Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Laell Collins = Trey Waynes
(09-25-2022, 05:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Damn good game today

Tony... .Tony.....Tony.....Beuller????
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tony... .Tony.....Tony.....Beuller????

Little early to be saying that, but he did pass the eye test. The Jets didn't have La'el moonlight twirling like a ballerina like he was last week at Dallas.
Reply/Quote
How did Collins grade yesterday? The eye-test told me he had a good game.

Did Waynes ever have a good game with the Bengals?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Both of Burrow's sacks came up the middle. The right side was CLOSED.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 09:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How did Collins grade yesterday? The eye-test told me he had a good game.

Did Waynes ever have a good game with the Bengals?

Horrible. Pff had him low
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 12:30 AM)Tony Wrote: Horrible. Pff had him low

How many sacks did he allow? PFF had the whole line graded horribly. Collinsworth must not have gotten his Oline envelope.
Reply/Quote
We have a top 10 Oline even Volson is playing better than anyone on last years line outside of Jonah. Micah and TJ Watt do that to everyone. Now that they have 3 games together barring injury expect consistent improvement throughout the year.
Reply/Quote
Even if Collins is a huge bust here (which I'm 50/50 on thus far, but it's early), you still can't compare him to Waynes because at least Collins is seeing the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Even if Collins is a huge bust here (which I'm 50/50 on thus far, but it's early), you still can't compare him to Waynes because at least Collins is seeing the field.

I don't think he is a bust, at least not yet. I've often found that a lot of fans don't have much perspective on how players across the league are doing. For instance, we may think that someone is truly awful, but compared to the rest of their peers, they are perfectly average. This, funnily enough, describes La'el Collins. I'm not using PFF grades, but I am using their pressure data. La'el is the epitome of "average" when it comes to pass blocking. 

Pressure Percentage - 4.7% (League average 4.7%)
Sack Percentage - 0.006% (League Average 0.006%)

Now, using PFF grades, he is awful. I've never been a fan of their grades, though, so I am not putting much stock into that. I know other people do, but as far as empirical data goes, he is a league average pass blocker. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:16 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have a top 10 Oline even Volson is playing better than anyone on last years line outside of Jonah. Micah and TJ Watt do that to everyone. Now that they have 3 games together barring injury expect consistent improvement throughout the year.

They’re much better than last year, but let’s ease up on “top 10.”

And Volson is not better than Spain. People seem to be forgetting just how good Spain was for most of regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re much better than last year, but let’s ease up on “top 10.”

And Volson is not better than Spain. People seem to be forgetting just how good Spain was for most of regular season.

Yep, Spain was playing really well until he got injured. Then when he struggled a little bit while playing hurt, people remember that and think he sucked.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Even if Collins is a huge bust here (which I'm 50/50 on thus far, but it's early), you still can't compare him to Waynes because at least Collins is seeing the field.

True, I agree with that.. I might of jumped the gun a little bit. I full bought into this line being way better. Hopefully the more time together the better they get. 
Reply/Quote

This
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 12:30 AM)Tony Wrote: Horrible. Pff had him low

Yes

So when i posted good game i guess i was just grading solely off of Burrow got sacked

I caught some of the all 22 and a couple podcasts where they drilled down on Collin’s game and apparently he played bad again. It’s just Burrow erased 3 sacks off the board by being a monster and when Collins did get beat we just got lucky and Burrow was already throwing the ball
-Housh
Reply/Quote