Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham final prediction
I have faith in our staff to not pull the trigger on this guy in the first round. When was the last time our team reached for anything? Fuller would be a reach. I trust coach Urban when picking WR's anyways, he seems pretty good at it.
Reply/Quote
And here I thought Michael Thomas was supposed to be their top rated WR on their draft board (at least outside of the "big 3").
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 06:32 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Lapham has correctly picked the last 4 1st round selections. He just said he thinks we go Will Fuller. He indicated the Bengals like Doctson and Coleman also but thinks they will be gone. Really hope someone takes Fuller before us after hearing that.

I am pretty sure everybody knows how i would feel about this. Sick

In the 2nd round? Sure, but this would be a serious reach at 24 for speed. Thats all he has that makes him special.

Just saw the last mock on bengals.com and Treadwell, Darron Lee and Rankins were still on the board.

Would much rather take one of those 3 if they are there.

Treadwell is ten times the receiver that Fuller is, even if he is not speedy.

Lee would make our LB core even deeper and would be that athlete for the future to go along with Burfict.

Rankins would be great alongside Geno. Would be my favorite pick in the bengals.com mock myself.

I like Billings more but hey, not by much.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I have faith in our staff to not pull the trigger on this guy in the first round. When was the last time our team reached for anything? Fuller would be a reach. I trust coach Urban when picking WR's anyways, he seems pretty good at it.

Same here, Urban is a good coach, i trust him. I doubt we go with Fuller. I sure hope so anyways.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, Urban is a good coach, i trust him. I doubt we go with Fuller. I sure hope so anyways.

Urban is a very good WR coach.   He will be the next OC, unless the Browns fire Hue in 2 years as is their tradition.   Urban has done well reshaping that position from what it used to be around here.   

I forget his name but that guy that took over for Hue and was before urban was a terrible coach.   He was one of brats boys who ended up following him to Jacksonville.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 09:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's mainly just how one dimensional he is.

He runs deep routes and that's basically it.

He also doesn't have great hands, so he's going to drop some passes.

When it comes to a first round pick, most people want more than a 1 route pony. Especially one who may not even catch the ball in the 1 or 2 deep balls he gets per game.

That said, I wouldn't hate Fuller. He would add a dimension to the offense that we don't currently have. And we have the overall team depth necessary to make a luxury type pick like this.

I do worry though because the two closest things there are to Fuller in the NFL, in my mind, are Ted Ginn Jr and Mike Wallace.

Would you trade a first round pick for either of those guys in their prime? It's definitely debatable.

Especially since Dalton does not have the cannon that Roethlisberger has.

Did Ted Ginn have a prime?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am pretty sure everybody knows how i would feel about this. Sick

In the 2nd round? Sure, but this would be a serious reach at 24 for speed. Thats all he has that makes him special.

Just saw the last mock on bengals.com and Treadwell, Darron Lee and Rankins were still on the board.

Lee would make our LB core even deeper and would be that athlete for the future to go along with Burfict.

Rankins would be great alongside Geno. Would be my favorite pick in the bengals.com mock myself.

Given how hard we went after marvin jones to the point of over Paying him....   That tells me they value this position.   Maybe the rumors of trading up for Doctson isn't as far fetched when you consider everything.   Losing a 5th or 6th to get Doctson instead of fuller isn't a big deal.   
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Given how hard we went after marvin jones to the point of over Paying him....   That tells me they value this position.   Maybe the rumors of trading up for Doctson isn't as far fetched when you consider everything.   Losing a 5th or 6th to get Doctson instead of fuller isn't a big deal.   

Have a feeling it will cost more than a 5/6 to move up to where we would need.  But with the comps we'll receive next yr, still shouldn't be a problem.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am pretty sure everybody knows how i would feel about this. Sick

Agree with everything you are saying here Nate. Billings, Rankins, Treadwell, Lee, and probably 20 other guys that I would prefer for this team over Fuller in the 1st.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:16 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Have a feeling it will cost more than a 5/6 to move up to where we would need.  But with the comps we'll receive next yr, still shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I was just tossing out whatever.   I don't know the value of any of these picks.   But moving to 20-21 shouldn't cost much.   Maybe I will look for one of those charts 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Urban is a very good WR coach.   He will be the next OC, unless the Browns fire Hue in 2 years as is their tradition.   Urban has done well reshaping that position from what it used to be around here.   

I forget his name but that guy that took over for Hue and was before urban was a terrible coach.   He was one of brats boys who ended up following him to Jacksonville.  

I like your thinking.

Plus, nice to be able to forget that guys name, i complained about him for years...

(04-28-2016, 01:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Given how hard we went after marvin jones to the point of over Paying him....   That tells me they value this position.   Maybe the rumors of trading up for Doctson isn't as far fetched when you consider everything.   Losing a 5th or 6th to get Doctson instead of fuller isn't a big deal.   

I usually am not for trading up but trading up in front of the Vikes and getting Doctson would be fine with me.

I doubt we do it cause i bet we take whoever the value is there at 24 but i wouldn't be against it. I really like Doctson.

Doctson is probably me favorite WR in the draft now, ahead of Coleman and Treadwell.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:17 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Agree with everything you are saying here Nate. Billings, Rankins, Treadwell, Lee, and probably 20 other guys that I would prefer for this team over Fuller in the 1st.

Figured we'd agree on this one. Fuller would be nice in the 2nd, probably a steal in this draft but not in the 1st frickin round.

The dude better have something to offer besides just speed if you are to take him with your first pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like your thinking.

Plus, nice to be able to forget that guys name, i complained about him for years...

I usually am not for trading up but trading up in front of the Vikes and getting Doctson would be fine with me.

I doubt we do it cause i bet we take whoever the value is there at 24 but i wouldn't be against it. I really like Doctson.

Doctson is probably me favorite WR in the draft now, ahead of Coleman and Treadwell.

I would bet the redskins pick is who we woke target for a trade.   And if they are wanting Reed or Joseph they should be ok to get them at 24.   Like I said I'm not sure what the value would be there.  Can't be much.   

And it was mike Sheppard lol
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would bet the redskins pick is who we woke target for a trade.   And if they are wanting Reed or Joseph they should be ok to get them at 24.   Like I said I'm not sure what the value would be there.  Can't be much.   

I have heard some rumblings about the Redskins wanting Billings.

I doubt they trade with us if this is the case cause DT is a need of ours as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have heard some rumblings about the Redskins wanting Billings.

I doubt they trade with us if this is the case cause DT is a need of ours as well.

I am sure they would ask who we are taking.  Texans and Vikes aren't taking any DL.   They should be ok. And even if we didn't take Doctson and went DL they would get a guy they liked anyway.   Same as when we got Zeitler.... Even though he was our top guy.   

And I doubt marvin would shaft one of his own guys anyway.   
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it the more I think this Fuller trend is a huge smoke screen. The Bengals want Treadwell and/or Doctson to fall. Maybe Coleman as well. If they can get another team to bite on Fuller early, that means one of those players should be available for the Bengals at 24.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:13 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: The more I think about it the more I think this Fuller trend is a huge smoke screen. The Bengals want Treadwell and/or Doctson to fall. Maybe Coleman as well. If they can get another team to bite on Fuller early, that means one of those players should be available for the Bengals at 24.

Lap saying it himself automatically makes it a non smokescreen.

Top 3 WRs on their board are Doctson, Fuller, and Coleman, if it isn't obvious already.
Reply/Quote
The more I think about this, the more I think we're signaling to other teams that we're open to trading down, maybe with Tennessee for two of their 2nd Round picks. Now, if Doctson, Coleman, or (maybe) Treadwell are there at 24, I don't think we make that move, but Fuller could be had a little later in the draft IMHO. I don't think he's worth a 24.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I would be happy giving Washington our 4th round pick next year to move up for Doctson, or Treadwell.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am sure they would ask who we are taking.  Texans and Vikes aren't taking any DL.   They should be ok. And even if we didn't take Doctson and went DL they would get a guy they liked anyway.   Same as when we got Zeitler.... Even though he was our top guy.   

And I doubt marvin would shaft one of his own guys anyway.   

Why wouldn't the Texans be considering DL? They need a good 3-4 DE opposite JJ Watt. Vince Wilfork is 34 and entering a contract year. It'd be a great year to grab a future replacement at DT given how strong of a class it is this year.

I don't get why everyone thinks the Texans need a WR in the first round They have Hopkins (clear WR1). They drafted Jaelen Strong last year in the early third round. They also have Cecil Shorts. I can understand drafting a WR, but I don't think it needs to be in Round 1. They also could use OL since they are weak at C and their LT is coming off an injury.

Actually, a swap between the Bengals and Texans so that the Bengals can get their preferred WR over the Vikings and the Texans can get an extra pick and still get a good trench player makes sense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote