Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson was a Monster...Hubbard too
Ben looked uncomfortable in the pocket and Lawson got pretty consistent pressure off the edge.

Of Jackson and Lawson and which to keep, 1 played amazing. The other played well, but had an easy interview fall through his arms.

Hubbard got some pressure too.

When the D gets pressure, it plays well. I feel like Daniel's and Covington played well too and didnt get pushed around.

Bynes was active too. Then of course Bell.
Reply/Quote
Ben looked done.

The time may have finally come.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:46 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Ben looked done.  

Hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:46 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Ben looked done.  

Ben has looked done before and has come back to being all world again
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:04 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Ben has looked done before and has come back to being all world again

Yeah, and he already said he wants to play next year....
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, and he already said he wants to play next year....

Yeah he isnt done yet.  But nothing would make me happier than watching him continue to play while his skills have eroded so badly
Reply/Quote
He looks overweight, slow, and his arm has no zip.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He looks overweight, slow, and his arm has no zip.

I think he only had one pass that went into a tight window with zip on it.
Reply/Quote
I'm with you. In the thread about the two, Lawson was my pick to keep. Last night solidified that for me. If WJIII takes a hometown discount, I'm in. Elite pay needs to come with elite play. Dropping a game sealing pick that was right in your hands isn't elite play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm with you. In the thread about the two, Lawson was my pick to keep. Last night solidified that for me. If WJIII takes a hometown discount, I'm in. Elite pay needs to come with elite play. Dropping a game sealing pick that was right in your hands isn't elite play.

its why hes a DB 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm with you. In the thread about the two, Lawson was my pick to keep. Last night solidified that for me. If WJIII takes a hometown discount, I'm in. Elite pay needs to come with elite play. Dropping a game sealing pick that was right in your hands isn't elite play.

It seems to happen a lot with this secondary...dropping gift INT's  I saw far more effort on the tough one that wouldnt have been a pick by the other DB(who's name escapes me)   Looked like it skipped the ground then rolled around on his legs till he eventually muffed it
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: its why hes a DB 

I get that, but when we're looking at pay grade, things like that  have to be considered. You gotta make those plays if you wanna get that huge payday. I'm all for keeping him, but not at the cost of shoring up the oline. 

If it's between him and Lawson, I roll with Lawson. That's my point. It's kinda continuing another conversation in another thread.

(12-22-2020, 11:25 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: It seems to happen a lot with this secondary...dropping gift INT's  I saw far more effort on the tough one that wouldnt have been a pick by the other DB(who's name escapes me)   Looked like it skipped the ground then rolled around on his legs till he eventually muffed it

That was Phillips if I recall correctly. You're right. Our safeties have made some picks over the years, but it seems most of the CBs have stone hands.

Reply/Quote
Lawson needs to be re-signed, and add another pass rusher or two in the offseason to help him and Hubbard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Lawson needs to be re-signed, and add another pass rusher or two in the offseason to help him and Hubbard.

They need some push up the middle, and a rotational player or two for him and Hubbard.

Reply/Quote
Said in the other thread that Lawson was more important. Putting pressure and getting hits and sacks makes even mediocre secondaries look good.
Reply/Quote
I came into the game preferring to keep WJIII over Lawson but need to admit that Lawson is the better player. Not basing that on one game but WJIII played like he usually does. Lots of good plays. Right beside his man but made two huge mistakes. The dropped INT and the pass interference in the end zone when we was there to make the play anyways. WJIII always leaves me wanting more. Lawson put pressure on Ben all night and I wonder what it would have looked like if there was an inside pass rush to force Ben back
Reply/Quote
I was on the fence about re-signing Lawson because of his injury history, but his play has been outstanding this season. I hope they re-sign him, even if it means letting WJ3 walk.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t seen Lawson look that dominant since he abused Jason Peters in the Philly game.

I’ve said all along I’d prefer t keep him over WJ3 if it’s one or the other.

Reply/Quote
I said in the other thread, Carl Lawson will be a top 3 pass rusher on the FA market. I think people here will be surprised what it costs to re-sign him if they pull it off.
Reply/Quote
This is why we won.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote