Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lance McCallister rips Taylor on DC fiasco
I think Taylor knows exactly what he wants in the traits of his DC and knows what he is doing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Taylor knows exactly what he wants in the traits of his DC and knows what he is doing.

Same here buddy, all these guys ripping on Taylor will get their asses handed to them once he gets settled in with his guys. Hope they know how to eat crow, Marv deserved to get ripped as he had chance after chance after chance. These losers are hating on a guy before he even gets his.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 09:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't you think other teams like their coaches that leave to be coordinators elsewhere?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pshaw, who's side is Lance on, anyway?  It certainly doesn't seem like he's supportive of the Bengals.  Perhaps he should move to Sunny CA and become Colin Cowherd's understudy?  It seems they have a mutual love of ridiculing the Bengals organization..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pshaw, who's side is Lance on, anyway?  It certainly doesn't seem like he's supportive of the Bengals.  Perhaps he should move to Sunny CA and become Colin Cowherd's understudy?  It seems they have a mutual love of ridiculing the Bengals organization..

Exactly, sick of the haters.

We need to give Taylor a chance the same way we gave Marv a chance.

This is all i ask.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, sick of the haters.

We need to give Taylor a chance the same way we gave Marv a chance.

This is all i ask.

16 years with no playoff wins? 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 16 years with no playoff wins? 

Hell no and you know i didn't mean that Nately.

I meant the same way we gave Marv a chance initially.
Reply/Quote
Gotta love the people who sit at the feet of the sports guys on print, TV and radio and lap up every word as Gospel. It’s like they’re under a spell.
Reply/Quote
As with most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Is the season now over? Is Zac Taylor a failure? The answer to both these questions is "of course not".

Does pointing out that the DC search isn't going well make you a lousy stinkin' hater? Nope. It's pretty friggin ugly right now, and pretending otherwise reminds me of this meme:

[Image: 20130109.0.png]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The search for a DC is an absolute disaster and don’t kid yourself. As fans we are all in this together, just some of us are realistic and others might believe in the Easter Bunny if Taylor told them to. This guy has earned no trust, quite the opposite. This should have been a slam dunk. Guy already in hand just waiting to finalize the contract and announce. Two weeks later and the worst defense in the NFL still doesn’t have a coach. This new era is not starting out well, AT ALL. I’m sure there are a lot of us who are not in denial. There is NOTHING telling me this team won’t be looking up at the Browns for the next several years. They needed a home run DC and they didn’t get it, end of story.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:38 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: The search for a DC is an absolute disaster and don’t kid yourself. As fans we are all in this together, just some of us are realistic and others might believe in the Easter Bunny if Taylor told them to. This guy has earned no trust, quite the opposite. This should have been a slam dunk. Guy already in hand just waiting to finalize the contract and announce. Two weeks later and the worst defense in the NFL still doesn’t have a coach. This new era is not starting out well, AT ALL. I’m sure there are a lot of us who are not in denial. There is NOTHING telling me this team won’t be looking up at the Browns for the next several years. They needed a home run DC and they didn’t get it, end of story.

Good post and I agree, but I will say this: if they hire the right guy, none of this will matter when the season rolls around. 

Just look at the Colts, who didn't hire their HC (Frank Reich) until February 14th. It worked out well.

This is definitely a mess, but they can still get it right.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bump in the road. Bump in the road.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is embarrassing now. No other way to paint it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:38 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: The search for a DC is an absolute disaster and don’t kid yourself. As fans we are all in this together, just some of us are realistic and others might believe in the Easter Bunny if Taylor told them to. This guy has earned no trust, quite the opposite. This should have been a slam dunk. Guy already in hand just waiting to finalize the contract and announce. Two weeks later and the worst defense in the NFL still doesn’t have a coach. This new era is not starting out well, AT ALL. I’m sure there are a lot of us who are not in denial. There is NOTHING telling me this team won’t be looking up at the Browns for the next several years. They needed a home run DC and they didn’t get it, end of story.

How can it be 'end of story' when we don't even know what the story is yet?

I get that many fans are frustrated with how this has played out. I get that it's taken longer and involved more names than is usually the case. It certainly hasn't been the smoothest of hiring processes.

However... we don't even know who the DC will be yet, what his scheme will be, what type of players he'll be looking for, how well he prepares for opponents or how his guys perform on game day. Given that we don't know ANY of that at this point...how can we know if the new DC will be a home run, a disaster or something in between?

Hell, we don't even know what we have Zac Taylor is yet.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As with most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Is the season now over? Is Zac Taylor a failure? The answer to both these questions is "of course not".

Does pointing out that the DC search isn't going well make you a lousy stinkin' hater? Nope. It's pretty friggin ugly right now, and pretending otherwise reminds me of this meme:

[Image: 20130109.0.png]

Exactly.

The Cons: He's been pretty mediocre everywhere he's been except the Rams. His teams seem to be worse with him. He's hired a questionable offensive line coach. He can't land a DC. Do these coordinators know something and want to stay away? The whole staff is vastly inexperienced. This could turn into the Dave Shula hiring part 2. Same management team in place too that's been there since 1992. Can any coach succeed with that management team?

The Pros: Taylor might be a better HC than he was position coach. Generally when a new coach comes in, management spends money. There's atleast some chance the Bengals do that this year. He's also you and may have his pulse on the college game which will help with scouting.

How will it actually turn out? Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight....1st time HC like McVay and Nagy have no issues getting DCs yet Zac Taylor is now at Skyline Chili looking f for candidates.
he had the ideal guy in Del Rio......now this debacle. unreal.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:26 AM)impactplaya Wrote: So let me get this straight....1st time HC like McVay and Nagy have no issues getting DCs yet Zac Taylor is now at Skyline Chili looking f for candidates.
he had the ideal guy in Del Rio......now this debacle. unreal.

1 step forward, 2 steps backwards for the Bengals.

1st the Turner hire...now this.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:45 PM)McC Wrote: Bump in the road. Bump in the road.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Relax, the DC has been hired long ago, and is in meetings revamping the defense into a dominate #1 defense. It just hasn't been announced yet to keep it from our rivals as long as possible, so they cannot study his trends...... Ninja
Reply/Quote

1. Its not an absolute disaster.
2. Youre not realistic, youre just another one of the whiners.
3. There is nothing wrong with how the new era is beginning. 
4. We didnt need a HR, we just need a good DC.

Last year the colts wanted mcdaniels....hired mcdaniels....and had mcdaniels screw them over a few days later. They ended up with Frank Reich who turned out to be a pretty good hire for them. In other words it doesnt matter how long the search takes, or how many candidates we shuffle through. What matters is how the guy coaches after he is hired. If he comes in and does a good job nobody will remember that other guys turned down the job, or that it took a whopping couple of weeks to make the hire.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 12:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: 1. Its not an absolute disaster.
2. Youre not realistic, youre just another one of the whiners.
3. There is nothing wrong with how the new era is beginning. 
4. We didnt need a HR, we just need a good DC.

Last year the colts wanted mcdaniels....hired mcdaniels....and had mcdaniels screw them over a few days later. They ended up with Frank Reich who turned out to be a pretty good hire for them. In other words it doesnt matter how long the search takes, or how many candidates we shuffle through. What matters is how the guy coaches after he is hired. If he comes in and does a good job nobody will remember that other guys turned down the job, or that it took a whopping couple of weeks to make the hire.

I was just thinking about the Colts hiring of Daniels.

Sky is falling is how some people like to live. Bengals could hire Vince Lombardi and they would criticize the move. We’re just two weeks into the new regime. Stop it already.
Reply/Quote