Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham thinks Bengals should trade McCarron
If the Bengals are offered the right offer. Here's the audio from the interview

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/listen-lap-on-deal-or-no-15448128/
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Of course we should.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course we should.

But, what about his hair, dammit?  Let's get that settled before we go tradin' the guy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But, what about his hair, dammit?  Let's get that settled before we go tradin' the guy.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
Who offered us a 2nd and 4th?

I'd take that, particularly if it's from a weak team with high picks. We need two OTs, a pass rushing DE or two, a couple of LBs, a Center and a kicker. Don't forget that we'll also need a new backup QB unless Driskel can do something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who offered us a 2nd and 4th?

I'd take that, particularly if it's from a weak team with high picks. We need two OTs, a pass rushing DE or two, a couple of LBs, a Center and a kicker. Don't forget that we'll also need a new backup QB unless Driskel can do something.
A team that never faces zone coverage made that offer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who offered us a 2nd and 4th?

Whoa, would take that yesterday! Shocked
Reply/Quote
Takes two to tango.
Reply/Quote
Love Lap, but I don't believe the Bengals were offered a 2 and a 4 for Mccarron. No way they'd turn that down.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:39 AM)ZWP Wrote: Love Lap, but I don't believe the Bengals were offered a 2 and a 4 for Mccarron. No way they'd turn that down.

We were we wanted a first and a 4th. Remember this was right after Andy got hurt and he was still hurt. We wanted a lot at  that time
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:39 AM)ZWP Wrote: Love Lap, but I don't believe the Bengals were offered a 2 and a 4 for Mccarron. No way they'd turn that down.

If there is anyone that you should listen to its lapham.I would say hes the best source of info from any source regarding the bengals including guessing draft picks before they are made.He is close enough to the franchise to know ,but not so close that he is made to lie like giggles or mb.....If lapham says it u can most likely take it to the bank .
Reply/Quote
If we can get a 2 & 4 then "Get -R- Done"
Reply/Quote

I could see them turning it down thinking they were going to make a run in the playoffs and wanting to have a backup QB. They brought in Driskel after that to develop him so they'd have someone in that role.
Reply/Quote
I would be happy with a 2nd and 4th and I think thats honestly a solid deal for both sides.

They brought in Driskel with the mindset that McCarron would be traded, now lets get a deal done!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I could see McCarron being part of a draft day trade.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals blew their opportunity to trade McCarron to the Vikings (the team who likely tried). That trade offer won't happen again. I just don't see us getting a significant offer for him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But, what about his hair, dammit?  Let's get that settled before we go tradin' the guy.

This is what I'm talking about! Nobody is gonna give us what we want with that rats nest he has. New hair or GTFO, macaroni!

Reply/Quote
Is the team smart enough to take a 2nd and 4th for mccarron? God I hope so...
Reply/Quote

I believe it, and I also believe that Mike Brown turned it down. 

Think about it - this team was looking at a playoff run this year and they couldn't risk losing Dalton to an injury.  McCarron proved he could perform and get this team to a playoff win.

Now, there is a bunch of uncertainty about how good this team will be next year, so there's no need to keep him around.  Worst case sign a vet to back up Dalton and get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

Also, I was listending to Bill Polian on ESPN the other day, and he views the top 2 QB targets this year as Jimmy G and AJ.
Reply/Quote
He's a free agent at the end of next season so I would even take a 3rd round pick for him. No point in letting him walk next year and get nothing for him ,plus we have a ton of holes on this roster to fill. If they don't trade him keeping Driskel this season made no sense. His value was at its highest last season don't see any way a team gives up a 1st round pick for him. I also think he's a bit overrated by Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote