Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap’s official pick Is in..
(04-24-2018, 04:58 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: And it's Frank Ragnow.

I now agree with either Price, Daniels or Ragnow in ONE for a CENTER

Then like a snake we sit there in early 2.  We know a Round One player will fall to us, but we don't know what position.  

So we Grab a Round One Center and we GRAB a Round One player in Two without trading up.   We have started with 2 great picks and still have all these draft picks coming.  

Who falls in 2 ?  An edge rushing LB ?  A top Safety ?  A D-Line or O-Line guy ?  Does a top TE, or RB or WR fall ?   The run on quarterbacks early will make somebody fall. By taking Center in ONE, we can be like a snake waiting for that top player to fall to us in 2.  We could get the best safety in the draft at 2 or best TE.  No telling who falls to us in 2.  I know they want an edge rushing LB and that could fall to us. 

Taking Center in ONE sets up Best Available Athlete in early TWO, and it will be a Round One steal in Two.  Like getting 2 Round One Picks.  Names like LSU RB Derrius Guice, TE-Dallas Goedert, WR-Calvin Ridley, T-Kolton Miller, Orlando Brown, Mike McGlinchey, G- Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, DE-Marcus Davenport, Sam Hubbard, DT- Da'ron Payne, Vita Vea, LB- Tremain Edmunds, Rashaan Evans, Harold Landry, Lorenzo Carter, S- Minkah Fitzpatrick, Justin Reid, Derwin James, Ronnie Harrison. With the run on quarterbacks one of these Round One names falls to us in 2. We make out like bandits thanks to taking our center in 1 and then able to take whoever falls in 2.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 09:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: What in the wide wide world of sports is going on at Paul Brown Stadium?  Trade for a starting caliber LT?  A LB in FA that is actually in his prime and led the league in tackles?  Kicking the tires on Eric Reid?  Looking to draft a C in round 1?  Who are these guys? LMAO

Hot damn I'd be stoked if this was our pick! Cheers 

I know, and then add in the change of OL coach, I think aliens took over their minds.  Or maybe it's divine intervention.  Whatever the hell is going on, it has me thinking they really do want to win.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:15 AM)sonofstat Wrote: good to hear board members rate him.

don't get me wrong I want a Center early but not seen his name at all on all the various mock drafts on nfl.com ...plenty of interior guys like hernandez, wynn, price, daniels but not seen him so hope its not last minute hype pushing him up!

I had a look at his games .vs. Alabama, Auburn and was not blown away to be honest - was thinking we would maybe go Price.

also I still believe if they go back to BPA philosophy that a defensive stud may slip to them on the night at #21.....if so is there a massive difference between ragnow and say the 3rd C who probably is available in rd2?

Check the new mocks man. NFL.com, Rotoworld and CBS have Ragnow mocked to us at 21 right now.

People are living in the days before Ragnow's Pro Day when he had a ankle sprain. But he got fully healthy and
had a great Pro Day. He was the best Center in College Football before the injury. Also, you don't want your
Center to stand out and blow you away, you want him to do his job both in the passing game and in the running
game. He is the best pass blocking Center, never allowed a sack in his college career.

A very good run blocker to boot and a multiple year starter in the SEC. Price isn't even healthy. Love Price, but
we need our new Center here day one starting to gel in OTA's.

If someone like Edmunds or Quenton Nelson falls to us i could see us taking them, but this is unlikely. Looks like
Ragnow or McGlinchey will be the pick from what we are hearing, even if i like Wynn better than McGlinchey.

There is a major fall off from Ragnow, Price and Daniels to the next Center. I just want one of these guys.

Let Pollack take his Center in the first and we can all sit back and enjoy the ride.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Earliest I see a C being drafted this year is 16, which would be Baltimore. They might jump at their favorite C because they don't pick again until 52, and they know Cincinnati needs a C and Carolina will need one within a year. If Baltimore doesn't pick one at 16, Cincinnati might get their pick of the litter at 21.

I'm hoping maybe they can get a package together with 21 and a second round pick(s) and grab some additional picks in the later part of round 1 and + another second round to boot if they're dead set on center, which i am fine with, but you can maximize your value if you're able to move back a little more and try to stock pile pick in the first two rounds
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:38 AM)Okeana Wrote: correct last thing they need to do is waste a pick on one of these terrible early tackles.  May be the worst tackle class in history if it wasn't for wynn because the dude technically is a tackle and a stud.  I would love for him to get a shot regardless of him being a bit undersized

Nah.  That would be 2015
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:58 PM)3wt Wrote: Nah.  That would be 2015

Yep.....we know all too well around these parts. :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Sounds like he has Ragnow rated just above Price, possibly one spot.

If it was his pick, he'd take McGlinchey. I don't know if this means the Bengals have the 2 centers rated higher than him.

And the guy he'd be over the moon for, who he doesn't think will drop is Derwin James.

Unlikely McGlinchey lasts to 21, and, it's even possible one of the top 3 C's are gone.    I'm wondering who's there at our Rd 2, if we can get one of Ragenow,Price,Daniels there?   i've seen some say Wynn, who projects high as a G, MIGHT shift to c, has played OT. 

ALWAYS...... you draft "eyes open"   a VALUE guy you expected to be gone MIGHT be available, not the priority NEED but... a talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:25 PM)redwood Wrote: Unlikely McGlinchey lasts to 21, and, it's even possible one of the top 3 C's are gone.    I'm wondering who's there at our Rd 2, if we can get one of Ragenow,Price,Daniels there?   i've seen some say Wynn, who projects high as a G, MIGHT shift to c, has played OT. 

ALWAYS...... you draft "eyes open"   a VALUE guy you expected to be gone MIGHT be available, not the priority NEED but... a talent.

Price might fall to the 2nd. Doubtful that Daniels will last to our pick at 46. No way Ragnow falls past us at 21,
the Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Viking and Bears all the way to 46. No way, but i have been surprised before.

Ragnow's stock has just risen higher than about any player leading up to the Draft with many teams interested.

I take Ragnow at 21 and then pounce on that talent in the 2nd. Continue to build the line afterward with a RT
or versatile player like Mason Cole.
Reply/Quote
I found one line prior to the Marvin Lewis interview yesterday pretty telling. He introduced the long time season ticket holder who is going to hand the Jersey to our pick, and as they were sitting down they were talking about the pick, and Marvin asked him who his pick was. The guy says Oline. Marvin says "what makes you think there will be an olineman left worthy of that spot. Kinda tells me he thinks there are only a couple worth the 21st pick....
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I found one line prior to the Marvin Lewis interview yesterday pretty telling. He introduced the long time season ticket holder who is going to hand the Jersey to our pick, and as they were sitting down they were talking about the pick, and Marvin asked him who his pick was. The guy says Oline. Marvin says "what makes you think there will be an olineman left worthy of that spot. Kinda tells me he thinks there are only a couple worth the 21st pick....

Could possibly indicate a trade down from that spot to get a Center...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I found one line prior to the Marvin Lewis interview yesterday pretty telling. He introduced the long time season ticket holder who is going to hand the Jersey to our pick, and as they were sitting down they were talking about the pick, and Marvin asked him who his pick was. The guy says Oline. Marvin says "what makes you think there will be an olineman left worthy of that spot. Kinda tells me he thinks there are only a couple worth the 21st pick....

(04-25-2018, 04:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: Could possibly indicate a trade down from that spot to get a Center...

If we trade down Ragnow is out of the question most likely and Lap's pick was wrong.

Will be Daniels or Price if this is the case.

The Pats pick at 23, Panthers right after and Falcons soon after that. Ragnow won't make it through those
3 teams pretty sure. They are all interested in Ragnow. Maybe the Pats might take Daniels or Kolton Miller i
guess but the Panthers had Ragnow in for a private visit right before we did.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we trade down Ragnow is out of the question most likely and Lap's pick was wrong.

The Pats pick at 23, Panthers right after and Falcons soon after that. Ragnow won't make it through those
3 teams pretty sure. They are all interested in Ragnow. Maybe the Pats might take Daniels or Kolton Miller i

If all 3 Centers are available, then they could risk losing out on Ragnow and trade down in the 1st round. Maybe pick up a 3rd round pick.

Then say we end up with James Daniels.

Maybe they rank Ragnow ahead of Daniels but not by a lot and are willing to chance it.

Lap would be wrong but we get Daniels and an extra 3rd round pick or Ragnow makes it down far enough & the extra 3rd is a complete bonus.

Risk taking can pay off at times...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: If all 3 Centers are available, then they could risk losing out on Ragnow and trade down in the 1st round. Maybe pick up a 3rd round pick.

Then say we end up with James Daniels.

Maybe they rank Ragnow ahead of Daniels but not by a lot and are willing to chance it.

Lap would be wrong but we get Daniels and an extra 3rd round pick or Ragnow makes it down far enough & the extra 3rd is a complete bonus.

Risk taking can pay off at times...

All true and i definately wouldn't be against it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we trade down Ragnow is out of the question most likely and Lap's pick was wrong.

Something wrong with Alex Mack that I didn't hear about?

Learn something new everyday; Alex Mack's REAL Name is Javon Mack. Huh.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price might fall to the 2nd. Doubtful that Daniels will last to our pick at 46. No way Ragnow falls past us at 21,
the Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Viking and Bears all the way to 46. No way, but i have been surprised before.

Ragnow's stock has just risen higher than about any player leading up to the Draft with many teams interested.

I take Ragnow at 21 and then pounce on that talent in the 2nd. Continue to build the line afterward with a RT
or versatile player like Mason Cole.

Take ragnow at 21 and price at 46. Put price at right guard and solidify the middle of the line. Plus the added versatility
Reply/Quote
anyone but WR or OT Miller. would make me a happy panda
Reply/Quote
Good to hear, hope he becomes the official pick tomorrow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:58 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: And it's Frank Ragnow.

Well, he's a 3 year starter at either RG or C, mostly at C.

This year's class has 3 Centers who could go in the first round which makes it a deep and very good Center class.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:29 AM)sonofstat Wrote: ??  so is he injured now...had not heard this.

thought this was maybe why price might drop because of his combine injury.

if we draft a C we need them available throughout camp as theyre likely to be day  1 starter

Lol no, he's not injured, now..  He's healed up, now.  He had a season ending ankle injury, had it surgically repaired.  Had to skip the combine, but killed it at his pro day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I heard Lapham on 1530 today. Pretty much a replay of the podcast. Mcglinchey if he's there. Center if not. He seemed to rank Ragnow slightly ahead of price. Commented on Daniels being academic big ten. All them play in big conferences against big competition and in pro style offenses. Would like to see James fall but highly doubts he will.
Reply/Quote