Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lance McCallister rips Taylor on DC fiasco
(02-17-2019, 12:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. Its not an absolute disaster.
2. Youre not realistic, youre just another one of the whiners.
3. There is nothing wrong with how the new era is beginning. 
4. We didnt need a HR, we just need a good DC.

Last year the colts wanted mcdaniels....hired mcdaniels....and had mcdaniels screw them over a few days later. They ended up with Frank Reich who turned out to be a pretty good hire for them. In other words it doesnt matter how long the search takes, or how many candidates we shuffle through. What matters is how the guy coaches after he is hired. If he comes in and does a good job nobody will remember that other guys turned down the job, or that it took a whopping couple of weeks to make the hire.

The end results are what matters no question. I would like to see who the DC is before calling this a disaster lol

Some frickin' people on here just make me shake my head. You are spot on Beaker.

The Colts ended up making the Playoffs after their disaster.

Would they rather have McDaniels over Reich now? I highly doubt it.

(02-17-2019, 03:01 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: I was just thinking about the Colts hiring of Daniels.

Sky is falling is how some people like to live. Bengals could hire Vince Lombardi and they would criticize the move. We’re just two weeks into the new regime. Stop it already.

Yes, some people just love to be miserable and hate on their own team on here.

I cannot live that way and just cannot understand it for the life of me.

Happy that i cannot understand it too. Makes me feel better about myself.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The end results are what matters no question. I would like to see who the DC is before calling this a disaster lol

Some frickin' people on here just make me shake my head. You are spot on Beaker.

The Colts ended up making the Playoffs after their disaster.

Would they rather have McDaniels over Reich now? I highly doubt it.

Yes, some people just love to be miserable and hate on their own team on here.

I cannot live that way and just cannot understand it for the life of me.

Happy that i cannot understand it too. Makes me feel better about myself.

Honestly, after McDaniels did that to the Colts, it was quite stunning that the Bengals requested to interview him.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, after McDaniels did that to the Colts, it was quite stunning that the Bengals requested to interview him.

I don't like McDaniels and that sure was a bunch of BS he did to the Colts but making sure you always keep your eyes open and have the most options available is still the best way to go. Limiting yourself is not. Request all the interviews possible is my stance even the guys i don't like.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like McDaniels and that sure was a bunch of BS he did to the Colts but making sure you always keep your eyes open and have the most options available is still the best way to go. Limiting yourself is not. Request all the interviews possible is my stance even the guys i don't like.

Yeah, but I mean IF you do interview him and like him...you can't trust that he'd come. Plus, IF he didn't take the Colts job, he wasn't coming here.

They kind of did the same things with the DC position by making Dennis Allen the top candidate. He wasn't going to leave the Saints.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah, but I mean IF you do interview him and like him...you can't trust that he'd come. Plus, IF he didn't take the Colts job, he wasn't coming here.

They kind of did the same things with the DC position by making Dennis Allen the top candidate. He wasn't going to leave the Saints.

Still thinking people are making too much of the coaches that just simply did not fit or were blocked.

People are acting like it is getting turned down from a woman or something.

We need to filter these coaches out. In the end when we have a coach i will start to judge if we made a good decision or not.

If we end up with a DC that has a bad resume and no experience i will understand people's negativism.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still thinking people are making too much of the coaches that just simply did not fit or were blocked.

People are acting like it is getting turned down from a woman or something.

We need to filter these coaches out. In the end when we have a coach i will start to judge if we made a good decision or not.

If we end up with a DC that has a bad resume and no experience i will understand people's negativism.

Getting the right one is what matters, but I do think this looks bad and it's going to look bad to free agents.

What the Bengals are doing a bad job of is identifying potential candidates that would come here. McDaniels...no way would he come.

Dennis Allen - That's like a 1% shot. Plus, it's not like the Saints have a great defense.

Either the Bengals think this is a better job than it is, or something else.

But, IF we can land the right guy...this will all be forgotten.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Getting the right one is what matters, but I do think this looks bad and it's going to look bad to free agents.

What the Bengals are doing a bad job of is identifying potential candidates that would come here. McDaniels...no way would he come.

Dennis Allen - That's like a 1% shot. Plus, it's not like the Saints have a great defense.

Either the Bengals think this is a better job than it is, or something else.

But, IF we can land the right guy...this will all be forgotten.
What really matter to FA's, despite what they may say to the press, is green in color.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 01:29 AM)kevin Wrote: You have to be kidding.  Taylor has been here less than 2 weeks and he's the guy getting blamed ???????    Mike Brown has been running things since Paul Brown died.  Do you know when the play-off win drought started ?  When Paul Brown died.  Mike Brown has bee running things since 1991 season, but no, blame the coach who has been here less than 2 weeks. 
That's the bread and butter when you step into the realm of Bengaldom. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a fan message board. None of us know what's going to happen. My speculation is just as good as yours.

Mine is atleast based on his past coaching stints...

.....the thing is, how many of these "experts" were touting Taylor as the next big thing a few weeks or months ago?  They're all so full of shit, and themselves, and don't even bother fact checking what they put out there.

For me.....I'll just wait and see. The kid wowed in interviews for his football acumen and vision of what he wants. At least it isn't Marvin again.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 10:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Exactly.

The Cons: He's been pretty mediocre everywhere he's been except the Rams. His teams seem to be worse with him. He's hired a questionable offensive line coach. He can't land a DC. Do these coordinators know something and want to stay away? The whole staff is vastly inexperienced. This could turn into the Dave Shula hiring part 2. Same management team in place too that's been there since 1992. Can any coach succeed with that management team?

The Pros: Taylor might be a better HC than he was position coach. Generally when a new coach comes in, management spends money. There's atleast some chance the Bengals do that this year. He's also you and may have his pulse on the college game which will help with scouting.

How will it actually turn out? Time will tell.

.....except the whole staff is not vastly inexperienced.....

Alex Van Pelt has been an NFL coach since 2006, and a QB coach since 08, OC for a year.....played the position in the NFL for 10 years.  That's pretty friggin experienced in my book.

Darrin Simmons has been coaching NFL STs since 1998, he's been HERE since 2003.

Bob Bicknell has been coaching professionally since 1998 with the Frankfurt Galaxy.  He has been a NFL assistant since 2007.  He may actually be the most experienced coach on staff, considering the number of positions he has held.

Turner, for better or worse, is an experienced coach.

Taylor and Callahan are young, but they have been around the NFL a very long time.

I think we need to relax and see how it pans out, but we.....including "experts"......need to get our facts straight at least.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....except the whole staff is not vastly inexperienced.....

Alex Van Pelt has been an NFL coach since 2006, and a QB coach since 08, OC for a year.....played the position in the NFL for 10 years.  That's pretty friggin experienced in my book.

Bob Bicknell has been coaching professionally since 1998 with the Frankfurt Galaxy.  He has been a NFL assistant since 2007.  He may actually be the most experienced coach on staff, considering the number of positions he has held.

Taylor and Callahan are young, but they have been around the NFL a very long time.

I think we need to relax and see how it pans out, but we.....including "experts"......need to get our facts straight at least.

Here's how it works--create your narrative, trumpet facts that fit it, ignore facts that don't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bengals are doing what the fans want... so they better be putting their butts back in the seats lol
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 11:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals are doing what the fans want... so they better be putting their butts back in the seats lol

Bringing in some good FA’s, and nailing the draft with early rd day 1 contributors will go a long way to make sure that happens. People don’t pay to see the HC. It’s a good start though.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bringing in some good FA’s, and nailing the draft with early rd day 1 contributors will go a long way to make sure that happens. People don’t pay to see the HC. It’s a good start though.

Agreed. THAT'S what's going to make Taylor successful...fixing LB and O-Line. If we don't do that, then really coaches don't matter as much.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 12:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's totally not normal to be down to Top candidate 6. There was no plan in place. And once one guy said No...it spiralled out of control.

Now, we may luck into a decent candidate...but it's not from some plan.

They're scrambling now.

Feels like how the Pro Bowl rosters eventually get populated come the actual game, doesn't it?
Well, so-and-so backed out, so we had to go with next option...and so on...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Feels like how the Pro Bowl rosters eventually get populated come the actual game, doesn't it?

Unfortunately.

Man if we hired Del Rio, Nolan, or Fox...I would have been ecstatic.

Not so ecstatic for Grantham or Glenn. Honestly, I have concerns on Grantham.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Unfortunately.

Man if we hired Del Rio, Nolan, or Fox...I would have been ecstatic.

Not so ecstatic for Grantham or Glenn. Honestly, I have concerns on Grantham.

Did I miss something? I thought Grantham already passed on the opportunity?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 02:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Did I miss something? I thought Grantham already passed on the opportunity?

He did. Just saying, if he accepted I would have had concerns. He was pretty terrible as the Browns DC.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 11:06 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....except the whole staff is not vastly inexperienced.....

Epic post my friend.

I love the facts, people ought to atleast try and hear them.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Feels like how the Pro Bowl rosters eventually get populated come the actual game, doesn't it?

Good analogy. Smirk

Reply/Quote