Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry Ogunjobi Signed!
(03-18-2021, 10:17 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: . For what it’s worth that is just fan speak but I find usually the fans of a team aren’t far off.

You obviously were not around here when Justin Smith was bum who just jumped on the pile 5 yards downfield to accumulate tackles.

Or when Andrew Whitworth couldn't handle speed rushers and needed to be moved to guard.

Or when Leon Hall was too slow to play CB.

Or when Domata Peko was such garbage that the fact that we started him proved the Bengals did not care about winning. 

And remember when Christian Westerman was the answer to our problems at OG, and Auden Tate was a star in the making, and Rex Burkhead was going to be a star with the Patriots, and Jason Shirley was going to be a great DT.  Vincent Rey had one big game against the Ravens and for a year all I heard was how our defense should be built around him as a starting LB.

Many times fans know more about there specific team than analyst that cover the entire league, but they also pick favorite players and turn on others for strange reasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:17 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Not trying to be negative because some players perform different on a new team but reading the Browns message board it seems the overall general opinion is he was a disappointment in a Cleveland. For what it’s worth that is just fan speak but I find usually the fans of a team aren’t far off. Assuming you read more than just a few comments. It’s always interesting to see how that turns out.

So far....
Steelers fans really like Mike Hilton. One fan said him going to division foei is a nightmare. Lol

Cowboys fans were so so on Awuzie as feelings seemed a little mixed for the most part but not sad to see him go.

Hendrickson was really liked by the fans. Say he has a high motor. Most say we overpaid but generally that’s how it goes in the early days of free agency. Kinda the nature of the beast,

I know it doesn’t mean much but I like to read other teams fan bases reactions. For example Cardinals fans in general not too excited about the AJ Green signing.

Like I said, I think he has the potential and, knowing that it’s only a one-year deal, he knows he has to go all-out and bust his ass because he knows it’s an audition.
Reply/Quote
We are in the store.
We are shopping.
But we only have Ramen and can of tuna fish.
Get out of aisle 3!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is why people are sort of... meh to the signing. 

When he wants to push and work he can be a force but when he takes plays off it looks bad.

How can a DT with 107 pressures and 18 sacks grade that poorly?

Because sometimes PFF individual player ratings are a joke?

Last year he played 60% of the snaps on the leagues #3 rush defense and had as many TFLs as Sheldon Richardson.

He was making a ton of huge plays in 2018 and 2019.  Over those two seasons among all DTs he ranked 5th in TFLs (20), 6th in solo tackles (68), 11th in QB hits (28), and 12th in sacks (11).

This guy is only 26 years old and has no major injury issues.  He is a great athlete who blew up the combine when he placed first among DTs in both the broad jump and vertical, 3rd in the three-cone, 4th in bench, and 5th in the forty.

I think this could be a great signing.  But I think I considered DT a much bigger need than most people around here.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: Geno is actually Larry mentor they train a lot in the off-season together. Don't be surprised if this means Geno is staying.

I just saw a video on Jaylen Tynman from PITT, now this guy looks like a Geno version 2.0. 
Maybe in Round 2 if there grab this dude.
Still dont understand anyone one on this  board who thinks keeping and restructuring Geno is a good thing..see my post yesterday
"why Clinging to Geno"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:58 AM)kalibengal Wrote: see my post yesterday "why Clinging to Geno"

The one where you claimed Geno's last good season was FOUR years ago?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The one where you claimed Geno's last good season was FOUR years ago?

