look silly). Vigil is good enough at SAM to start and play well, though it wouldn't upset me to upgrade that position. We need to draft a WILL in the 1st or 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
It's worth pointing out that the Bengals actually have TWO LB spots open right now. Burfict and Rey.
I'm fully expecting a LB to be taken no later than Rd 3 and another to be taken after that even if another LB is added in FA before the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Come on guys. Trust in the system. It has not failed us in the past 27 years so why question it
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm concerned we havent addressed  biggest achilles heel of the team the LB core. Horrid Alabama and Clemson LB are better than our current core

Yes - This is probably my biggest concern too.

IF healthy, Brown should be an above average LB...so there's that.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: the Bengals need a LB in the mode of Darius Leonard
who comes in Day 1 and makes his presence felt.
A playmaker a game changer.
releasing Vontaze tells me they are drafting either Devin RD 1.
how Vigil still has a starting spot baffles me.
hes a poor mans version of Caleb Miller

That would be pretty amazing to get a Darius Leonard type guy!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:36 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: Come on guys. Trust in the system.  It has not failed us in the past 27 years  so why question it

I think there's some chance they sign Brandon Marshall if his market dries up. He's not great, but he's not bad either.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm concerned we havent addressed  biggest achilles heel of the team the LB core. 

Which coined the term... 3rd and Bengals last year.  Bengals were last in defensive 3rd down rate.  And 2nd to last in opponents time of possession.  
Reply/Quote