Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Laell Collins = Trey Waynes
Dude is a waste. I knew it right from the rip, got some cowboy fans in the family. This is exactly what they said would happen.. Dude has no love for the game or drive and the littlest adversity and he's out...
Reply/Quote
Can we at least wait and see if he’s even actually out? Not to mention how he will look against guys that aren’t TJ Watt or Micah Parsons.

No idea where you’re getting that he doesn’t love the game. Guy has back issues. I don’t see the correlation there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/bengals-optimistic-la-el-collins-201028489.html

But on Thursday, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said that despite Collins missing practice that day, they still had hope he can play over the weekend.

According to Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic, Taylor said the Bengals “feel good” about Collins suiting up against the New York Jets.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Dude is a waste. I knew it right from the rip, got some cowboy fans in the family. This is exactly what they said would happen.. Dude has no love for the game or drive and the littlest adversity and he's out...

Well he's actually played already in his first season with the team, so he's not Waynes :-P

But in terms of his performance thus far, he's been below expectations, for sure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Even though we seem to have a hard time Vs the Jets, I have a really good feeling the line will get their act together. I think this will be the break out game we’ve been waiting for. D line and play calling needs to step up also.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we at least wait and see if he’s even actually out? Not to mention how he will look against guys that aren’t TJ Watt or Micah Parsons.

No idea where you’re getting that he doesn’t love the game. Guy has back issues. I don’t see the correlation there.

I agree, over reaction to him being maybe out, even if out 1 game does not mean out for a year.  But on Watt and Parsons, i thought he was rated as a top tier tackle.. if so he should do better than he did over the first two games.
Reply/Quote
Rapien just reported Collins is at practice.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree, over reaction to him being maybe out, even if out 1 game does not mean out for a year.  But on Watt and Parsons, i thought he was rated as a top tier tackle.. if so he should do better than he did over the first two games.

Watt and Parsons definitely top players, but Collins should be able to hold his ground even against them. Maybe not shut them out 100% but close. If Bengals are playoff caliber they are going to see top players like this often. I don't understand giving players a pass for bad performance against Watt or Parsons. There are plenty of top versatile players they will face this year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:32 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Even though we seem to have a hard time Vs the Jets, I have a really good feeling the line will get their act together. I think this will be the break out game we’ve been waiting for. D line and play calling needs to step up also.

I've been thinking if our protection gets better and our offense goes up as a result. It may help the defense get more sacks and turnovers. We've gotten down early both games and did very little until late that offenses could be very conservative. This has probably helped and hurt the defense. 
Reply/Quote
Collins talking about body guard....he on front street.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:47 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Watt and Parsons definitely top players, but Collins should be able to hold his ground even against them. Maybe not shut them out 100% but close. If Bengals are playoff caliber they are going to see top players like this often. I don't understand giving players a pass for bad performance against Watt or Parsons. There are plenty of top versatile players they will face this year. 

Those 2 are the reigning DPOY and the DROY. There are not “plenty” of players like them.

And it’s not even about giving Collins a pass (I’m disappointed with him so far), it’s just saying we’ve only seen him against the best of the best so far. Other than Garrett we won’t see anyone as crazy good as those 2 the rest of the season.

Reply/Quote

He went thru stretching with the team but I saw he wasn't going thru individual drills then I saw this tweet.
Reply/Quote
The drama queens just never stop..... Hilarious
Quote:13. La’el CollinsCincinnati Bengals

Collins represents the Bengals' biggest addition in their offseason efforts to rebuild their offensive line and do a better job of protecting Joe Burrow moving forward. 
The former Cowboys right tackle certainly offers a higher floor in pass protection than the Riley ReiffIsaiah Prince combination that Cincinnati had at their disposal last season, but Collins is going to add the most of his value in the run game. His last two seasons in 2019 and 2021 both resulted in PFF run-blocking grades above 89.0. 
Reply/Quote
Umm I'm not ready to lump Collins in with Waynes 3 games in.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:16 PM)Tony Wrote: I knew it right from the rip

Whatever Nostradamus. Tongue

(03-18-2022, 04:28 PM)Tony Wrote: If they land Collins, Burrow has to be a front runner for MVP...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Whatever Nostradamus.    Tongue

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This place is hilarious when things start to go wrong. Thanks for this one, I needed a good laugh today after all of the layoffs at work yesterday.
Reply/Quote
I like hot takes and emotional reactions, it's part of the fun of being a fan but I think let's save Collins bashing for later on. He's not yet in Waynesian territory.
Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn may be a more apt comparison
Big expectations that didn't materialize.

But, it's way early. He went against 2 guys that give everyone trouble too. Still disappointing.

If the Bengals were 2-0...I doubt we're focused on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I like hot takes and emotional reactions, it's part of the fun of being a fan but I think let's save Collins bashing for later on. He's not yet in Waynesian territory.

No matter what happens he won’t be in Waynes territory. They massively overpaid Waynes and that deal was bad from the minute it was signed.

The Bengals actually structured Collins’ deal pretty wisely.

Reply/Quote