Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell cut
(08-02-2018, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yo, yes, remember he is a Noles fan too. I have always liked them myself since Charlie Ward was QB...

Just not a die hard like i am a Bengals fan.

With Auden's catch radius it would be insanely stupid not to use him in the RZ. I don't think Lazor is stupid.

I want Tate to make the 53 probably worse than I ever have any late round pick. I just think the guy is a pure red zone, possession receiving demon !

He just gets the job done, you can't underestimate what those guys bring to the table.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's about time.  Cut bait already....it's been 3 years.

I wished we had moved on from LaFell last season and given that time to the younger guys. I still think Core is a decent receiver, and he does well in camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 05:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Been watching them longer than you, did not expect that. 

But my Dad took me to watch Florida State every time they played Louisville in the 70's.

Always telling me to take note of Bobby Bowden because he would be a great one. 

But during all those drum-ings I somehow became a Cardinal fan instead.

I wasn't born until '76. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: I wished we had moved on from LaFell last season and given that time to the younger guys. I still think Core is a decent receiver, and he does well in camp.

That's a good point.  Core kinda reminds me of the hype surrounding Binns.....all world camp player, ghost come opening day.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think it's embarrassing.
I think the FO saw LaFell as insurance in case one of the young guys went down in preseason.
I expected he'd probably get released based on the glowing reports of other WRs out of TC but I thought it would have happened later in preseason.
I'm glad LaFell will have an opportunity to latch onto a new team before preseason games begin.

This! Now two of the young WRs are down as of yesterday. Best of luck to him. He was a class act and player while in stripes. Saving 3 mill helps as far as putting money into the Geno/Carlos fund.

Some of y'all clearly have some misguided dislike for LaFell.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: I wished we had moved on from LaFell last season and given that time to the younger guys. I still think Core is a decent receiver, and he does well in camp.

Solid point Benton, but that's not usually the way our FO does things, and those kids just weren't ready. They may flash this upcoming season, but that still remains to be seen.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a good point.  Core kinda reminds me of the hype surrounding Binns.....all world camp player, ghost come opening day.

(08-03-2018, 12:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Solid point Benton, but that's not usually the way our FO does things, and those kids just weren't ready. They may flash this upcoming season, but that still remains to be seen.

I've never really figured it out. My opinion was always that Marvin preferred the "consistency" with vets (in quotes there because there's no way to really guess an unknown's consistency until it becomes a known). But then sometimes those players don't ever catch on anywhere else, either (and, in fairness, sometimes they do).

Whatever the reasoning there, I still think the best way to develop a player is in game. Camps and all are great, but a guy can't really show you what he is until he's lined up against someone trying as hard as he is.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I want Tate to make the 53 probably worse than I ever have any late round pick. I just think the guy is a pure red zone, possession receiving demon !

He just gets the job done, you can't underestimate what those guys bring to the table.

So true, Auden looks faster out there then i thought too. Matchup nightmare and we have some damn good Corners.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wasn't born until '76. Wink

I have socks and underwear older than you.... I guess it's time to buy new ones!!  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This! Now two of the young WRs are down as of yesterday. Best of luck to him. He was a class act and player while in stripes. Saving 3 mill helps as far as putting money into the Geno/Carlos fund.

Some of y'all clearly have some misguided dislike for LaFell.

I never understood that either. The guy did his job, wasn't flashy but did what he was suppose to do. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Some of y'all clearly have some misguided dislike for LaFell.

Some, but not all. Lafell was a quiet guy who did his job and was dependable. I will miss his contribution and wish him the best.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 02:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I never understood that either. The guy did his job, wasn't flashy but did what he was suppose to do. 

a Lot of the fan base seems to immediately turn on a guy as soon as they are off the team.. If not before.

Thank the guy for his time and effort here... And move on to who we have.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's about time.  Cut bait already....it's been 
We had little production across the board last year with offense so bad plus navy was take a few years to be productive plus he did well on specials which its major when you are 5/ 6 Wr.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 02:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I never understood that either. The guy did his job, wasn't flashy but did what he was suppose to do. 

I thought he did a good job the last two seasons, as he was not a reason the offense was terrible.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I often criticize the way the Bengals handle free agency, but the 2016 signing of LaFell was a home run. We got 64 receptions and 862 yards for just $2.5 million.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 04:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I thought he did a good job the last two seasons, as he was not a reason the offense was terrible.

played that first year with a torn ligament in his hand too,.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I often criticize the way the Bengals handle free agency, but the 2016 signing of LaFell was a home run.  We got 64 receptions and 862 yards for just $2.5 million.

Loved the signing at the time, but didn't want him signed to a 2nd contract.

The first contract was a bargain, and I felt that way when it happened.

The 2nd contract (2 years, $9 million) wasn't as much of a bargain, and I felt a better player could've been found at a similar price.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 06:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The 2nd contract (2 years, $9 million) wasn't as much of a bargain, and I felt a better player could've been found at a similar price.

Same here.

And, at that point, I thought it would be better to spend that time developing a fix. But a good signing when we made the first one.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 06:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Loved the signing at the time, but didn't want him signed to a 2nd contract.

The first contract was a bargain, and I felt that way when it happened.

The 2nd contract (2 years, $9 million) wasn't as much of a bargain, and I felt a better player could've been found at a similar price.

Agree and you and i Shake defended Lafell a lot on here.
Reply/Quote
Didn't they pay him a roster bonus earlier this year?

They could have just cut him then...

I'm so confused haha.
Reply/Quote