Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lamar Jackson meltdown
(11-28-2022, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lamar is 2 things I hate in sports: A Raven and a UofL Cardinal.

WTS, I think he's a good kid that needs an agent. AND I hope he never wins another football game in a Raven jersey.

Folks wanna get a little too self-righteous when it come to those they don't like

I don't know the guy and can't make a judgement on his moral character.  That said, my observations have always been that he acts with class when the subject of adulation, but doesn't respond well at all to ridicule and adversity.  I'll also say that all the practices he misses with mysterious illnesses are a big time red flag that a guy's night life is out of control.  Every player gets sick once in awhile, but when you look at Lamar's track record, he's out sick a lot more than the average player.  

At the end of the day, if you want a $235+ mil fully guaranteed deal to be the face on the franchise, you need to conduct yourself in a manner befitting that role.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is that real? If so, that is about the worst post on social media I have seen, damn. Talk about butt hurt.

Just terrible. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that real? If so, that is about the worst post on social media I have seen, damn. Talk about butt hurt.

Just terrible. Mellow

Yup

I can understand a rhymes with duck you, a kiss my ass, he's angry at the loss, upset, frustrated. I get it

The comment at the end about eating at Joe's is what, to me, takes it to another level, very bad level. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that real? If so, that is about the worst post on social media I have seen, damn. Talk about butt hurt.

Just terrible. Mellow

Remember that time Lamar had to leave a game because he was about to poop himself? LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, the sunglasses. He wanted some extra attention for blowing out a depleted and terrible Bengals team. It’s was obnoxious. We would never hear the end of it if Burrow did that in a blowout win. The narrative would be that he’s way too “cocky” and “arrogant.” But Lamar doing it was just cool I guess.

Also, all college allegiances should end the second a player joins a rival team. Just let us hate on the Ravens QB if we want dammit!

Did you miss Joe Sheisty's rose colored glasses? Look, Lamar is just like 99% of the players in this league when it comes to be attention whores. Wearing a pair of Oakley's on the sideline doesn't bother me near as much as all the dancing that goes on after every play. And I don't have an "allegiance" to Lamar because he played at Louisville, but I also realize he is a class act most of the time and the attacks on him are mostly unwarranted. 
Reply/Quote
It would not shock me if the Rats are thinking about going towards more of a passing QB (or at least one with actual touch on his passes). Jackson's limitations as a passer have hamstrung them in the past and as they have seen all it takes is any injury hampering his mobility and their offense sputters to a halt.
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson has a career 1-3 postseason record with a playoff QB rating of 68.3. (For comparisons sake, Dalton has a playoff QB rating of 57.8). I reeeeeeeeeeeeeelly hope Baltimore resigns Jackson. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: It would not shock me if the Rats are thinking about going towards more of a passing QB (or at least one with actual touch on his passes). Jackson's limitations as a passer have hamstrung them in the past and as they have seen all it takes is any injury hampering his mobility and their offense sputters to a halt.

I can see Baltimore tagging him, then going to a pure pocket passer if one becomes available. Look at the money that would save them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you miss Joe Sheisty's rose colored glasses? Look, Lamar is just like 99% of the players in this league when it comes to be attention whores. Wearing a pair of Oakley's on the sideline doesn't bother me near as much as all the dancing that goes on after every play. And I don't have an "allegiance" to Lamar because he played at Louisville, but I also realize he is a class act most of the time and the attacks on him are mostly unwarranted. 

Guy, Joe wasn’t wearing them on the sideline DURING A GAME.

Reply/Quote
The catch-22 is Lamar isn't an all pro QB without running the ball, and running the ball shortens a career. Watson is/was a great passer who can run the ball really well. Lamar does not deserve Watson's money even if it's not fully guaranteed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy, Joe wasn’t wearing them on the sideline DURING A GAME.

No, he was wearing them indoors during a press conference. It's the same thing if not as bad. It's not a big deal to me. Maybe he had a headache and the sun was in his eyes.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, he was wearing them indoors during a press conference. It's the same thing if not as bad. It's not a big deal to me. Maybe he had a headache and the sun was in his eyes.

Not sure how wearing them in a press conference with his own team’s reporters is the same as a guy doing it on the sideline during the game for all of his opponents to see, but whatever.

Rubbed me the wrong way. If it didn’t for others - great.

As for the bold, yeah he looked like he was in a lot of discomfort from his “headache” (the likeliest of explanations). Rolleyes

[Image: 1186777587.jpeg]

Reply/Quote
if we're going to didlike a QB for being cocky, we really hate JB. I personally dig it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: if we're going to didlike a QB for being cocky, we really hate JB. I personally dig it.

No kidding. Joe could be described as one of the cockiest QBs in the league. Doesn’t bother me, I love it. I also don’t mind Lamar wearing sunglasses on the sideline. Why would I care about that but give Joe a pass for saying “I am who I thought I am.” after we beat the Panthers and Steelers, two awful teams? That looks like a glass house to me.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you miss Joe Sheisty's rose colored glasses? Look, Lamar is just like 99% of the players in this league when it comes to be attention whores. Wearing a pair of Oakley's on the sideline doesn't bother me near as much as all the dancing that goes on after every play. And I don't have an "allegiance" to Lamar because he played at Louisville, but I also realize he is a class act most of the time and the attacks on him are mostly unwarranted. 

I read through all the posts in this thread and it seems that almost all decry the tweet but don't generalize to making this a broad attack on Jackson's character as a person. In fact, most attest positively to Jackson's character.

I've always disliked judging of public figures (entertainers, sports figures, talk show hosts, politicians, etc.)  based on one thing they said, perhaps even decades ago, versus the entirety of their body of work. People make mistakes. We say stupid and hurtful things, particularly when emotional. Hopefully a person can make amends.

That being said, I  think you would certainly agree that it is perfectly fine to criticize what was a very classless tweet.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: if we're going to didlike a QB for being cocky, we really hate JB. I personally dig it.

Yeah, I like my team’s QB, and dislike one from a rival. Wacky.

Anyway, that particular instance wouldn’t have been so bad had it not happened during such a blowout. Yet, Harbaugh can cry to Zac about us throwing a deep ball to Mixon to get Burrow over 500 yards at the end of a game.

I don’t think anyone is claiming there’s no hypocrisy at play when it comes to this stuff. Fandom is not always rational or unbiased.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I like my team’s QB, and dislike one from a rival. Wacky.

Anyway, that particular instance wouldn’t have been so bad had it not happened during such a blowout. Yet, Harbaugh can cry to Zac about us throwing a deep ball to Mixon to get Burrow over 500 yards at the end of a game.

I don’t think anyone is claiming there’s no hypocrisy at play when it comes to this stuff. Fandom is not always rational or unbiased.

Then this whole conversation is ridiculous. I guess you're aware of it, at least. "Yeah, I love our cocky QB but when another cocky QB does something, it really ruffles my feathers. WAH WAH." 
Reply/Quote
Tua's emergence this year ruined what I think was Lamar's hope to go home to Miami.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Then this whole conversation is ridiculous. I guess you're aware of it, at least. "Yeah, I love our cocky QB but when another cocky QB does something, it really ruffles my feathers. WAH WAH." 

Not sure why I can’t just hate on an opposing player (from a rival team) without scrutiny, or having to justify the reasons.

Like I said, the sunglasses thing just rubbed me the wrong way. So did not shaking Burrow’s hand last season. I never said the kid is some degenerate scumbag. It’s really not that deep.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 03:28 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Tua's emergence this year ruined what I think was Lamar's hope to go home to Miami.

That was definitely the destination that was getting the most buzz.

Reply/Quote