Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(09-02-2020, 09:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a fact.  The entire "broken window" model of lawenforcement is based on it.

Pulling over people with get out of jail free cards?

Quote:I don't nmind telling you.  Michael Reece, son of a prominate local family that owns Reece's Funeral Home and other businesses, got in an argument with his girlfriend.  When he left she called the police and reported that he was driving under the influence an in possession of illegal drugs.  Local city cop stopped him and did not even ask to search the vehicle.  Just let him go.  He then got into an accident on HYW 25-E.  A State Trooper worked the accident, charged him with DUI, and found his stash of narcotics.

So your claim is 100% BS.  Lots of cops let friends and family get away with breaking the law.  It happens all the time.  

But you didn't say that the cop in the story was a friend or family member

Quote:Next time you claim to know something based on your "friends in law enforcement" I'll remind you that your source is full of shit.  .  .  

Fred, I'm not going to put up with these types of personal attacks.  I've been very upfront about that.

Quote:.  .  .  and that "you stated it as a fact" LOL

Well, so far you've proven nothing except providing an anecdotal story that doesn't even fit your assertion of cops letting friends and family members go.  But you do seem very upset about something.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fred, I'm not going to put up with these types of personal attacks.  I've been very upfront about that.

I did nto mean to attack you.  Just the source you rely on.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, so far you've proven nothing except providing an anecdotal story that doesn't even fit your assertion of cops letting friends and family members go.  

It is all public record in Claiborne County.  So I have posted more than you did when you said I knew that police never let anyone go when they had probable cause for a search.

(09-02-2020, 09:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But you do seem very upset about something.

I am not the one complaining about "personal attacks" when I never said anything bad about you at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Pulling over people with get out of jail free cards?

No.  The "broken window" model of law enforcement is based on using even the smallest infractions to investigate for evidence of other criminal behavior.  Like pulling someone over for a seatbelt violation then asking permission to search the car.

I am surprised someone who claims to knw so much about law enforcement did not know this.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is all public record in Claiborne County.  So I have posted more than you did when you said I knew that police never let anyone go when they had probable cause for a search.

Except I never said that.  If you disagree simply produce the post.

Quote:I am not the one complaining about "personal attacks" when I never said anything bad about you at all.

No, you're the one making them, hence my thinking you might be upset.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The "broken window" model of law enforcement is based on using even the smallest infractions to investigate for evidence of other criminal behavior.  Like pulling someone over for a seatbelt violation then asking permission to search the car.

I am surprised someone who claims to knw so much about law enforcement did not know this.

Well, I do know that a person has to exit the vehicle when instructed by law enforcement, so there's that.  Your description of the broken windows model is, unfortunately, inaccurate as it omits a key detail.  It involves pulling people over of whom you have other suspicions and then using the initial stop as pretext to attempt a vehicle or personal search. 

I guess I did know after all.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The "broken window" model of law enforcement is based on using even the smallest infractions to investigate for evidence of other criminal behavior.  Like pulling someone over for a seatbelt violation then asking permission to search the car.

Are you sure that's what it means?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Color me stunned.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/us/kenosha-curfew-lawsuit-protests-jacob-blake/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-09-03T00%3A01%3A06&utm_medium=social

Quote:Kenosha protesters arrested for breaking curfew while police supporters were allowed to 'roam,' lawsuit says
By Melissa AlonsoSara Sidner and Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN

Updated 3:19 PM ET, Wed September 2, 2020

[Image: video_pinned_white_bg.jpg]

Reporter asks Trump to condemn Kenosha shooter. Watch his response 04:20

(CNN)Officials in Kenosha, Wisconsin, enforced their curfew selectively, targeting demonstrators protesting police brutality while allowing "militia members" and supporters of law enforcement to roam the street, a federal lawsuit alleges.

The curfew ended Wednesday, the mayor announced.

The civil rights lawsuit filed Tuesday comes after protesters took to Kenosha's streets decrying the police shooting of Jacob Blake earlier this month. A lawyer for Kenosha County and the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department called the lawsuit "entirely without merit."
[Image: 200831140323-01-riot-kitchen-food-truck-...us-169.jpg]

[/url]
Kenosha police arrested volunteers who were on their way to deliver food to protesters

"The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department has worked tirelessly to bring order back to the community and has been careful to protect the rights of all citizens throughout that process," attorney Sam Hall said, explaining he would seek immediate dismissal.

The four protesters named in the suit allege their constitutional rights, including their First Amendment right to peaceably assemble, were violated when they were arrested in Kenosha.

Over nine days, more than 150 peaceful protesters were arrested for violating curfew, but not a single pro-police demonstrator was arrested, the lawsuit alleges. It also claims that starting the curfew so early in the evening, at 7 p.m., "leaves no room for any free expression."

The plaintiffs demand a temporary restraining order against the city and Kenosha County and monetary damages. They also want the curfew ruled unconstitutional, according to the complaint.

City and county police "have used the curfew ordinance to silence the voices of those who peacefully demonstrate against police brutality while also allowing pro-police activists and militias to roam the streets without fear of arrest," plaintiffs' attorney Kim Motley said.

Kenosha Mayor John Antaramian said earlier this week he would relax the curfew Wednesday. Instead, without mentioning the lawsuit, he announced Wednesday that after consulting with law enforcement, he determined the curfew was no longer necessary as protests over the last several nights "have been relatively peaceful."

Two videos are mentioned in the complaint. In one, police are seen thanking "militia members," telling them, "Hey, thank you guys again" and "We appreciate you guys; we really do," according to the complaint.
[Image: 200829175357-01-jacob-blake-shooting-sat...us-169.jpg]

[url=https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/29/us/jacob-blake-shooting-saturday/index.html]Hundreds of protesters march with Jacob Blake's family demanding justice

The police and sheriff's deputies "can be heard providing support and supplies to the militia members while simultaneously enforcing the curfew against protesters," the complaint says.

"The video makes clear that there are two sets of laws -- one for those whose message the police support, and one for those whose message the police oppose," it says.

Many of the pro-police protesters carry weapons, "typified by Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old who murdered two peaceful demonstrators this week," according to the lawsuit.

The Antioch, Illinois, teenager faces two felony homicide charges, as well as a felony attempted homicide charge for wounding a third protester. Attorneys representing Rittenhouse say he opened fire in self-defense.

Neither the city nor the Kenosha Police Department immediately returned CNN's calls seeking comment.

The police welcomed the people who they thought were on their side and just added fuel to the fire.

My question above remains unanswered:  Why would an office WANT more armed people roaming the streets when people like the 17 year old wandered in?

I think we know why.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: The police welcomed the people who they thought were on their side and just added fuel to the fire.

My question above remains unanswered:  Why would an office WANT more armed people roaming the streets when people like the 17 year old wandered in?

I think we know why.

Then please, enlighten us.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, I do know that a person has to exit the vehicle when instructed by law enforcement, so there's that.  Your description of the broken windows model is, unfortunately, inaccurate as it omits a key detail.  It involves pulling people over of whom you have other suspicions and then using the initial stop as pretext to attempt a vehicle or personal search. 

I guess I did know after all.  ThumbsUp

The broken window model has nothing to do with "other suspicions".  It is just fishing for whatever they can find.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you sure that's what it means?

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The broken window model has nothing to do with "other suspicions".  It is just fishing for whatever they can find.

You'll do please forgive if I treat your opinion in this regard as slightly biased.  Regardless, my description is accurate.
Reply/Quote
So a lot of people have been whining about Rittenhouse not being killed by police (probably because he peacefully turned himself in) and claiming the police assassinated Reinhol. In fact, even one of our esteemed colleagues here heavily alluded to it. Well, here's a major difference between the hard evidence that shows Rittenhouse was just defending himself, versus the evidence that Reinhol targeted his victim and lay in wait for him (which btw, is an automatic murder one charge).

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/arrest-warrant-against-michael-reinoehl-for-2nd-degree-murder-unlawful-use-of-a-firearm-unsealed.html

So the antifa guy flat out lied about the circumstances of the shooting, color me shocked. Anyone want to try their hand at explaining this one away?
Reply/Quote
A really interesting text from the antifa murderer (yes, after seeing this new evidence I feel very comfortable calling him a murderer).

As part of the investigation, police learned that Reinoehl had sent a text message to his teenage son on Aug. 7 that read, “Sell me the gun for a quarter pound of weed and $100 I’m getting tired of this shit I need a piece now,” according to the affidavit.

A really upstanding guy. I wonder if we'll get posts from people talking about what a misguided, sad, person he was because he was a police explorer. Oh wait, that was Rittenhouse who got lambasted by several posters here. I don't recall seeing any negative posts about Reinoehl.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 02:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll do please forgive if I treat your opinion in this regard as slightly biased.  Regardless, my description is accurate.

No, your description is not accurate.

