Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(08-26-2020, 12:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People think they have identified the white militia member who shot 4 unarmed protestors last night, killing 2, including one he shot point blank in the head.

They believe it is 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse. He is seen on video earlier in the night being thanked by cops for being there and given water.

He is later seen running from a guy throws a bag at him before turning around and shooting him in the head, killing him.

He later can be seen on video on ground as a number of protesters try to apprehend him. He then starts shooting at them, killing one of them.

He is later on video approaching the cops, armed, trying to get behind their lines.

There's video?  Does the video show him acting aggressively or in self defense?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People think they have identified the white militia member who shot 4 unarmed protestors last night, killing 2, including one he shot point blank in the head.

They believe it is 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse. He is seen on video earlier in the night being thanked by cops for being there and given water.

He is later seen running from a guy throws a bag at him before turning around and shooting him in the head, killing him.

He later can be seen on video on ground as a number of protesters try to apprehend him. He then starts shooting at them, killing one of them.

He is later on video approaching the cops, armed, trying to get behind their lines.

Saw that and hesitated to share because these kind of things have targeted the wrong person before.

However on the situation in general this is horrible.

But he'll be apprehended without incident I'm sure.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Mellow

Reply/Quote

[Image: EgVwxU4X0AACv1V?format=jpg&name=small][Image: EgVwxU2WkAIPCTZ?format=jpg&name=360x360]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

(08-26-2020, 01:20 PM)Dill Wrote: [Image: EgVwxU4X0AACv1V?format=jpg&name=small][Image: EgVwxU2WkAIPCTZ?format=jpg&name=360x360]

It's America's new favorite past time, trial by social media.  You do realize none of this indicates he is guilty of anything.  We certainly don't know all the facts, but what if this kid is guilty of nothing more than defending himself from attackers?  We've seen numerous examples of these riotous mobs attacking and severely beating people.

Also, if the "white militia members" weren't doing anything illegal, and in fact there's numerous examples of them protecting small businesses from being looted and burned, then why wouldn't the police treat them as law abiding citizens lending a hand?

https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-armed-residents-protecting-local-businesses-rioters-kenosha-wi-1527496

What horrible people.   Whatever

Now, if this kid went out and attacked people, and was not acting in self defense then he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.  But we don't know what happened yet, do we?  Although it appears the two of you have already made up your mind.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's America's new favorite past time, trial by social media.  You do realize none of this indicates he is guilty of anything.  We certainly don't know all the facts, but what if this kid is guilty of nothing more than defending himself from attackers?  We've seen numerous examples of these riotous mobs attacking and severely beating people.

Also, if the "white militia members" weren't doing anything illegal, and in fact there's numerous examples of them protecting small businesses from being looted and burned, then why wouldn't the police treat them as law abiding citizens lending a hand?

https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-armed-residents-protecting-local-businesses-rioters-kenosha-wi-1527496

Now, if this kid went out and attacked people, and was not acting in self defense then he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.  But we don't know what happened yet, do we?  Although it appears the two of you have already made up your mind.

Well, at the very least the kid is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor in Wisconsin. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, at the very least the kid is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor in Wisconsin. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60

My first thought was that he was carrying a firearm while under 18.  But what if that's all he's guilty of?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My first thought was that he was carrying a firearm while under 18.  But what if that's all he's guilty of?

I was just adding to the conversation that he was technically a criminal. Isn't that what we do about people being discussed as we determine how they should be seen by the public? Discuss their criminal acts?

I'm halfway facetious, here, but only halfway.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was just adding to the conversation that he was technically a criminal. Isn't that what we do about people being discussed as we determine how they should be seen by the public? Discuss their criminal acts?

I'm halfway facetious, here, but only halfway.

Well, a person's criminal conduct certainly says something about their character, does it not?  If I see someone looting a business or burning a patrol car does that not give me some insight into them as a person?  Would you engage in such acts?  I've only known you through this message board, but even so it's been well over ten years (which is crazy to think about), but my answer would be that, no, you are not that type of person.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's America's new favorite past time, trial by social media.  You do realize none of this indicates he is guilty of anything.  We certainly don't know all the facts, but what if this kid is guilty of nothing more than defending himself from attackers?  We've seen numerous examples of these riotous mobs attacking and severely beating people.

Like I said, it's alleged to be him based on photos on his Facebook (matching his face, build, weapon, and clothes) as well as a speeding ticket he got in Kenosha which links him to the area (he lives 30 minutes away in Illinois), but there's a few videos out on twitter.

The first I saw is him running from the first shooting saying to someone on the phone "I just killed someone". The second video showed the lead up. He's running as someone follows him and throws what looks like at a bag in his direction. When the guy approaches him, he shoots him in the head. The final video, after the first killing, shows him sitting on the ground with a crowd around him, unarmed. He shoots 3 people in front of him, killing 1. There's a video of him noting that protestors have "non-lethals" but they have "lethals".

Without further context, people could argue he's acting in self defense. Then again, why was he in the middle of an unarmed protest brandishing a weapon and if you just watched him kill an unarmed person, would you have reason to want to take his weapon from him?

I'll continue to refrain from using "murder", but this situation, a white militia member illegally carrying, killing unarmed people, and then not being apprehended only fuels the protests. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Although it appears the two of you have already made up your mind.

Wait, did you just make up your mind about my mind because I posted a photo of the suspect?

Anyway, what I really wanted to ask is:

are you saying people should not make up their mind in advance on issues as a GENERAL principle, or is that just applicable to cases when police are accused?

Asking for a friend in Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:09 PM)Dill Wrote: Wait, did you just make up your mind about my mind because I posted a photo of the suspect?

Nope, hence the use of the word "appears".

Quote:Anyway, what I really wanted to ask is:

are you saying people should not make up their mind in advance on issues as a GENERAL principle, or is that just applicable to cases when police are accused?

In general.  Also, is this kid a police officer?  He seems kind of young to be eligible to apply.

Quote:Asking for a friend in Seattle.

Tell your friend in Seattle we had plenty of evidence to draw a conclusion in their case.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, a person's criminal conduct certainly says something about their character, does it not?  If I see someone looting a business or burning a patrol car does that not give me some insight into them as a person?  Would you engage in such acts?  I've only known you through this message board, but even so it's been well over ten years (which is crazy to think about), but my answer would be that, no, you are not that type of person.

I could get really philosophical in a response to this, but I'll refrain from it. LOL

Reply/Quote
when your school is no longer a viable target....
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: when your school is no longer a viable target....

Ooohhhhh.  The first cut is the deepest. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, at the very least the kid is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor in Wisconsin. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60

Whoever illegally bought the minor a gun and allowed them to carry it across state lines (where it is also illegal for him to posses it and carry it) is gonna at least face a nasty civil suit from the families of those he shot/killed. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Whoever illegally bought the minor a gun and allowed them to carry it across state lines (where it is also illegal for him to posses it and carry it) is gonna at least face a nasty civil suit from the families of those he shot/killed. 

The kid's not from WI?  If the case is ruled self defense then I don't know what their chances would be in civil court.
Reply/Quote
Is it self defense if a crowd is chasing you because you shot and killed someone and you shoot and kill them?

I suppose those who rather enjoy vigilantly justice only when it comes from the 2A/Blue Lives Matter crowd would suggest that he "feared for his life" while ignoring the act that caused the crowd to follow him.  After all he is "allowed" to escalate in such a case!  But how does one "escalate" from killing someone?  Why, shoot two more people!

Very interesting coming from the same crowd that wants you to believe George Floyd died because he "resisted" and Breonna Taylor *might* have been the one to shoot when the police broke into the wrong home and killed her.  

"Personal responsibility" and all that.

I mean we don't KNOW that he didn't shoot all of those people in self-defense.  

It will be interesting to see how it plays out in real life and without the spin.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My first thought was that he was carrying a firearm while under 18.  But what if that's all he's guilty of?

He's wearing USA flag crocks in one of his pictures, that should be illegal.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 04:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is it self defense if a crowd is chasing you because you shot and killed someone and you shoot and kill them?

No.

Quote:I suppose those who rather enjoy vigilantly justice only when it comes from the 2A/Blue Lives Matter crowd would suggest that he "feared for his life" while ignoring the act that caused the crowd to follow him.  After all he is "allowed" to escalate in such a case!  But how does one "escalate" from killing someone?  Why, shoot two more people!

Calm yourself.  What if he was attacked and killed the first person in self defense?  You're acting like all the facts are in on this case, they are not.

Quote:Very interesting coming from the same crowd that wants you to believe George Floyd died because he "resisted" and Breonna Taylor *might* have been the one to shoot when the police broke into the wrong home and killed her.  

Who on this board has made either of those two claims?  Your propensity to falsely accuse others of making vile statements is childish and it needs to stop.

Quote:"Personal responsibility" and all that.

Start with "personally" not lying about (or alluding to) what people on this board have claimed or said.

Quote:I mean we don't KNOW that he didn't shoot all of those people in self-defense.  

Uh, exactly.  What would have happened if the dude in Portland who got field goal kicked in the face was armed?  He probably would have shot someone when he was attacked.

Quote:It will be interesting to see how it plays out in real life and without the spin.

The only person putting any spin on this story so far is you, so kindly try practicing what you preach.
Reply/Quote