Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LB's
(03-24-2019, 12:04 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: To hold up in coverage Brown will have to play lighter.  Over his career he has graded out below average against the pass, and ran mid-4.8’s at the Combine.  No matter what he does he’s still going to be somewhat of a liability in the passing game.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/preston-brown?id=2543814

Really, what he has to be able to do is cover passes across the middle against run looks.  He's pretty adamant that he can hold his own in the passing game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Why not?  His ankle injury was NOT due to "frailness" it would have broken ANYONE'S ankle.  Hell, if anything, the extra rest should HELP his other injuries (back, etc)

He has not completed a full season since being drafted as a Cincinnati Bengal.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He has not completed a full season since being drafted as a Cincinnati Bengal.

Just think how hard the law of averages is working in his favor this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:36 PM)McC Wrote: Just think how hard the law of averages is working in his favor this year.

I hope the Bengals Manage Eifert on the field to lower risk of injury because he is one of the good guys and needs to complete a full season.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope the Bengals Manage Eifert on the field to lower risk of injury because he is one of the good guys and needs to complete a full season.  

3rd down and red zone only....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 05:00 PM)jason Wrote: 3rd down and red zone only....

I think so.  But it would mean the Bengals would have to draft another TE by round 5 in 2019.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope the Bengals Manage Eifert on the field to lower risk of injury because he is one of the good guys and needs to complete a full season.  

(03-24-2019, 05:00 PM)jason Wrote: 3rd down and red zone only....

You cant really do that. They just need to play him and hope he doesn't get injured just like every other player on the 53.

(03-24-2019, 05:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think so.  But it would mean the Bengals would have to draft another TE by round 5 in 2019.   

They need depth. They had their TE coach looking at Kahale Warring from SDSU he had a great combine and has peaked some interest.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 05:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think so.  But it would mean the Bengals would have to draft another TE by round 5 in 2019.   

I would think that'd be something you could almost count on.  And there are lots of candidates in the draft too.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: You cant really do that. They just need to play him and hope he doesn't get injured just like every other player on the 53.

They need depth. They had their TE coach looking at Kahale Warring from SDSU he had a great combine and has peaked some interest.

Warring is rated higher than Josh Oliver on some sites.  I really have not watched him play. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 10:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown is definitely a starter in the league. I think the question on him is if can be adequate in pass coverage. As a run stuffer, he's pretty good.

Vigil improved last year. As your 3rd best LB, he's ok. If he's your 1st or 2nd best...you're in trouble.

We still need that #1 guy though to make the group come together. At this point, White seems like the best solution. But, I don't know if the Bengals will draft a LB at 11.

well we might get a nice trade back at #11 if a team wants to take a risk on what most say is one of the weakest and unknown QB 1st round market in a while especially if we feel there is no LB available worth #11 pick.. I think are two top needs at LB and OT that at #11 they might not be there and be better to trade back and pick our LB or OT later in then teens.. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 07:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well we might get a nice trade back at #11 if a team wants to take a risk on what most say is one of the weakest and unknown QB 1st round market in a while especially if we feel there is no LB available worth #11 pick.. I think are two top needs at LB and OT that at #11 they might not be there and be better to trade back and pick our LB or OT later in then teens.. 

It's amazing. We still have the same needs going into the draft as we did going into free agency. And we spent a decent amount of money to not upgrade!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 08:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's amazing. We still have the same needs going into the draft as we did going into free agency. And we spent a decent amount of money to not upgrade!

We picked up a starter in Miller, no way I'm paying 12 mill to some of those lineman, I'm fine with dmtaking a OT in draft in 1st/2nd round.  I was hoping we grab a LB in FA but I also wanted Brown resigned, he has been a solid player, he played well against Indy early, injury but got him this year.
Reply/Quote
We have Brown and Vigil right now. Brown was looking good against both run and pass until he got hurt. Vigil had the problem that for a lot of the season he was effectively playing LB alone out there; with us running out goobers like Nickerson alongside him. As a result he was in a spot no LB could succeed in.

If we can draft ourselves a legit starting OLB in this draft then we will be running out Brown, Vigil and the pick. If everyone is healthy this could be solid.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 08:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We picked up a starter in Miller, no way I'm paying 12 mill to some of those lineman, I'm fine with dmtaking a OT in draft in 1st/2nd round.  I was hoping we grab a LB in FA but I also wanted Brown resigned, he has been a solid player, he played well against Indy early, injury but got him this year.

Miller was in and out of the Bills lineup for 3 of his 4 years there due to poor play. It will be interesting to see if the scheme we play here fits him. He tends to be better in a Power scheme and bad in a Zone scheme.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 09:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Miller was in and out of the Bills lineup for 3 of his 4 years there due to poor play. It will be interesting to see if the scheme we play here fits him. He tends to be better in a Power scheme and bad in a Zone scheme.

If he's not a penalty machine, human drive killer, he's already better than Redmond.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 09:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Miller was in and out of the Bills lineup for 3 of his 4 years there due to poor play. It will be interesting to see if the scheme we play here fits him. He tends to be better in a Power scheme and bad in a Zone scheme.

Regardless of personal evals of Miller, I believe with his high ranking last year overall they feel he is their starter  and lessens the need to draft at least a guard early which moves us more towards a LB at #11 unless a stud OT falls.. I think Bush from Mich will be that pick if available .. three down player with an aggressive attitude and motor.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was supposed to be a LB'ing guru but I digress. How many careers did Ray Lewis alter. Marvin, Billick Dilfer, Flacco , Harbaugh , All these people probably would have been irrelevant if it wasn't for Ray Lewis.
Reply/Quote