Some people say the broken window policy is just about ensuring order on a lower level to show that other crimes will not eb tolerated.  Some people claim it is to discover other larger crimes.   I have not seen anyone say that under the broken window policy the police only target people under suspicion of other specific criminal activity.

And I don't know anyone who has a more biased view regarding law enforcement than you.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I don't know anyone who has a more biased view regarding law enforcement than you.

Yeah you do, and you see him every time you look in the mirror.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(I did a quick search and I think this is where we were discussing how Trump doesn't help any of the protest/riots with what he says and tweets.   So I'll leave this one here.)

Here's another example of Trump "helping" by which I mean he lied to try and create fear and hatred.

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/10/08/militia-members-charged-plot-against-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer/5923650002/

Quote:Feds charge six militia members in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, court records show
Paul EganTresa Baldas
Detroit Free Press

[/url][url=http://twitter.com/share?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fnation%2F2020%2F10%2F08%2Fmilitia-members-charged-plot-against-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer%2F5923650002%2F&text=Feds%20charge%20six%20militia%20members%20in%20plot%20to%20kidnap%20Michigan%20Gov.%20Gretchen%20Whitmer%2C%20court%20records%20show&via=usatoday]
[Image: d394ad6b-19e3-46ba-a905-02cc82bf81e2-082...&auto=webp]

LANSING, Mich. — The federal government has charged six people with conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to newly unsealed court records.

The FBI became aware early in 2020, through social media, that a militia group was "discussing the violent overthrow of certain government and law enforcement components," and "agreed to take violent action," according to a sworn affidavit.

Members of the group, who were in the Kent County, Michigan, area, talked about "murdering ... tyrants" or "taking" a sitting governor, according to the affidavit.

The group met for field exercises and training this year, and one meeting on June 20 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was monitored by the FBI, the affidavit alleges.

Discussions included using 200 men to "storm" the state capitol building in Lansing, kidnap Whitmer and try her for treason, according to the affidavit.

"All of us can disagree about politics, but those disagreements should never, ever result in violence," said U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider in the Eastern District of Michigan. "The allegations in this complaint are deeply disturbing. We owe are thanks to the men and women of law enforcement who uncovered this plot and have worked so hard to protect Gov. Whitmer."

Charged in the U.S. District Court in the western district of Michigan are: Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris, and Brandon Caserta, according to a criminal complaint. They are charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to the complaint.

All are residents of Michigan except Croft, who is a resident of Delaware, the complaint alleges.

More than a dozen people from several states met in Dublin, Ohio on June 6 and talked about creating a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights, in which they could be self-sufficient. After that meeting, a militia group in Michigan was contacted.

The FBI used confidential informants as part of the investigation and has paid one of them more than $14,000, according to the affidavit.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
A private security guard shot a man in the head at a protest this weekend, killing him. Like the Rittenhouse situation, this was a completely unnecessary escalation. The victim was part of a conservative coalition assembled. At some point him and the security guard, who was hired by a media outlet, get into it with the victim slapping the guard and spraying mace at him. The guard retaliates by executing the man.

Hopefully he, like I hope with Rittenhouse, is brought to justice.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
An interesting update to the Rittenhouse story: https://waow.com/2020/11/09/gun-used-by-rittenhouse-in-kenosha-killings-was-bought-in-ladysmith-complaint-states/

Quote:KENOSHA COUNTY (WQOW) - The man who purchased the gun Kyle Rittenhouse allegedly used in shootings that killed two in Kenosha earlier this year is now facing charges and court documents show the gun was bought in Ladysmith.

Dominick Black, 19, is charged with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 causing death.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Court:

Black purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle from Ladysmith Ace Home Center up in Ladysmith on May 1, 2020.

The complaint says Black bought the gun with money from Rittenhouse with the intention of giving the gun to him.

Rittenhouse was 17 at the time and thus not of legal age to buy a gun in Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse and Black agreed the gun would be stored at Black's stepfather's home in Kenosha. The address of that home matches the address listed for Black on the criminal complaint.

On August 23, Jacob Blake was shot in Kenosha which led to protests and riots in the city.

During those events, Rittenhouse allegedly shot and killed two people and wounded another. He is charged with 1st degree intentional homicide, 1st degree reckless homicide, two counts of 1st degree recklessly endangering safety and one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Rittenhouse's attorneys have argued he was acting in self defense.

If convicted, Rittenhouse could spend the rest of his life in prison.

Black is facing 12 years in prison if convicted.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote