Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap: Nick Vigil/Rey M/Burfict
On the radio lap says vigil looks like a Vet.     Also says Rey and Burfict are overweight.    Says burfict is slightly overweight but Rey is carrying way too much.    

I wonder how Vigil handles the physicality....   And could this be the last year of Rey starting?   

Could be some interesting dynamics in the middle of the defense.
Reply/Quote
Time will tell. Rey isn't going anywhere for awhile though..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2 proven NFL LB's who don't need the practice time.........get the kid on the field and see what he knows
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 05:11 PM)CincyKid Wrote: 2 proven NFL LB's who don't need the practice time.........get the kid on the field and see what he knows

i agree
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It's still May. Not worried about the winter bellies of a couple of veteran LBs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If he is one of the best Lbs on the team he should play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
our 2016 LB's are gonna be the best since Marvin took over.............thank you front office and Duke Tobin

Dansby is a pros pro........Vontaze luvs Vigil........nuff said there

is it possible we are better after losing Reggie and Leon ?
Reply/Quote
Vontaze looked out of shape the whole time he was on the PUP last year. He looked fine when he hit the field.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maualuga cant afford to lose any speed.

I had really high hopes for Dawson. I hope he earns some playing time.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 05:54 PM)CincyKid Wrote: is it possible we are better after losing Reggie and Leon ?

Right now? No.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 07:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maualuga cant afford to lose any speed.

I had really high hopes for Dawson. I hope he earns some playing time.

Yep.  I remember the season after the Texans playoff game where he was getting picked on he came back much slimmer.  He looked much better, though getting over a nagging injury and being rotated out more often probably played a role.

Agree that this year's lb corps should be both really good and capable of dealing with injuries with the depth.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 05:54 PM)CincyKid Wrote: our 2016 LB's are gonna be the best since Marvin took over.............thank you front office and Duke Tobin

Dansby is a pros pro........Vontaze luvs Vigil........nuff said there

is it possible we are better after losing Reggie and Leon ?

It is entirely possible that the defense could end up better than last year.  But, we can't possibly know, until the season plays out.  Heck, the soonest that we will know what the new guys have, is during camp and preseason.  Even then, it's tough to really know, as rookies usually play against a lot of guys that will never make a roster.  Happens every year.  Some rookies look fantastic against other teams' roster fodder, then never really impact the stat sheets come live action.  (I'm thinking Margus Hunt, as a prime example)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On the radio lap says vigil looks like a Vet.     Also says Rey and Burfict are overweight.    Says burfict is slightly overweight but Rey is carrying way too much.    

I wonder how Vigil handles the physicality....   And could this be the last year of Rey starting?   

Could be some interesting dynamics in the middle of the defense.
In today's NFL, getting fat and out of shape in the off season shows a lack of professionalism. Though, I am sure our crack training staff sends them off with little more than "remember to work out".
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 10:28 PM)tlotharw Wrote: In today's NFL, getting fat and out of shape in the off season shows a lack of professionalism. Though, I am sure our crack training staff sends them off with little more than "remember to work out".

This.....how hard is it to workout every day when it is literally the ONLY thing you have to do. People work 40+ hours a week and still make time to hit the gym. There is not one excuse for a pro athlete to come in overweight and out of shape....not one.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 10:28 PM)tlotharw Wrote: In today's NFL, getting fat and out of shape in the off season shows a lack of professionalism.  Though, I am sure our crack training staff sends them off with little more than "remember to work out".

Overweight doesn't always mean out of shape. He didn't say they failed physicals or anything. Just said they weigh more.

Players can gain and lose weight. Green gained weight and no one really seemed to think he was out of shape.

Plus, people realize that you can still gain weight by working out, right? There's such exercises that make you work on strength rather than toning your body.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 11:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Overweight doesn't always mean out of shape. He didn't say they failed physicals or anything. Just said they weigh more.

Players can gain and lose weight. Green gained weight and no one really seemed to think he was out of shape.

Plus, people realize that you can still gain weight by working out, right? There's such exercises that make you work on strength rather than toning your body.

Lap viewed it as a negative so I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about muscle mass.
Reply/Quote
The majority of Maualugas injuries have been lower body. I thought i remember hearing he was playing at a pretty high weight. Like the 255 they list him at was conservative. He is our thumper. But he is probably one of the heaviest 4-3 LBs in the league. Playing a little closer to 250 could be good for him.

He had a full offseason with that extension money in his pocket. Hopefully he whips himself into shape.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 11:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Overweight doesn't always mean out of shape. He didn't say they failed physicals or anything. Just said they weigh more.

Primrose Lane, life's a holiday on Primrose Lane.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 11:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Overweight doesn't always mean out of shape. 

Yes it does. Why else would you describe someone as overweight?

You could describe them as:

Put on weight
Filled out
Bulked up
ect...

But when you describe someone as overweight, you are asserting that it's not good.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I am really disappointed in both Rey and Vontez coming to camp overweight. Their supposed to be leaders on this team(especially Tez) what message does this send the team. Also Tez needs to be better in man coverage and he also has a bad knee. Less weight will help out those issues.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote