Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LT thinks the Steelers are the best team in the AFC
(12-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Earendil Wrote: Perhaps it changed.  I live in Colorado, so I'm only going by what I've heard.

I think the high winds got pushed back with the rain (until Sunday night/Monday). Who knows, though.  Weather can be so wonky in town, particularly right on the river.

I just hope we go Conan the Barbarian on the Steelers and the wind carries the sounds to my ears (What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women (or anyone with a terrible towel. :p)).
Reply/Quote
I don't get the Pittsburgh love, I really don't. It seems like there is such blind homersim regarding that team, its fricken pathetic.

We are 10-2, the number 1 seed in the AFC, and yet still, its pretty much unanimous that Dalton (even though he is in the middle of an mvp caliber season) will make the same old mistakes and this team will lose to the Steelers because "That's just how it is".

I'm tired of hearing about Big Ben and how magical he is.

I'm tired of hearing how Pittsburgh just 'owns' the Cincinnati Bengals.

I'm tired of every black and yellow ****** who thinks Pittsburgh "just is the best", without any sort of logical reasoning to back it up. We beat them at their own house, yet they still will find some reason to discredit that, building up false hope.

Destroy them, please.

Destroy every pathetic Steeler sympathizer and every pathetic Bengal detractor.

I hope Badger Dalton shows up and puts up some numbers.

It won't matter because "The Bengals ALWAYS lose in the playoffs". That's what every Pitt fan will be telling their fat wives as they drive home from the loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't get the Pittsburgh love, I really don't. It seems like there is such blind homersim regarding that team, its fricken pathetic.

We are 10-2, the number 1 seed in the AFC, and yet still, its pretty much unanimous that Dalton (even though he is in the middle of an mvp caliber season) will make the same old mistakes and this team will lose to the Steelers because "That's just how it is".

I'm tired of hearing about Big Ben and how magical he is.

I'm tired of hearing how Pittsburgh just 'owns' the Cincinnati Bengals.

I'm tired of every black and yellow ****** who thinks Pittsburgh "just is the best", without any sort of logical reasoning to back it up. We beat them at their own house, yet they still will find some reason to discredit that, building up false hope.

Destroy them, please.

Destroy every pathetic Steeler sympathizer and every pathetic Bengal detractor.

I hope Badger Dalton shows up and puts up some numbers.

It won't matter because "The Bengals ALWAYS lose in the playoffs". That's what every Pitt fan will be telling their fat wives as they drive home from the loss.

[Image: ThatIsAwesomeOldSchool_zps7a18cbe6.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 05:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They aren't even the best in the AFC-N. And I'm disregarding records, too.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000596778/Best-team-in-AFC

If they come in and beat the Bengals in their house, you can make an argument for them being top 2-3.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 11:09 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Wrong team..

Who then? Chiefs?

2-4 against teams with winning records.

No other 7-5 team beat a 10-2 team this season. Both have losing records against winning teams. Period.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 12:52 PM)Earendil Wrote: There are supposed to be 45 mph winds during the game.  The deep ball is going to be hard for both teams.

That's great news b/c Ben has one of the best long passes in the league. It's seriously a thing of beauty how accurate he can be on long passes. Yeah, he is a douchebag but let's keep it real. 

Strong winds? Advantage Bengals' D Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 03:00 AM)Utts Wrote: If they come in and beat the Bengals in their house, you can make an argument for them being top 2-3.

Sure, but LT makes that statement without seeing that game.

Bengals are sending them packing dude, and out of the playoff race too. That's the surprising part. a 7-6 Steelers team is going to have trouble making the playoffs, but they're the best in the AFC, xD. I would guarantee a win if Pacman's foot wasn't in a boot. Bengals going to have to run the score up now.

Sweeping the "best team in the AFC" is only going to give the Bengals more confidence and will propel them to their first playoff win after a bye. This game is big.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe LT can't read the standings, too many concussions or something.  Not only are they NOT the best team in the AFC, they may not even be in the play-offs. ...Steelers are going to Disneyland, before the play-offs even start.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 02:07 AM)kevin Wrote: Maybe LT can't read the standings, too many concussions or something.  Not only are they NOT the best team in the AFC, they may not even be in the play-offs. ...They are going to Disneyland !!!!, before the play-offs even start.

I don't like defending the Steelers, but you can argue this the other way too. The Steelers have a great record, considering the adversity they faced early on. Now the Bengals are facing some adversity ... can they overcome it and beat a surging Steelers team? We shall see...
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
LT is a pole smoker. The Steelers are no better than 3rd in the conference....more likely 4th....and possibly 5th. They get inflated by media and fans because they have a winning history and a few star offensive players.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 12:37 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: LT is a pole smoker. The Steelers are no better than 3rd in the conference....more likely 4th....and  possibly 5th.  They get inflated by media and fans because they have a winning history and a few star offensive players.

If they don't make the play-offs, they aren't even in the top 6 in the AFC. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Steelers are one of the best 7-5 teams in many years. Like I said, they lost 2 or 3 key players and are still in the thick of it. The bengals fans that are predicting an easy win for them just baffles me. The steelers pretty much own the bengals, especially at PBS. And havent won handily against pitt in probably 20 plus years
Reply/Quote
????
Reply/Quote
??? Did dalton and eifert get hurt?

I'm asking a serious question here: are you on any medication Fresno?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: ??? Did dalton and eifert get hurt?

I'm asking a serious question here: are you on any medication Fresno?

What happened to your predictions bro? Way off. I understand being a fan and all but sometimes you gotta be real with yourself. Wink
Reply/Quote
Haha.... Gotta give respect where it's due.

As usual, the Steelers have our number.

Now, we just sit back and see if we can even wrap up the division.

Reply/Quote