Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell cut
(08-04-2018, 01:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Didn't they pay him a roster bonus earlier this year?

They could have just cut him then...

I'm so confused haha.

From what I understand, the young dudes have stepped up their game and are looking great. LaFell saw this, and asked them to release him. They eventually granted his wish. I liked LaFell. But glad the Bengals gave him his wish. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 01:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Didn't they pay him a roster bonus earlier this year?

They could have just cut him then...

I'm so confused haha.

Why cut him before camp.. too many question marks on how the young WRs were going to perform.. plus unknown injuries.  Count up the total professional catches these WRs have.. it probably is less than Lafells total for his 1st year here.... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn.... I just bought a Brandon LaFell jersey.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 04:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We had little production across the board last year with offense so bad plus navy was take a few years to be productive plus he did well on specials which its major when you are 5/ 6 Wr.

That's fair enough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 04:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: a Lot of the fan base seems to immediately turn on a guy as soon as they are off the team.. If not before.

Thank the guy for his time and effort here... And move on to who we have.

Some fans seem to think that if a player hasn't been to the probowl x number of times he must be the worst player in the league. It doesn't take much for some fans to turn on a player. One dropped pass, one missed tackle or one mistake of any magnitude and that player is forever garbage until the next big play and suddenly they've always been his biggest supporter..  Go figure, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's fair enough.

Now.. if Tate can perform on specials and can show separation off the line, he will need that with the lack of speed he has as a WR.. I think it is 50/50 with him and Core, but if Tate is out extensive with concussion, I see him going practice squad.. he has to get reps in the preseason to stick.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 06:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Loved the signing at the time, but didn't want him signed to a 2nd contract.

The first contract was a bargain, and I felt that way when it happened.

The 2nd contract (2 years, $9 million) wasn't as much of a bargain, and I felt a better player could've been found at a similar price.

(08-03-2018, 07:07 PM)Benton Wrote: Same here.

And, at that point, I thought it would be better to spend that time developing a fix. But a good signing when we made the first one.

(08-03-2018, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree and you and i Shake defended Lafell a lot on here.

Pretty much agree with everything mentioned here. He doesn't pop off of the screen, but he brought his lunch pale to work everyday, and every game. Hard to knock a guy that plays every week. Time for the young guys to break out!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 12:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Now.. if Tate can perform on specials and can show separation off the line, he will need that with the lack of speed he has as a WR.. I think it is 50/50 with him and Core, but if Tate is out extensive with concussion, I see him going practice squad.. he has to get reps in the preseason to stick.

Tate should be back next week. he wont last 2 weeks on the practice.WR needy teams are aware of his upside. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 01:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate should be back next week. he wont last 2 weeks on the practice.WR needy teams are aware of his upside. 

I dont care if he is picked off practice squad, I care about what is going to make us a better team this year. besides Core will not last either on practice squad 
Reply/Quote
Teams that needed WRS drafted the players they wanted to work with and develope.  Tate would have to blow up in some preseason games for teams to take him over some guy they drafted ahead of him and have already been working with.

Nothing has changed about Tate since he was the 32nd WR taken in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Core will not last either on practice squad 

Core has been on the roster for a couple of years.  I don't know if he is eligible for PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 01:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate should be back next week. he wont last 2 weeks on the practice.WR needy teams are aware of his upside. 

Agreed.

(08-04-2018, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Teams that needed WRS drafted the players they wanted to work with and develope.  Tate would have to blow up in some preseason games for teams to take him over some guy they drafted ahead of him and have already been working with.

Nothing has changed about Tate since he was the 32nd WR taken in the draft.

Except him schooling some of our best Corners in TC and scoring TD's all over the place.

(08-04-2018, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Core has been on the roster for a couple of years.  I don't know if he is eligible for PS.

Think you are correct on that one.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:21 AM)Trademark Wrote:

Well I certainly was wrong about this one. The young guys must really be impressing the coaches for them to being willing to let LaFell go before any preseason games.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 02:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why cut him before camp.. too many question marks on how the young WRs were going to perform.. plus unknown injuries.  Count up the total professional catches these WRs have.. it probably is less than Lafells total for his 1st year here.... 

Brandon LaFell's time as a Bengal:
2016 - 64 catches
2017 - 52 catches
----------------------
Total - 116 catches

Rest of WRs:
Tyler Boyd (2 years) - 76 catches
Cody Core (2 years) - 17 catches
Alex Erickson (2 years) - 18 catches
John Ross (1 year) - 0 catches
--------------------------------------
Total - 111 catches

So in actuality, the combo of Boyd, Core, and Erickson over two years totaled about the same as LaFell in that same time span. Boyd I think will fill LaFell's shoes nicely. People forget he had 54 receptions as a rookie. I fully expect him to be 50+ again this upcoming season barring a big injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 01:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well I certainly was wrong about this one. The young guys must really be impressing the coaches for them to being willing to let LaFell go before any preseason games.

:andy:

(08-07-2018, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Brandon LaFell's time as a Bengal:
2016 - 64 catches
2017 - 52 catches
----------------------
Total - 116 catches

Rest of WRs:
Tyler Boyd (2 years) - 76 catches
Cody Core (2 years) - 17 catches
Alex Erickson (2 years) - 18 catches
John Ross (1 year) - 0 catches
--------------------------------------
Total - 111 catches

So in actuality, the combo of Boyd, Core, and Erickson over two years totaled about the same as LaFell in that same time span. Boyd I think will fill LaFell's shoes nicely. People forget he had 54 receptions as a rookie. I fully expect him to be 50+ again this upcoming season barring a big injury.

Thanks for this Ocho, definately isn't the most inexperienced WR core we have had. Tons of talent.

Liking our new WR coach in Bicknell. It was just time to get our other WR's more snaps to gain that experience.
Reply/Quote
Well, now that they cut JoJo, Ross better stop with the drops.... seems he's dropping a lot of passes in camp now.
Reply/Quote