Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry Ogunjobi Signed!

How many guys have hit that giant DT/FB the Ravens have and made him fumble in the backfield? Like at 2:16 in this
Reply/Quote
More weapons for are defensive minded head coach. We need to appeases Lou Anarumo at all costs and build around him. In all seriousness I think it’s a good move but hoping we land Gollady/ offensive line help and stop neglecting the offense.
Reply/Quote
Can he play OG?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is why people are sort of... meh to the signing. 

When he wants to push and work he can be a force but when he takes plays off it looks bad.

And that likely explains why he got a one year deal.  Good.  He will be hungry.  Seems like he is pretty capable when he is hungry.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was actually hoping this would be our Geno replacement. At a time early in his career people thought he could potentially become Geno but his inconsistency has always been the issue. I like the upside here and if he can find some consistency we may have found a really nice piece here.
Reply/Quote
Well not as good as peak Geno, but few are. But most likely better than anyone other of our DTs besides Reader and Geno if normal. Not bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this dude produces those kind of pressure and sack numbers while he's taking plays off, he might be an All-Pro if he tries all the time.

Are a few splash plays worth it if hes not completeing his assignment all the time?    IE more bad plays than good.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Are a few splash plays worth it if hes not completeing his assignment all the time?    IE more bad plays than good.

He was a better run defender than anyone on this team last year at DT, so you get the couple splash plays plus a better run defender. 
Reply/Quote
Now wait a minute. I thought pressures was good? More important then sacks. Let's be consistent in our debates guys (and gals).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I wonder if he's Mike Daniels replacement or will be Geno Atkins replacement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder if he's Mike Daniels replacement or will be Geno Atkins replacement.

Mike Daniels seems really content in Cincy based on all interviews so I would hope we could retain him cheap.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:41 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Mike Daniels seems really content in Cincy based on all interviews so I would hope we could retain him cheap.

Reader, Geno, Ogunjobi, and Daniels would be nasty. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:41 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Mike Daniels seems really content in Cincy based on all interviews so I would hope we could retain him cheap.

I really want a DT drafted though. I was not impressed with what I saw from Daniels last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Reader, Geno, Ogunjobi, and Daniels would be nasty. 

That would be a solid rotation, especially if Geno is even 75% of what he used to be.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I really want a DT drafted though. I was not impressed with what I saw from Daniels last year.

They still could
Draft DT later, but I don’t think they planned on taking DT in any of the 1st two rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I really want a DT drafted though. I was not impressed with what I saw from Daniels last year.

Daniels is no longer a starter, but i do think he is a solid rotational piece.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: Now wait a minute. I thought pressures was good? More important then sacks. Let's be consistent in our debates guys (and gals).

If he generates pressure from the interior, it will go a long way in making the Hendrickson signing work.
Reply/Quote
We all want them to address the OL, but the reality is if we can get a top 10 to 15 defense, Joe Burrow stays on the field more and we can be more patient. The recipe of throwing 40+ times every game is a recipe for disaster.

Now restructure/cut Geno.
Cut Gio and save 4 million to spend on the OL (we have Mixon and Perrine) as the RB situation is better than our guard situation. Also, I see starting RB's getting paid 2 million on 1 year deals, why pay a back up RB 4 million? It makes no sense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We all want them to address the OL, but the reality is if we can get a top 10 to 15 defense, Joe Burrow stays on the field more and we can be more patient. The recipe of throwing 40+ times every game is a recipe for disaster.

Now restructure/cut Geno.
Cut Gio and save 4 million to spend on the OL (we have Mixon and Perrine) as the RB situation is better than our guard situation. Also, I see starting RB's getting paid 2 million on 1 year deals, why pay a back up RB 4 million? It makes no sense.

They also have Trayveon Williams, who is a more-than-capable RB3, if not RB2.
Between Mixon, Perine, and Williams, there is no need for Bernard.
Trayveon williams is a solid pass blocker, so he can do those duties.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not trying to be negative because some players perform different on a new team but reading the Browns message board it seems the overall general opinion is he was a disappointment in a Cleveland. For what it’s worth that is just fan speak but I find usually the fans of a team aren’t far off. Assuming you read more than just a few comments. It’s always interesting to see how that turns out.

So far....
Steelers fans really like Mike Hilton. One fan said him going to division foei is a nightmare. Lol

Cowboys fans were so so on Awuzie as feelings seemed a little mixed for the most part but not sad to see him go.

Hendrickson was really liked by the fans. Say he has a high motor. Most say we overpaid but generally that’s how it goes in the early days of free agency. Kinda the nature of the beast,

I know it doesn’t mean much but I like to read other teams fan bases reactions. For example Cardinals fans in general not too excited about the AJ Green signing.
Reply/Quote