Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor wants to push Andy past his limitations
(01-04-2018, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or just brandish a pair of scissors and let him know the next time he runs out of the pocket prematurely then rubber wedding band gets it. 

Or the $200 haircut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That's great that Bill is saying that. There is only one issue with that....Andy is not capable of going beyond his limits. Which is why it is hard to win with him. They rained him in years ago with short passes because when they tried to give him the throws that the elite QBs can make he struggles. Which is why its hard to win with average Andy. So good luck with that Bill. And I love how Bill is basically saying Andy is limited. pretty funny!!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or the $200 haircut.

If that thing cost $200 he is getting ripped off  Hilarious That's not hard to cut or shape at all. Just a basic skin fade with lots of texture and length on top, texturize the front with a razor. Blow dry and style with a hair clay or pomade. Shouldn't cost more than $20

(Yes, I took a few barber courses  Mellow  )
Reply/Quote
Maybe he can have Andy practice throwing a deep ball and it landing, if not in his WR's arms, at least...in the field of play? Maybe?

Can we start there?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe he can have Andy practice throwing a deep ball and it landing, if not in his WR's arms, at least...in the field of play? Maybe?

Can we start there?

But if a floating deep ball lands in play the percentage of it getting picked off increases... How much exactly? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Benton Wrote: What limitations could he have left? What is practice going to entail when actual games consisted of no OL and receivers running bad routes?

I'm not anti-Andy, but trying to 'push him to his limits' doesn't seem like it's going to fix the issues with his game. It's like Marvin Lewis said "Hey, Lazerbeam, come up with a retread of 'We've got to do things better' and you can handle any post game."

Throwing passes 20 yards downfield is not going to go beyond Daltons limits it will help Dalton lose the nickname checkdown Andy.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:47 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: But if a floating deep ball lands in play the percentage of it getting picked off increases... How much exactly? Hmm

Maybe we can change the playbook of the last three OC and have routes not tiptoe right next to the sideline and bring the route a few yards inbounds so the WR can adjust to the throw and the QB does not have to make a perfect throw to keep it inbound.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe he can have Andy practice throwing a deep ball and it landing, if not in his WR's arms, at least...in the field of play? Maybe?

Can we start there?

We did see a lot of that this year, but I don't recall a lot of his deep passes going oob before.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Alas the anti-Andy "fans" have taken Lazor's remark and twisted it into some sort of statement that Andy is not a good QB. Lest we forget in the same conference both he and Lewis noted the problems the poor pass blocking caused. Believe it or not, it is part of any good coaching program to push ANY QB no matter who they are and make them uncomfortable at times.

Put this remark together with Lazor's playbook remarks (feels like it was the product of three OCs) and I think a more likely understanding is he wants to stop the micromanagement of the offense on the field - more up tempo and maybe even let Andy call the plays more. Only time will tell.
Reply/Quote
So he wants Andy to perform like a good QB in prime time and playoff games.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to like Lazor.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Benton Wrote: What limitations could he have left? What is practice going to entail when actual games consisted of no OL and receivers running bad routes?

I'm not anti-Andy, but trying to 'push him to his limits' doesn't seem like it's going to fix the issues with his game. It's like Marvin Lewis said "Hey, Lazerbeam, come up with a retread of 'We've got to do things better' and you can handle any post game."

True. Fixing the line will already give you a guy that can compete at a top 10 level. The kind of practice Dalton needs is effectively moving around in the pocket to buy a second or two to find an open receiver and not jetting out for the sidelines and throwing the ball away 95 percent of the time as soon as there's a little bit of pressure.

Of course, that entails teaching the WRs how put some effort into finding some holes in the defense to get open when their route is done and the QB has to extend a play.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In the '81 opener Kenny wasn't getting it done. So, Forest told him to grab some pine and he threw Turkt into the game.  The team rallied and won.  Was Kenny so delicate and distraught that he collapsed into the fetal position the rest of the season?  Nope, he got back on the horse and road it all the way to Pontiac.  Wished to hell Marvin would have tried that with Andy...oh....any of the numerous times he's stunk up the joint over the years.  No one should be above being yanked from a game, ever.

Eh.  That approach almost cost the Bills their playoff spot this year.  Don't think that head games are necessary for the type of personality that Dalton has.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for a new QB all together.

At this point with Marvin back i'm not sure whether that would even make a big difference. This franchise is f'd.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:41 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If that thing cost $200 he is getting ripped off  Hilarious That's not hard to cut or shape at all. Just a basic skin fade with lots of texture and length on top, texturize the front with a razor. Blow dry and style with a hair clay or pomade. Shouldn't cost more than $20

(Yes, I took a few barber courses  Mellow  )

All that? I thought it was Something simple like some clippers, a shop-vac and a cup of Afro sheen?

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 07:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All that? I thought it was Something simple like some clippers, a shop-vac and a cup of Afro sheen?

Pretty much. I just jazzed up the process to make it sound like I know what I'm talking about  Ninja

But really, it's a basic men's haircut that Andy could easily get at a supercuts. I know he's worth millions but still, if he's paying $200 a month for that he needs to be smacked upside the head. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Consistency has always been the problem with both Dalton and before him Palmer...

I blame Zampese probably most of all, but we cannot forget that dead horse that i just keep beating.

......and Zampese was BOTH of their QB coach..... Hmm .....and someone on here tried to convince me Zamp and PA were both good position coaches...... Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:11 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ......and Zampese was BOTH of their QB coach..... Hmm .....and someone on here tried to convince me Zamp and PA were both good position coaches...... Hmm 

Was it a monkey holding a handgun? lol

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 04:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. Fixing the line will already give you a guy that can compete at a top 10 level. The kind of practice Dalton needs is effectively moving around in the pocket to buy a second or two to find an open receiver and not jetting out for the sidelines and throwing the ball away 95 percent of the time as soon as there's a little bit of pressure.

Of course, that entails teaching the WRs how put some effort into finding some holes in the defense to get open when their route is done and the QB has to extend a play.

Exactly, EVERYONE could use some work on this offense.  QB, line, and WRs.  One thing that irked me is the lack of WRs coming back to the QB when he scrambles out of the pocket.  Lots of times, you see them just sitting in their routes.  Break the route off and come back toward the LOS FFS!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was it a monkey holding a handgun? lol

LMAO .....yeah.....er......something like that! :andy:

Reply/Quote