Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lamar Jackson meltdown
I didn't expect this sort of social media presence from Jackson, he has always seemed like he ignored the noise.

I like him as a QB, and would love to see him with a different coach.

The not shaking hands thing..... I don't care, unless it's an elimination game.
Reply/Quote
If it's real that's just awful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not only do I appreciate Burrow's on the field play, but I also like that we get to root for him as a seemingly decent human being. He's professional, witty, and intelligent. Yes, yes. I do have a man-crush on Joey B. Joe Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: Is that really a verified tweet from Lamar?

(11-28-2022, 10:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If it's real that's just awful.

Yeah it was a real tweet that has since been deleted.   I saw the actual tweet before it was deleted because there was an article about it on PFT yesterday that linked directly to the tweet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/27/lamar-jackson-responds-to-social-media-critic-with-vulgar-tweet/

It seems PFT believed it would be deleted also because in the article I linked they included an "If it is deleted it can be seen here" link.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
okay...technically he did not shake hands

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:32 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah it was a real tweet that has since been deleted.   I saw the actual tweet before it was deleted because there was an article about it on PFT yesterday that linked directly to the tweet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/27/lamar-jackson-responds-to-social-media-critic-with-vulgar-tweet/

It seems PFT believed it would be deleted also because in the article I liked they included an "If it is deleted it can be seen here" link.  

WOW I was doubtful. He should be fined, as well as ashamed. 

So glad we have JB Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:04 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Funny how you guys were saying Burrow wasn’t the answer because he was “off” and took too many sacks. Glad you appreciate what you have now. 

What the hell are you talking about? Man, Titans fans are the absolute worst. Only fan base that comes and invades our boards. Yall are so insecure.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is what happens when you don't have an agent haha. Not saying football players shouldn't be allowed to have emotional moments on social media, but Lamar really should have just let that comment go. 
Reply/Quote
The Ravens are in a really weird spot with Lamar.

The guy wants Deshaun Watson money, but I am not sure he's really worth that. Yes, he is a REALLY good dynamic QB...but he's been atrocious at times this year passing the ball...but then he flashes craaazy skill like he did on that TD pass to Deshaun Jackson yesterday.

IDK man, I may have to just bite the bullet and pay the guy because good QB play is hard to find...but IMO I just don't think Lamar is a great passer. As he ages and teams continue to game plan around his athleticism, it may end up being a terrible contract.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:34 AM)pally Wrote: okay...technically he did not shake hands

Ok so Malik Wright is a clown. Noted.
Reply/Quote
Him having ongoing maturity issues his whole career doesn't help either.
Reply/Quote
With the exception of Burrow, Mahomes, and possibly Lawrence and Herbert. None of the other elite young QB's will age well Wonder if anyone else will be relevant and playing well age 33 season. I intentionally included Allen in this. Burrow and Mahomes is it, Long term talent is still a ? with Lawrence with Herbert his body not sure it's sustainable long term.
Reply/Quote
This is what a contract year where every loss will be under a microscope looks like. At this point it’s a good chance they could win division or just as easy miss playoffs so i understand the anger he has.

Can’t go off on random fans tho. That just makes you look feminine and lame.
To his credit he’s only had a few hiccups his whole career
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Ravens are in a really weird spot with Lamar.

The guy wants Deshaun Watson money, but I am not sure he's really worth that. Yes, he is a REALLY good dynamic QB...but he's been atrocious at times this year passing the ball...but then he flashes craaazy skill like he did on that TD pass to Deshaun Jackson yesterday.

IDK man, I may have to just bite the bullet and pay the guy because good QB play is hard to find...but IMO I just don't think Lamar is a great passer. As he ages and teams continue to game plan around his athleticism, it may end up being a terrible contract.

It’s not weird to me. The going price for an all pro QB is 50+ right now. He’s an all pro level guy. He’s better than Kyler who got that type of money. He’s better than Deshaun Watson who got the money he got.

Your team is consistent top of the division and top of the AFC. There is no reason to question paying him. To the Ravens credit the issue is only about how much of it is guaranteed. With Deshaun getting all his money guaranteed it’s gonna be really hard for a better QB to accept less than that.

This is the reason some ppl were saying the Browns just ruined the league with signing Deshaun Watson.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:44 AM)Housh Wrote: It’s not weird to me. The going price for an all pro QB is 50+ right now. He’s an all pro level guy. He’s better than Kyler who got that type of money. He’s better than Deshaun Watson who got the money he got.

Your team is consistent top of the division and top of the AFC. There is no reason to question paying him. To the Ravens credit the issue is only about how much of it is guaranteed. With Deshaun getting all his money guaranteed it’s gonna be really hard for a better QB to accept less than that.

This is the reason some ppl were saying the Browns just ruined the league with signing Deshaun Watson.

Or the rest of the league can chuckle and say “no bro, we’re not doing that. Good luck to you”. They don’t have to be lemmings.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:04 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Funny how you guys were saying Burrow wasn’t the answer because he was “off” and took too many sacks. Glad you appreciate what you have now. 

When did anyone say this? And where have you been since Zac and Co went on this run? TFOH, lmao

Fact is, the first few weeks he WAS off, and he DID take too many sacks. I don't recall a single poster on here saying he wasn't the answer though....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:44 AM)Housh Wrote: It’s not weird to me. The going price for an all pro QB is 50+ right now. He’s an all pro level guy. He’s better than Kyler who got that type of money. He’s better than Deshaun Watson who got the money he got.

Lamar has shown time and time again he cannot win in the playoffs

He’s also shown that he takes bonafide studs at WR and turns them into fringe 1000 yard guys (hollywood brown)
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yikes…

Not a good look between this and him refusing to shake Trevor Lawrence’s hand after the loss.

Kid has a lot of growing up to do.

Didn't he refuse to shake Burrow's too?

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: When did anyone say this? And where have you been since Zac and Co went on this run? TFOH, lmao

Fact is, the first few weeks he WAS off, and he DID take too many sacks. I don't recall a single poster on here saying he wasn't the answer though....lol.

The only person to have ever said anything like this is Joelist. Joelist has thrown Burrow under the bus several times between this year and last. Has to be what he is thinking of because everyone else has been pretty rational with Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:31 AM)Trademark Wrote: The hand shakes after games is stupid. "Hey thanks for beating me let me shake your hand."

It's a sign of sportsmanship taught to you in pee wee league. Mellow

Reply/Quote