Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(12-22-2019, 08:46 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'm not trying to get in the middle of a semi funny argument. However, I think it needs to be pointed out that all these things that AJ has or hasnt done have never occurred during a legitimate contract year.

Also, AJ has never reffered to himself as a business.

You may continue...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"As the player, I have my own business, so if you do that I have to protect myself." - AJ Green
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ Green, one of the best players in the history of our franchise is a selfish clown now?

Ffs I’m about ready to take a break from this place.

“Selfish clown” may be a big stretch, but have you seen any of his media appearances recently?

AJ has been a bit of a pill lately.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:46 PM)JSR18 Wrote:  However, I think it needs to be pointed out that all these things that AJ has or hasnt done have never occurred during a legitimate contract year.

And what is the absolute worst thing a player could do in a contract year to drive down his value?

Have an injury and then have complications recovering from that injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:06 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: "As the player, I have my own business, so if you do that I have to protect myself." -  AJ Green

WhoDey2 True. That's what I was referring to. I should 've added "until now"... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And what is the absolute worst thing a player could do in a contract year to drive down his value?

Have an injury and then have complications recovering from that injury.

WhoDey2  I was just pointing out that fact. Never said it was a good or bad thing... 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:50 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  I was just pointing out that fact. Never said it was a good or bad thing... 

And I am just pointing out that there is no way in hell Green would have "faked" the one thing that will cost him the most money on his next contract.  That would have been crazy.

If he could have played at a top level then even a game or 2 this year would have made him many millions on his upcoming contract (possibly his last).
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I am just pointing out that there is no way in hell Green would have "faked" the one thing that will cost him the most money on his next contract.  That would have been crazy.

If he could have played at a top level then even a game or 2 this year would have made him many millions on his upcoming contract (possibly his last).

Pittsburgh never thought Bell would do what he did over his contract. God hath no wrath like a millionaire scorned.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: “Selfish clown” may be a big stretch, but have you seen any of his media appearances recently?

AJ has been a bit of a pill lately.

I met AJ Green and Marvin Jones in 2015... Let's just say Marvin was the more engaging of the two. AJ wasnts an asshole; he's just kinda aloof. Don't read too much into it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:31 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Pittsburgh never thought Bell would do what he did over his contract. God hath no wrath like a millionaire scorned.

Bell did not fake an injury that would make his contract value drop dramatically.

What he did has absolutely nothing to do with Green.  Even the most stubborn player is not going to fake an injury that costs him millions.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bell did not fake an injury that would make his contract value drop dramatically.

What he did has absolutely nothing to do with Green.  Even the most stubborn player is not going to fake an injury that costs him millions.

You'd be surprised what people will do when they think they have been wronged. Have you never seen someone quit their job ? Or stay at their job and do nothing productive? I have many times. People don't like it when they feel they are underappreciated. Whether you want to admit it or not AJ is like everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You'd be surprised what people will do when they think they have been wronged. Have you never seen someone quit their job ?

No.  I have never once seen a millionaire intentionally fake a situation that will cost him millions of dollars and gain him nothing.  When a player wants off a team he never does something that will ruin his chances to make money with another team.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I have never once seen a millionaire intentionally fake a situation that will cost him millions of dollars and gain him nothing.  When a player wants off a team he never does something that will ruin his chances to make money with another team.

I doubt any of us know too many millionaires but we all know the human reactions to being underappreciated. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I doubt any of us know too many millionaires but we all know the human reactions to being underappreciated. 

The Bengals made Green one of the highest paid WRs in the league.  They have never underappreciated him.

NFL players may hold out, but they don't intentionally fake not being able to recover from injuries and cost themselves millions of dollars.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:48 PM)jason Wrote: I met AJ Green and Marvin Jones in 2015... Let's just say Marvin was the more engaging of the two. AJ wasnts an asshole; he's just kinda aloof. Don't read too much into it.

AJ and Geno have been like that their entire careers here. Sorry, but in the era that diva WR’s reached an unbearable level, I’m not ever going to knock a guy like AJ Green. But that’s just me.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I am just pointing out that there is no way in hell Green would have "faked" the one thing that will cost him the most money on his next contract.  That would have been crazy.

WhoDey2 OK, and?

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ and Geno have been like that their entire careers here. Sorry, but in the era that diva WR’s reached an unbearable level, I’m not ever going to knock a guy like AJ Green. But that’s just me.

Neither am I... Like I said; he wasn't rude or a jerk. He was just sorta uncomfortable. And it wasn't like I ran up on them in public. They were at a paid event. He just doesn't seem to like crowds or attention all that much. His body language was a lot like what we see when he's on the sideline. I don't buy into people reading his mind this past season. He acted the same way 4 years ago when the team was winning.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Granted, there is a lot I don't know but AJ's injury seems mysterious in a couple of different ways. It supposedly happened at Welcome Stadium in Dayton, where the Bengals opened camp. Was there a "Tremors" worm that came up from under there and chomped on his ankle or something? From what I saw that day, it was a low intensity, t-shirts and shorts kind of workout for the team. How could he have been hurt so badly that he missed all 16 games of the season? Aren't we talking about a super-fit, conditioned athlete here? It's time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 09:18 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Granted, there is a lot I don't know but AJ's injury seems mysterious in a couple of different ways. It supposedly happened at Welcome Stadium in Dayton, where the Bengals opened camp. Was there a "Tremors" worm that came up from under there and chomped on his ankle or something? From what I saw that day, it was a low intensity, t-shirts and shorts kind of workout for the team. How could he have been hurt so badly that he missed all 16 games of the season? Aren't we talking about a super-fit, conditioned athlete here? It's time to move on.

Pretty simple. Dre came down on a AJ’s ankle and ****** it up.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 10:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty simple. Dre came down on a AJ’s ankle and ****** it up.

The only good hit Dre had all season
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 01:42 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 OK, and?

And nothing.

If you don't get my point then ask someone who can read what it means.
Reply/Quote