Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar requests trade

Baltimore has made a right mess out of things with their franchise QB. You just hate to see it. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I hope this is fate making it easier for the Bengals to win the AFC North.

Balt Sux
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 12:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Baltimore has made a right mess out of things with their franchise QB. You just hate to see it. Ninja

gonna be hard to find a trade partner knowning his contract demands lol...   BUT maybe the offer to trade for less than the 2 1st rounders

(but he has to sign the contract before it can happen)
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 12:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gonna be hard to find a trade partner knowning his contract demands lol...   BUT maybe the offer to trade for less than the 2 1st rounders

(but he has to sign the contract before it can happen)

Yeah, it would take a desperate team like the Jets especially if the Packers keep the price high on Rodgers, so the Jackson threat could speed up a Rodgers deal. 

Even if the Ravens don't come down from 2 firsts, wouldn't it be smart for a team looking to sign Jackson to deal back to one of the last spots in the 1st to keep the capital rather than lose it? Someone had a mock trade to the Colts, which would be insane to give up the 4th pick outright. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 12:46 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah, it would take a desperate team like the Jets especially if the Packers keep the price high on Rodgers, so the Jackson threat could speed up a Rodgers deal. 

Even if the Ravens don't come down from 2 firsts, wouldn't it be smart for a team looking to sign Jackson to deal back to one of the last spots in the 1st to keep the capital rather than lose it? Someone had a mock trade to the Colts, which would be insane to give up the 4th pick outright. 

What if the Jets pivot to Lamar? It would be hilarious to see if Rodgers and the Packers organization hug and make up.
Reply/Quote
Lamar has overplayed his hand. No one wants him (at the price he wants to play for). 
Reply/Quote
I gotta be honest, I'm really enjoying watching the Ravens melt down. I know I shouldn't because I'd be so frustrated with my team if this happened with Joe Burrow but...yea, it's just so funny to watch this saga unfold.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens have already offered him for trade in way with the non-exclusive tag.  The trade price, pay him more than the Ravens are willing to and give the Ravens 2 first round picks.  With the non-exclusive tag he has been free to seek out other teams since the Ravens used it.  He should have hired an agent for what would most likely be the largest and most complex contract of his career.  He's probably going to lose more trying to navigate this on his own than the 2-3% the agent would have gotten.

The whole thing just keeps getting weirder as it goes along.  The stories of supposedly some guy who isn't an authorized agent contacting teams on Jackson's behalf.  Then Jackson saying those are lies and later that day posting about some exercise equipment he and his business partner are launching.  That business partner has the same name of the person that was allegedly contacting teams.  Also the post about how he was going to have in exclusive interview, interviewing himself.   All of this stuff, especially the things playing out on social media are probably not helping his cause. 

He's a great athlete and in the end teams may not really care about some of that stuff. Who knows?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I find it incredibly interesting he requested a trade on 3/2.

That's almost a week before he was tagged.....makes me wonder what all the posturing was about since then. Did Newsome and Harbaugh dismiss the trade request thinking they can still get a deal done? All the commentary from them made it sound like they were still working on a deal. (Maybe they were?)

Ultimately, I think Lamar Jackson got (unintentionally) screwed. It's not his fault he got hurt but I also don't blame the Ravens for not meeting his seemingly ridiculous guaranteed demands.

I think the Ravens will be fine with Huntley. They're still a good team.
This is why I think Burrow needs to get a deal done this offseason because there's no telling what will happen the next two years.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 01:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I gotta be honest, I'm really enjoying watching the Ravens melt down. I know I shouldn't because I'd be so frustrated with my team if this happened with Joe Burrow but...yea, it's just so funny to watch this saga unfold.

You absolutely should. Between Bart Scott, their obnoxious fanbase, their crybaby coaches, etc that team has really given the Steelers a run for their money as the most hatable rival in our division the past couple years.

**** em.

Reply/Quote
Lamar kind of screwed him self in this too. I get wanting a large chunk of his contract guaranteed like what Watson got. He had to realize that wasn’t going to be the new norm (at least I hope it isn’t) for qb contracts. If I were a gm I wouldn’t give up two first rounders and a huge guaranteed deal for him either. Mahomes, Allen, burrow and now maybe hurts might deserve something like that contract wise but not I don’t think Lamar does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 01:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I gotta be honest, I'm really enjoying watching the Ravens melt down. I know I shouldn't because I'd be so frustrated with my team if this happened with Joe Burrow but...yea, it's just so funny to watch this saga unfold.

After suffering through so many lean years as a Bengal fan, it is rather refreshing to watch a rival team get to be the shitshow for a change.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
the browns (Team) plan of making other owners look bad for not dropping ungodly guaranteed amounts of cash seems to be working lol

Jackson overvalues himself... And while a good player when on the field.. Doesnt seem to be able to finish a season. leaving his team high and dry come playoff time.

He should Sign his 1 year TAG then say he wont play unless traded... Then they have to pay or trade him... But he likely still wont find anyone will to pay his demands.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He should Sign his 1 year TAG then say he wont play unless traded...    Then they have to pay or trade him...   But he likely still wont find anyone will to pay his demands.

I'm fairly sure if he signs the tag but refuses to play he won't get paid then.  Those fully guaranteed contracts, which includes contracts under the tag, cover guarantees for getting cut or due to injury.  And missing out on $32 million and change for not playing will be hard to recoup for whatever he might sign for the following season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm fairly sure if he signs the tag  but refuses to play he won't get paid then.  Those fully guaranteed contracts, which includes contracts under the tag, cover guarantees for getting cut or due to injury.  And missing out on $32 million and change for not playing will be hard to recoup for whatever he might sign for the following season.

Yes and not only won't get get paid weekly, but he'll get fined for each week he sits out.  They can't fine him till he signs and the season starts.
Reply/Quote
While all of this surely is not good for the Ravens, there have been several here that see it as the Ravens melting down, etc. I do not see it that way. I see it as the Ravens being the Ravens and playing things very smart. It would be ridiculous to give Lamar the contract he wants, not just because of the precedent it would reinforce, but because his history and his playstyle says he'll never fulfill the contract. On top of the post season woes he's had.

The true disaster for the Ravens would be giving him 5 years guaranteed and then lose him for a season or two during the contract, which is HIGHLY LIKELY considering the history. No. The Ravens showed last year that with excellent defense and mediocre QB play, they can still compete. If they upgrade to average QB play they'll contend.

All the critics and people saying "Pay Him" keep saying "He's a former MVP. Pay him!" Yeah former MVP - three+ years ago and declined every year since and injured every year since. So I say, sure, yes, it's a mess for the Ravens of their own doing, but PAYING Lamar is not the solution to the problem. Getting rid of him while getting as much value as you can, is.
Reply/Quote
Let it burn, let it burn, gotta let it burn
Deep down, you know it's best for yourself, but you
Hate the thought of her bein' with someone else
But you know that it's over, we knew it was through
Let it burn (Let it burn), let it burn (Let it burn), gotta let it burn
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
If anyone actually ponies up for Jackson they need to go in eyes open. He has needed a special offensive scheme so far to be effective. A new coach needs to go in and do an Andy Reid - force Jackson to learn how to pass accurately out of the pocket and work on him actually developing some touch.
Reply/Quote
I want to see what team actually has a doctor willing to put their name on paper saying there is no medical risk in signing the guy to what he wants.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm fairly sure if he signs the tag  but refuses to play he won't get paid then.  Those fully guaranteed contracts, which includes contracts under the tag, cover guarantees for getting cut or due to injury.  And missing out on $32 million and change for not playing will be hard to recoup for whatever he might sign for the following season.

If he signs the tag he is under contract and then open to all fines associated with holding out of camp, etc.

The best part of this whole thing is Lamar released the statement the moment Harbaugh was going to his scheduled press conference.
Reply/Quote