Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La’el Collins injury
If Adeniji proves to be as bad as last year Id try moving Cappa to RT and put Sharping in at RG.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 04:59 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Can Cappa play RT?

I'd like to know why Daryl Williams is still unsigned. Dude had an "off' year last year and only earned a 67.5 according to PFF. That grade would currently rank him #2 on our oline only behind Cappa's 67.8. In 2020 dude rated 79.4
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals crack medical staff does it again.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Brutal diagnosis.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to know why Daryl Williams is still unsigned. Dude had an "off' year last year and only earned a 67.5 according to PFF. That grade would currently rank him #2 on our oline only behind Cappa's 67.8. In 2020 dude rated 79.4

That's a good question. It seems like we're really thin at most OL positions. And our backups have seen such little playing time this year. Seems pretty scary to put them in there.  I'd take me some Daryl Williams for sure if he's ready to play. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Bengals crack medical staff does it again.

Stop it. The same thing happened with the Bills and Von Miller. Please let the old and tired narratives just die. The medical staff has done an excellent job with the injuries this season. They got key pieces like Chase and Reader back almost exactly when predicted.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to know why Daryl Williams is still unsigned. Dude had an "off' year last year and only earned a 67.5 according to PFF. That grade would currently rank him #2 on our oline only behind Cappa's 67.8. In 2020 dude rated 79.4

I'd have to think that we'll be looking at someone, even if for just a backup.

I find it hard to believe they won't bring in Williams or even some old guy that has been staying in shape that can be serviceable for the last two games and the playoffs.

With how much this team has evolved, I'll be pissed if we don't at least make an attempt to bring a guy in.
Reply/Quote
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. They’re going to roll with Adeniji.

Reply/Quote
Has to be a call in to Whit

He’s already said in theory he would come out one retirement he wouldn’t rape us for a contract, the chance of another ring.

I think he would at least pick up the phone.
Reply/Quote
Also LC is one double touch bastard to walk off under his own steam.

He might not have been the man that we expected play wise this year but to do that much damage he’s the definition of “Glass eater”
Reply/Quote
Can’t bring him back after this. Knees, hips, back...
Reply/Quote
Ricky Wagner is only 33. Had a great 2019 and 2020 with Detroit and Green Bay, respectively. Surprised he's been unsigned since, unless he has unofficially retired. Maybe he'll go ring chasing?
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
I think Collins is done after this. Sucks man
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Can’t bring him back after this. Knees, hips, back...

This is probably a more realistic comment than people want to admit. His injury history was already concerning, and an ACL and MCL tear in a man of his size could end his career, or significantly derail it.

OT is probably our #1 off-season priority outside of re-signing our guys.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:17 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Has to be a call in to Whit

He’s already said in theory he would come out one retirement he wouldn’t rape us for a contract, the chance of another ring.

I think he would at least pick up the phone.

Yeah, Whit didn't rule it out...and he's very good friends with Joe. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is probably a more realistic comment than people want to admit. His injury history was already concerning, and an ACL and MCL tear in a man of his size could end his career, or significantly derail it.

OT is probably our #1 off-season priority outside of re-signing our guys.

They were very smart in how they did his contract, which made it fairly easy to move on if needed.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Can’t bring him back after this. Knees, hips, back...

Petty solid point.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Can’t bring him back after this. Knees, hips, back...

He is signed for multiple years after this, on a not outrageous deal, and has some significant, but not overwhelming dead cap (we'd only save $4.3 mil by cutting him next year, good luck getting a good RT for that). 

The statementon his injury said 7 month timeline. Only an estimate, but that is a bit on the shorr side fir an ACL +MCL tear.  Which leads me to believe the damage is not super extensive. If he is back by August, that is a win (from where we are now, anyway). 

Since he is obviously on IR, I'd expect a roster move. Though we coukd just elevate Prince. Though Smith & Carman have BOTH been inactive most weeks. That certainly will change. A call to Whit might be worth it, but he'd have to play for peanuts, and move to RT. Another vet not out of the question.  But I think we roll with Adeniji for at least 1 week. 
Reply/Quote
Dang LC was playing up and down - but I think we'll miss his toughness! Whitworth return?
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
I'd love for the bengals to call Big Whit for the run.

Adeniji is buttcheeks. I can't beleive i'm sayinfg this, but maybe it's time to put Jakcson in at his college position.
Reply/Quote