Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell cut
(08-02-2018, 06:54 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I know you will think I am crazy, but does anyone else think Tate might make a great TE? His speed will never make him an elite deep threat but his his size and huge hands could make for a nice reliable short target. All I have read about him is that he is great on contested passes and route running. Perhaps some blocking coaching and added weight might take the pressure of having to rely on Eifert. I believe he played some TE at Florida State. Who wouldn't want a 6'5" TE that could man up against LBs?

This has been brought up about Auden playing TE, but no mention of it from the coaches. I am sure because Tate
has never really been a blocker on the Line and kind of have to do that playing TE. The coaches from what i have
heard have just said he is a WR and that is it.

We better use this guy in the Red Zone is all i know, dude is blessed down there with his hands, catch radius and
the way he goes up for the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 07:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This has been brought up about Auden playing TE, but no mention of it from the coaches. I am sure because Tate
has never really been a blocker on the Line and kind of have to do that playing TE. The coaches from what i have
heard have just said he is a WR and that is it.

We better use this guy in the Red Zone is all i know, dude is blessed down there with his hands, catch radius and
the way he goes up for the ball.

That's a shame. The guy was only a junior when he was drafted and could be a great TE future project.

I agree, great hands and his fight for the ball. The issues would be his learning curve for blocking as well as putting on a good 20-25 pounds of bulk without effecting his speed, routes, etc.

That being said, I trust the experts. Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 04:31 PM)motoarch Wrote: Quote is Literally the first post

Sorry I wasted 3 seconds of your day. You are correct, I missed it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 07:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry I wasted 3 seconds of your day. You are correct, I missed it

I didn’t mean to come off as rude. I was legitimately trying to help. It probably came off rude cause I capitalized the word literally by mistake. Just now noticed it.
Reply/Quote
Saw this coming when Marvin mentioned that LaFell is feeling the heat. I thought Core and Ross were in similar role but Ross has more speed. Tate is unique in his role and is a larger version of J. Simpson with acrobatic catches. Tate has hands of steel. I don't think Tate would last long on practice squad. As I stated before, Tate will make the 53 roster. I think at this point, Core is the odd man out.

I think another vet or two will be cut. Maybe MJ if Hubbard brings it during preseason and Brown is healthy. MJ brings positive influence in the locker room, so he may stick. I also think Wilson will be cut now that Walton is here.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 08:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Saw this coming when Marvin mentioned that LaFell is feeling the heat.  I thought Core and Ross was in similar role but  Ross has more speed.  Tate is unique in his role and is a larger version of J. Simpson with acrobatic catches.  Tate has hands of steel.  I don't think Tate would last long on practice squad.  As I stated before, Tate will make the 53 roster.  I think at this point, Core is the odd man out.  

I think another vet or two will be cut.  Maybe MJ if Hubbard brings it during preseason and Brown is healthy.  MJ brings positive influence in the locker room, so he may stick.  I also think Wilson will be cut now that Walton is here.

Core scored 2 TD's today and Brandon Wilson got a pick.

Gonna be some tough cuts but i think both these guys still have a shot especially Wilson who is so versatile,
especially on ST's which we all know is a big deal around here. Walton we know will make the team as you
say...

Damn tough cuts this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The same people constantly criticize the organization no matter what they do. "LaFell didn't want to be here"..... BS, Joe is on the back end of his career and saw the writing on the wall with the emergence of Ross and Malone, and wanted to be released to have a chance to go elsewhere. If he thought he was still going to be here, you can bet he'd be here. And, it was a class move on the Bengal's part to go ahead and release him, to give him other opportunities as receivers get injured around the camps. Nothing to be "embarrassed" about, nothing but class on both parties parts. Thankful for LaFell's time here, he upgraded the room. 

I agree. They got this one right.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for your effort while in Cincy Brandon. Good luck to you where ever you land (unless it's shitsburgh - and I wish you good health and 0-16!)
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: The original tweet says they have been basically begging for his release for some time now.

The point was we all knew he should have been cut. We've been debating it all offseason. Not sure what that has to do with Earl Thomas. A guy in his prime that no fan was saying needed to be cut.

Any team will hang on to a guy "just in case". I'm sure the Bengals and LaFell knew his time was running out. He simply asked to be released earlier than the Bengals had planned to, and they decided to grant him his wish. 

I don't really see how you can say anything bad about the FO on this one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Then you should be very happy with the FO.

This is one more change in 2018 of operating differently in a good way. I stated in another thread, we are too loyal honoring contracts, at times we need to cut players or ask them to take pay cuts (MJ is prime person to ask in 2018).

So kudos to the FO

So far, short of the Marv re-hire, it's hard to complain about any move they've made. It's certainly been the kind of off season fans have been wanting for a long time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So far, short of the Marv re-hire, it's hard to complain about any move they've made. It's certainly been the kind of off season fans have been wanting for a long time. 

Completely agree with you here Rfaulk. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Absolutely....
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So far, short of the Marv re-hire, it's hard to complain about any move they've made. It's certainly been the kind of off season fans have been wanting for a long time. 

It sure is !
Reply/Quote

Almost like hope for “The Castaways “ on Gillian’s Island. Although, that’s a bad example. They experienced the Bengals fans season at the end of ever episode.

Reply/Quote
I was very surprised when I read about the release this morning. This team is acting like it wants to be viewed as a competent franchise.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nothing is final Yet.. But Lafell off the roster the chances of Tate being in the Top 6 WRs is much better.

Gotta think if core had been shining in practice so far (last year)  he would have gotten some more shots..

Only WRs I haven't heard of making plays in TC so far is Core and Lafell.
Well 2tds in Thursday practice by Core I think we just heard him
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:37 AM)pally Wrote: I could see New England or Cleveland as landing spots. Hue could use a stable veteran inside his WR room

Bills makes more sense
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:44 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This team is acting like it wants to be viewed as a competent franchise.

[Image: 1380927081_28459-Kramer-scared-gif-jIsA.gif]

Reply/Quote
I wonder why they didn't trade him to the Bills for a starting RT. They seem to want all our garbage.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 04:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well 2tds in Thursday practice by Core I think we just heard him

It's about time.  Cut bait already....it's been 3 years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote