Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham talks draft!!
We are so goddamn screwed if mcg isn't there. Apparently we like mcg and miller at 21. Miller?!?!! Seriously?!?!?!? And are content to wait till rd2 for center. We like price the most out of all the centers. Will make his actual prediction on Tuesday.
Reply/Quote
John ross was a combine star. WJ3 as well.

One of the best combines for a tackle ever. Kolton is the guy i dont like to admit is probably on our board...

He has elite tools and physical ability and is on the upswing.

Im not a big fan of our first round pick not being an absolute stud. Ogbuehi supposedly had all the tools. Of course we never had the physical testing numbers for him. But watching Ogbuehi in college i saw nothing that said 1st round football player. I feel the same way with kolton.
Reply/Quote
I mean...if we take McGlinchey, I'd ***** love that.

Miller is a bit more...iffy. But he's got some Nate Solder in him, for sure.

Either one would start at RT right away. Granted, there isn't a lot of competition there.
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey would be great but he will likely be off the board. Miller is not going to be a good pick. Will end up a bust just like Ogbuehi. Then they will probably also sit and watch the top 3 Centers come off the board before we pick in the 2nd round. This could end up as my worst case scenario it sounds like.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course would love McGlinchey but i think some are pretty hard on Kolton Miller.

Dude has better stats in college as far as sacks and pressures than McGlinchey and was not next
to the best Guard in the country. Want Ragnow, McGlinchey and Wynn more than Miller though.

But Kolton Miller could be good too and i definately do not see the Og comparisons....

That is Connor Williams people. Mellow
Reply/Quote
So.... how about defense or trading back in round 1?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: John ross was a combine star. WJ3 as well.

One of the best combines for a tackle ever. Kolton is the guy i dont like to admit is probably on our board...

He has elite tools and physical ability and is on the upswing.

Im not a big fan of our first round pick not being an absolute stud. Ogbuehi supposedly had all the tools. Of course we never had the physical testing numbers for him. But watching Ogbuehi in college i saw nothing that said 1st round football player. I feel the same way with kolton.

Ask yourself how you would feel about Miller if the Pats took him at 31.  Is he still not a guy that we want?  Or would you like him better when the Pats have a proven model of being able to coach up guys and start them on their line as rookies?  Maybe the new offensive line coach can develop him better (smarter?) than Alexander.  

To be clear, Miller is not my choice in Rd 1, and I think there are lots of potential impact players that could be there at #21.   I just wonder how many other teams want OTs and the Bengals putting this out there with their real mouth piece (Lap, not Hob) might get some teams to make a substantial offer to move up to #21.

I still think our most likely scenario is we slide in Rd 1 and get Price or Ragnow.  I will know a lot more by the end of the day and will share on here all I learn. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked Miller back in January a lot but not at 12. At 21 I actually like him a lot and think he is the second Tackle behind McGlinchey. Add in the fact that we can play him at RT instead of LT with Glenn and it's a nice bonus. You also always have the option for him to slide back over if Glenn is hurt. If we came out of the first two rounds with a Miller/Price combo I'd feel pretty good about the draft and next season.
Reply/Quote
I think McGlinchey would make a great RT in the NFL and what i like most about him is his technique and attitude. I also probably like Hernandez's personality and locker room presence the best of all players.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I’d rather see ragnow and brown than Miller and price. Or okorafor, Jones, rankin or even Richardson later. I think I have a man crush on Frankie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
kolton miller is terrible and is one of the key reasons josh rosen was always injured

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 09:37 AM)Okeana Wrote: kolton miller is terrible and is one of the key reasons josh rosen was always injured

Really? Because he gave up 15 pressures total last year including 2 sacks and only 8 hits on over 500 pass block snaps. He actually had one of the best statistical years of any tackle in the draft and that was with Rosen who isn't a real runner. 
Reply/Quote
While Miller does have a lot of Nate Solder in him, he also has some "in a phone booth" limits that won't allow him to pull or move a whole lot. He would probably make a pretty good RT in the league, but if we needed him to be on the left side if Glenn can't go, it would be a lot more of what we saw from Cedric, slow feet and power rushers getting by him because of poor hand placement.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:37 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: So.... how about defense or trading back in round 1?

Exactly....why not grab a Rashaan Evans at Linebacker or trade back to late first and take the Center they like best at that point. Miller is a huge reach at #21 for me. I would hate that pick. McGlinchy at OT or you wait til 2nd or 3rd round for that position. This is a weak OT class but you can't reach for a guy based on his athleticism and potential in the first round.
Reply/Quote
Someone here will be mad no matter what we do. The reality is we have plenty of needs based on us picking 12th (now 21) but we can't fix them all with our 1st or 2nd round pick so we will need some guys to develop or some late round guys to step up. The draft is always funny because for a system that professional personnel people struggle to do well, fans tend to go into it and judge picks as if there is an exact science that only they have figured out.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course would love McGlinchey but i think some are pretty hard on Kolton Miller.

Dude has better stats in college as far as sacks and pressures than McGlinchey and was not next
to the best Guard in the country. Want Ragnow, McGlinchey and Wynn more than Miller though.

But Kolton Miller could be good too and i definately do not see the Og comparisons....

That is Connor Williams people. Mellow

The first mock I did for the year I had us making a trade with Buffalo for picks 12 and 22...that didn't quite happen but I had us taking Miller at 22 (we are picking at 21 now and also had Price in the 2nd for us. You were not a fan of Miller at all, what has changed? Below is a quote from you on that mock draft. Not trying to argue just wondered why you think he will be really good all of the sudden? I think he is an athlete more than a bookend Tackle and would be a huge reach personally.

"Don't like Kolton Miller from when i watched UCLA, he seemed to always be the one giving up pressure."
Reply/Quote
A tackle doesn't really do much for me in this draft. I don't think there are really any great starters.

The reality is that we have Fisher, Hopkins and Johnson playing on our line right now.

IF I have to pick two to upgrade, I'm going to get a C and a RG. I think Fisher is much more serviceable and has more upside than Johnson and Hopkins. I'm hoping he can stay healthy and have a breakthrough year.
Reply/Quote
Put me down as NOT a fan of Miller.
Reply/Quote
Kolton Miller will likely end up being a very good pass blocker. He has quick feet good balance and uses his length very well.

My issue with Miller is while he has great athleticism he has no bend. He doesn't seem able to sink his knees and hips to win with leverage in the run game.

By no means is Miller an Ogbeuhi clone because Ceds issue is letting defenders into his body trying to hug them instead of using his length.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 11:24 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: The first mock I did for the year I had us making a trade with Buffalo for picks 12 and 22...that didn't quite happen but I had us taking Miller at 22 (we are picking at 21 now and also had Price in the 2nd for us. You were not a fan of Miller at all, what has changed? Below is a quote from you on that mock draft. Not trying to argue just wondered why you think he will be really good all of the sudden? I think he is an athlete more than a bookend Tackle and would be a huge reach personally.

"Don't like Kolton Miller from when i watched UCLA, he seemed to always be the one giving up pressure."

Nice job finding that quote man lol

At the time all i had was my own judgment from a game or two and they must of just been his bad ones.

You look at the stats and he was tons better overall than i thought especially in not giving up sacks.

He only gave up 2 sacks, 8 hits and 15 pressures as Au165 shown.

Still like McGlinchey more as i said, would rather us trade down if we want Miller.

Want Ragnow more than anyone by far in this Draft though, want Ragnow at 21. Don't like that the Panthers
brought in Ragnow and pick right behind us in the first. If they Draft Ragnow i will be pissed man. Seriously
believe that even if they do not pick Ragnow at 24 they will trade up in the 2nd ahead of us and take him.
Reply/Quote