Hilarious

yes that one...i estimated 4 yrs obviously, mabe its 2 or 3?..the point is hes DONE and maybe gets a fresh start elsewhere and can be a good contributor.  funny you cant admit hes basically washed up and his contract is a big load this team should cut off from......especially now that we signed LOg ..... It woukd be the AJ Green feeling again all season.  Loved Geno way back when but its time.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:58 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I just saw a video on Jaylen Tynman from PITT, now this guy looks like a Geno version 2.0. 
Maybe in Round 2 if there grab this dude.
Still dont understand anyone one on this  board who thinks keeping and restructuring Geno is a good thing..see my post yesterday
"why Clinging to Geno"

You probably can get Twyman in the 4th-5th RD. He had a bad pro day except for bench press.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My understanding is that the Browns played Larry 1T and he is a natural 3T. Also, his PFF rankings were low because of his inconsistencies. He would hit pay dirt then get blown out of lane. He flashes but just needs consistency.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously were not around here when Justin Smith was bum who just jumped on the pile 5 yards downfield to accumulate tackles.

Or when Andrew Whitworth couldn't handle speed rushers and needed to be moved to guard.

Or when Leon Hall was too slow to play CB.

Or when Domata Peko was such garbage that the fact that we started him proved the Bengals did not care about winning. 

And remember when Christian Westerman was the answer to our problems at OG, and Auden Tate was a star in the making, and Rex Burkhead was going to be a star with the Patriots, and Jason Shirley was going to be a great DT.  Vincent Rey had one big game against the Ravens and for a year all I heard was how our defense should be built around him as a starting LB.

Many times fans know more about there specific team than analyst that cover the entire league, but they also pick favorite players and turn on others for strange reasons.

Yes I was around. I always for one thought the hate for Justin Smith was uncalled for. Of course what I said doesn’t always apply. That is why I said in general. I in no way meant it was exact. I just think it’s interesting getting the overall feel for the player from the previous fan base. That’s it, nothing more. However if it makes you feel better to correct me so be it. Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, I think he has the potential and, knowing that it’s only a one-year deal, he knows he has to go all-out and bust his ass because he knows it’s an audition.

I agree and that should for sure be a motivator. Let’s hope that is the case here.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:23 PM)J24 Wrote: You probably can get Twyman in the 4th-5th RD. He had a bad pro day except for bench press.

I would prefer the Edge rushers (Jones, and Weaver) from Pitt over Twyman at DT
Reply/Quote
Kinda mixed feelings. We should be good at that spot next year, but if has a solid season and moves on, were going to be hurting in the long run.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bye bye Geno. Another big signing for Anarumo.

Tbh, I think it's a good signing no matter how much people poo poo on every signing we make. I'm angry we're ignoring the o-line, but I'm not going to pretend this isn't another good piece from another playoff team.

Another signing that hurts a division foe,  at that. So poo poo away.

Yeah, good signing. We just want to stop ignoring the O-line. It is painting us into a corner come Draft time where we will HAVE
to take lots of Lineman. We only have like 3 or 4 OL even signed on the team, the FO must be up to something. This is driving a 
lot of fans insane. The Defense is looking good once again but like Harley said in another thread...

We cannot just ignore our franchise QB. It is insulting to be honest.

But getting LO is good for the D.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:10 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yes that one...i estimated 4 yrs obviously, mabe its 2 or 3?..the point is hes DONE and maybe gets a fresh start elsewhere and can be a good contributor.  funny you cant admit hes basically washed up and his contract is a big load this team should cut off from......especially now that we signed LOg ..... It woukd be the AJ Green feeling again all season.  Loved Geno way back when but its time.  

Is it the math that is confusing you? He was Pro Bowl year before last, with the most single season tackles in his career. He was hurt last year in the pre season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My understanding is that the Browns played Larry 1T and he is a natural 3T.  Also, his PFF rankings were low because of his inconsistencies.  He would hit pay dirt then get blown out of lane.  He flashes but just needs consistency.
That makes me even more excited!  Put him back where he belongs and couple it with the motivation of playing for a new deal and we have a hell of a linemen!
(03-18-2021, 02:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Kinda mixed feelings. We should be good at that spot next year, but if has a solid season and moves on, were going to be hurting in the long run.
You have to think that, when we have a solid season, he'll want to stay, we'll offer him a nice contract, or it will draw more quality free agents.  You also have to think that other teams might not be impressed with the one solid (consistent) season and will want to see more consistency.
(03-18-2021, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, good signing. We just want to stop ignoring the O-line. It is painting us into a corner come Draft time where we will HAVE
to take lots of Lineman. We only have like 3 or 4 OL even signed on the team, the FO must be up to something. This is driving a 
lot of fans insane. The Defense is looking good once again but like Harley said in another thread...

We cannot just ignore our franchise QB. It is insulting to be honest.

But getting LO is good for the D.

Yeah.  I'm praying that we have a plan because it all starts up front and Burrow has the talent to take us there.  It doesn't matter how good our defense is if the offense can't put any points on the board because, regardless of how good your defense is, you can't stop everyone in today's NFL.

The best defense in the league last season was the Rams and they still gave up 18.5 points per game, so we need to be able to score.

Mixon is a weapon and Burrow has pretty unlimited potential, so just protect them and let them do their thing.

If we put together a solid offensive line, I'm LOVING our chances, but I'll believe it when it happens........>
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah.  I'm praying that we have a plan because it all starts up front and Burrow has the talent to take us there.  It doesn't matter how good our defense is if the offense can't put any points on the board because, regardless of how good your defense is, you can't stop everyone in today's NFL.

The best defense in the league last season was the Rams and they still gave up 18.5 points per game, so we need to be able to score.

Mixon is a weapon and Burrow has pretty unlimited potential, so just protect them and let them do their thing.

If we put together a solid offensive line, I'm LOVING our chances, but I'll believe it when it happens........>

We will see, hopefully we land Reiff and a Guard and free up the Draft so we can add the weapons we need.

What is great about Burrow is he can manage with not the greatest weapons. The problem is he cannot manage without a 
decent O-line. Same with every other great QB, the O-line is where it starts and sadly where it can end as we all witnessed 
last season. 

But yeah, I like the Ogunjobi signing quite a bit, was pushing for Rankins but this guy is good when he is put in the right 
spot (3-tech) and is trying. Just what we needed in case Geno isn't the same. Quite a few 3-techs in this Draft I also like in
Darius Stills, Oda (crazy name), Twyman, Nixon (who I really like but he might go early).
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, hopefully we land Reiff and a Guard and free up the Draft so we can add the weapons we need.

What is great about Burrow is he can manage with not the greatest weapons. The problem is he cannot manage without a 
decent O-line. Same with every other great QB, the O-line is where it starts and sadly where it can end as we all witnessed 
last season. 

But yeah, I like the Ogunjobi signing quite a bit, was pushing for Rankins but this guy is good when he is put in the right 
spot (3-tech) and is trying. Just what we needed in case Geno isn't the same. Quite a few 3-techs in this Draft I also like in
Darius Stills, Oda (crazy name), Twyman, Nixon (who I really like but he might go early).

Yep. Like I said, the front office can’t be this stupid, so there HAS to be things going on behind closed doors. Everyone knows that our front office has always been closed lip, so maybe we are trying, but you just have to think that, with everything on the internet these days, we would have heard about it.

Maybe they just waiting for cuts to be made once teams sign/draft other guys, which I hope isn’t the case because that’s a dangerous game to play, but it could also end up working out for us.

Like you said, Burrow doesn’t need the best weapons to succeed, especially with a back like Mixon, but it’s hard to ignore how explosive our offense could be if we gave him protection AND weapons.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep. Like I said, the front office can’t be this stupid, so there HAS to be things going on behind closed doors. Everyone knows that our front office has always been closed lip, so maybe we are trying, but you just have to think that, with everything on the internet these days, we would have heard about it.

Maybe they just waiting for cuts to be made once teams sign/draft other guys, which I hope isn’t the case because that’s a dangerous game to play, but it could also end up working out for us.

Like you said, Burrow doesn’t need the best weapons to succeed, especially with a back like Mixon, but it’s hard to ignore how explosive our offense could be if we gave him protection AND weapons.

We got Reiff Brad.ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We got Reiff Brad.ThumbsUp

Did he sign? Haven’t seen anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote