Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La’el Collins injury
I dislocated my knee cap twice in college (it was on the side of my knee). It was excruciating but I was able to put back in place both times. After exams the only real damage I had was torn cartilage and stretched ligaments (minor). The real issue was the swelling and stiffness that had me on crutches for a week. After that, all was good. The doctor said the only future problem would be easier dislocations and possible declining lubrication in my later years. Hopefully, Collins just had a simple dislocation.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm not surprised that Adeniji is getting the snaps for Collins, being that Prince was injured early in the season. That said, I didn't think Prince was as atrocious as others on the line last season. Honestly, Prince's biggest weakness seems to be that he had to play next to Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:40 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I dislocated my knee cap twice in college (it was on the side of my knee). It was excruciating but I was able to put back in place both times. After exams the only real damage I had was torn cartilage and stretched ligaments (minor). The real issue was the swelling and stiffness that had me on crutches for a week. After that, all was good. The doctor said the only future problem would be easier dislocations and possible declining lubrication in my later years. Hopefully, Collins just had a simple dislocation.

I can only imagine how many issues LC will have in his later years.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna have to re-watch before declaring but Adeniji didn't seem to give up much heat from his side. I only watched him a couple times but he looked solid when i did. 

On one play,he gave up a sack by not finishing his block.Adeniji had him blocked well,but then just stopped,as thought he thought the play ended and the guy got away from him.Other than that though ,I thought he done a good job.He has definitely picked up his game this year.
This team has some really good depth.
Reply/Quote
Good news for Collins.Adeniji is playing better,and that’s good news.
Reply/Quote
Did Williams reinjure his knee because he was brutal today.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:56 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Did Williams reinjure his knee because he was brutal today.

To be honest, I thought Williams played OK considering he went against Judon for most of the game. Coming into this week, I heard on a podcast that the Pats were the only team with two DEs with 10 or more sacks.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: To be honest, I thought Williams played OK considering he went against Judon for most of the game. Coming into this week, I heard on a podcast that the Pats were the only team with two DEs with 10 or more sacks.

Jonah has played very well as of late.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Ouch, but glad his season isn't over. Not his biggest fan, but don't want that for him.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He passed away about 5 years ago

No, he became the king of England..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 09:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: No, he became the king of England..

No Im talking about THE prince…not that Euro-trash Charles.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't remember now if it was 2 or 3 years ago. People, including Lap, were impressed with his footwork @RT but he just wasn't big enough at the time. 

If Collins is out, i'm not too worried at this point with HA at RT. <--how scary do 4 of those letters look together? Ninja

Woof, that is scary, let's just call him Hakeem or Adeniji shall we?

(12-24-2022, 07:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly shocked. Between how he went down and what it looked like on the replay, I was all but positive it was worst case scenario there.

Same here, thought it was the end of his season for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Woof, that is scary, let's just call him Hakeem or Adeniji shall we?

Same here, thought it was the end of his season for sure.

Truck used to like to call CJ Uzomah Ceej, so i'm going with Deej for Adeniji. 

After all, i am the 'nickname admin'.   Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Truck used to like to call CJ Uzomah Ceej, so i'm going with Deej for Adeniji. 

Don't know man lol  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He passed away about 5 years ago

Still on the PS. 
Reply/Quote
Great news on Collins. Maybe missing a week due to the knee will help the hip/back some.

Hopefully Hurst gets back next week.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Truck used to like to call CJ Uzomah Ceej, so i'm going with Deej for Adeniji. 

I concur 

Reply/Quote
So weird that the Bengals have had 3 players dislocate their knee caps this season.

Jonah Williams- lost no time
Jeff Gunter-out 2 weeks

now
Collins-expected to miss 1 week. But, with the 9 day gap between games who knows?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bad hip, bad back, and now a bad knee

Nobody should be comfortable with this guy starting at RT right now

Wow, empathy gene eluded you.

I am glad to see any player not suffer a severe injury.

I hope he is OK and Adeniji plays well in his absence.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote