Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last place winless Steelers
Don't really have anything else to say. It just feels so good to write that.
Reply/Quote
But they often start slow then turn it on in midseason
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Their defense looks human!
Reply/Quote
Players turning on Bell. Brown arguing with coaches. Towel-waving douchers booing their team. All music to my ears.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:42 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Players turning on Bell.  Brown arguing with coaches.  Towel-waving douchers booing their team.  All music to my ears.

It will get worse "if" the losing continues. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It will get worse "if" the losing continues. 
Steeler's fan exposure to losing is 8-8 record I believe. My point is they will explode if they go 7-8-1.  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steeler's fan exposure to losing is 8-8 record I believe. My point is they will explode if they go 7-8-1.  ThumbsUp

Hoping for a 5-10-1 record to really watch the fireworks. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well, they have the Browns at home, so that should be a win. 1 - 14 - 1 isn't that bad. Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
If they get to 4 losses without a win, Piggy will fake another injury so he won't have to go on the field again. Then, if they somehow manage to fight their way back into contention, he will miraculously re-emerge, Warrior that he is, to single handedly save the season.....
Reply/Quote
I remember going to Crosley Field in the 1930s to watch Speedy Thomas. There was him and Shorty Jones, and Fangs McGraw. Oh and Jelly Johnson and Fatty Liepschwitz who was actually a beanpole. and who can forget Wrong Way Wayne Jergens. That was baseball.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 05:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember going to Crosley Field in the 1930s to watch Speedy Thomas.  There was him and Shorty Jones, and Fangs McGraw.  Oh and Jelly Johnson and Fatty Liepschwitz who was actually a beanpole.  and who can forget Wrong Way Wayne Jergens.  That was baseball.

You're slippin'. His name was Jelly Jones.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:15 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Don't really have anything else to say.  It just feels so good to write that.

I look for next weekend to be another shoot out. They're due for a win so they can be 1-1-1. I have a bad feeling about the Tampa Bay game though.
Reply/Quote
They should bring back the Smack Scoreboard!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're slippin'. His name was Jelly Jones.

Dammit and I even had the ball signed by the whole team sitting right in front of me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:15 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Don't really have anything else to say.  It just feels so good to write that.

While it is fun to rag on the Steelers fans it's only two games into the season. If we lose this weekend and they win the lead shrinks to a half game. All we as fans can hope for is that the team progresses and wins the division no matter what the Steelers do. WHO DEY!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 11:27 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Their defense looks human!

Where have you been for the last several seasons? They've been quite pedestrian for a while now.
Reply/Quote
This is when a team has to pull together to turn things around. At the moment, that does not seem to be happening.

Bad things can snowball. It's not what I expect to happen to the Steelers but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

But I want to take their crown when they're standing straight and tall anyway, not reach down and pick it up when they fall down and it falls off their head.

And the defense is the problem. Go figure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The fans of Cincinnati should treat Andy Dalton with more respect.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 06:22 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The fans of Cincinnati should treat Andy Dalton with more respect.

Totally agree, about Dalton and about Popular Vote Loser.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 09:45 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Totally agree, about Dalton and about Popular Vote Loser.

Dude Benjamin Harrison has been dead for years. Let him Rest In Peace already.

Reply/Quote