Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap’s official pick Is in..
(04-24-2018, 05:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If this goes as Lap suspects I bet we should be watching for Orlando Brown later in the draft.

IF he makes it to the third round where we select, he is a Bengal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am....uncomfortable with the idea that we are taking a super late riser (Ragnow was projected to be a 2nd/3rd round pick like...3 weeks ago)...
I want to be excited for it very badly. But it just feels wrong.
I've been grappling with this since it was initially stated that he has risen to first round status.
I loved the idea of taking him in the 2nd round.
But in the first round it feels like a reach.
I guess time will tell.
If the entire NFL is following the hype train then you gotta spend premium draft picks if you want to invest in the hype, I suppose.

As someone else mentioned a lot of that had to do with an injury he had that is now completely healed and he tested better at his Pro Day. Respectful former Scouts/now draft analyst like Daniel Jeremiah have gone back to the tape recently on him and feel like they hadn't watched enough of him before and now that they have really feel like he is a very solid first round pick and will be a stud on the interior Offensive Line for years to come. A lot of these guys have him pegged as an All-Pro talent and PFF absolutely loves the guy and feels he is right on the border of a top 15 selection so I don't think it is a reach at all to snag Ragnow at #21 and have a legit Center for the first time since Rich Braham.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on at Paul Brown Stadium?  Trade for a starting caliber LT?  A LB in FA that is actually in his prime and led the league in tackles?  Kicking the tires on Eric Reid?  Looking to draft a C in round 1?  Who are these guys? LMAO

Hot damn I'd be stoked if this was our pick! Cheers 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I may actually write Mike Brown a "thank you" letter if this pans out.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't seem real does it?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wouldn’t rule out the bengals taking him.  I can see ebenezer with visions of Vick in stripes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ebenezer sees that.....then Akili is a safer bet as to what we'll get. Say What

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:30 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I'm great with Ragnow, although I would prefer Price.  But if they draft Orlando Brown, I will jump off the Brent Spence bridge.  With a net, of course.

The main thought I'm having lately is that the most important thing in this draft is to emerge with a great center.  This would do it.

This if we don't come out of this draft with a real good center its a fail.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: IF he makes it to the third round where we select, he is a Bengal

if not take alex cappa with the comp pick to develop
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wouldn’t rule out the bengals taking him.  I can see ebenezer with visions of Vick in stripes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Vick in stripes already?? Sorry, had too..... Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if not take alex cappa with the comp pick to develop

correct last thing they need to do is waste a pick on one of these terrible early tackles.  May be the worst tackle class in history if it wasn't for wynn because the dude technically is a tackle and a stud.  I would love for him to get a shot regardless of him being a bit undersized

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:04 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: How about "Frank (dont piss her off because she is on the) Ragnow?
Oh no you didn't!!!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true this at least tells us that the team values Center very high.

Would be the best pick to keep fans around. Lots of us have been screaming for a Center early for 10 years.

Ragnow is the best of the lot too IMHO. I love Price like i said, great run blocker but overall Ragnow is the best.

Daniels is a great technician, but so is Ragnow and he has a much bigger anchor than Daniels.

Here's the disconcerting thing:   It tells us who Lap THINKS they want to take.   Nothing more.

I hope he's right, and I am somewhat encouraged he thinks that's who they want.

We'll see.

Hopefully someone like Minnesota or Carolina doesn't hopscotch us and take Ragnow.   He's my man crush right now. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 06:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lapham and Dan Hoard's Podcast.

Would be even sweeter. Think Price would make a great RG, road grading run blocker.

To add both would probably be my favorite start to the Draft. That would be one hell of an interior O-line.

Got a link?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:49 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If I'm the Bengals, I stop allowing them to view the board after so many years of telegraphing the pick lol. So many man hours and so much work goes into ranking these players for this fanchise that's worth nearly a billion dollars...it's just weird to me. 

Anyhow, I really hope that this one comes to fruition. 

I feel the same way.  Foolish to telegraph things, though I suspect each team has a pretty good idea what players the other teams want.

I have a gnawing feeling that we are going to get jumped...
Reply/Quote
Ragnow is the guy I want. Don't want Miller or Brown, atleast not in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:06 PM)3wt Wrote: Here's the disconcerting thing:   It tells us who Lap THINKS they want to take.   Nothing more.

We'll see.

Hopefully someone like Minnesota or Carolina doesn't hopscotch us and take Ragnow.   He's my man crush right now. 

The highest anyone took a center was 15 with Pouncey. I highly doubt anyone would take a center inside the top 20.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:24 PM)3wt Wrote: I feel the same way.  Foolish to telegraph things, though I suspect each team has a pretty good idea what players the other teams want.

I have a gnawing feeling that we are going to get jumped...

well that could happen but theres more than 1 capable Center
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:06 PM)3wt Wrote: Here's the disconcerting thing:   It tells us who Lap THINKS they want to take.   Nothing more.

We'll see.

Lapham is also factoring in which players he thinks will be gone before the Bengals pick.

The Bengals could (for example) actually have an order like this of players that could be available and Lap just thinks the first 3 below will be taken before the Bengals pick.

1. Mike McGlinchey     2. Lamar Jackson      3. Jaire Alexander   4. Frank Ragnow

We could still get surprised and Lap may miscalculate which players get taken before the Bengals pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The highest anyone took a center was 15 with Pouncey. I highly doubt anyone would take a center inside the top 20.

Colts took Kelly at 18.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The highest anyone took a center was 15 with Pouncey. I highly doubt anyone would take a center inside the top 20.

Earliest I see a C being drafted this year is 16, which would be Baltimore. They might jump at their favorite C because they don't pick again until 52, and they know Cincinnati needs a C and Carolina will need one within a year. If Baltimore doesn't pick one at 16, Cincinnati might get their pick of the litter at 21.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote